Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 6 Apr 2010, 20:28 (Ref:2667885)   #1
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
MSVR, Silverstone, F2 April 17/18

The timetable for this meeting can be found at http://www.msvracing.co.uk/media/128...%20gp%20f2.pdf

It looks like a cracking meeting, F2, GT Cup, Lotus On Track and more!!

If anyone is around and hasn't volunteered then please contact Fay Crook or volunteer via Julian's site, it looks like being a great weekend.

We'd be especially happy to see Pits and Startline marshals, there used to be a really good crew of pit marshals at Silverstone but as things have changed over the years there are very few left and we really struggle to cover the pit lane and for this meeting it's going to be a particular problem if we don't have enough pit marshals. So if you fancy coming out for a meeting then we'd love to see you. Ian Denyer is Chief Pits with Charlotte Chivers as Deputy. I might even supply chocolate as bribery!

Last edited by Piglet; 6 Apr 2010 at 21:00.
Old 6 Apr 2010, 20:54 (Ref:2667905)   #2
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
We'd be especially happy to see Pits and Startline marshals
I'm pretty sure that I've put my name down for pits for this one - emailed to Fay via the MSVR address.
I believe Fay's been busy / catching-up, so I've not had any confirmation, but if I'm *not* on her list already, you can put me down for this.
Old 6 Apr 2010, 21:02 (Ref:2667915)   #3
Startline Ed
Racer

United Kingdom
Bristol
Startline Ed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The timetable for this meeting can be found at http://www.msvracing.co.uk/media/128...%20gp%20f2.pdf

If anyone is around and hasn't volunteered then please contact Fay Crook or volunteer via Julian's site, it looks like being a great weekend.

We'd be especially happy to see Pits and Startline marshals, there used to be a really good crew of pit marshals at Silverstone but as things have changed over the years there are very few left and we really struggle to cover the pit lane and for this meeting it's going to be a particular problem if we don't have enough pit marshals. So if you fancy coming out for a meeting then we'd love to see you. Ian Denyer is Chief Pits with Charlotte Chivers as Deputy. I might even supply chocolate as bribery!
You had me at chocolate. I shall PM Fay immediately.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 06:00 (Ref:2668046)   #4
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Startline Ed View Post
You had me at chocolate. I shall PM Fay immediately.
Good lad
Old 7 Apr 2010, 09:31 (Ref:2668122)   #5
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness2702 View Post
I'm pretty sure that I've put my name down for pits for this one
I've just heard from Fay. I'm down to flag on this one, so I'm sorry if I got your hopes up :\
Old 7 Apr 2010, 09:44 (Ref:2668130)   #6
NICK ALLISON
Racer

England
london
NICK ALLISON should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

There is still a good Pit team just fewer of us.I would like to be there but at Brands that weekend .Also I think it is the GT1 in Abu Dhabi so that has taken a few of the orange army out of circulation.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 09:49 (Ref:2668133)   #7
NICK ALLISON
Racer

England
london
PS.You can just about scrape through with 2 or 3 in the Pits at Silverstone ,just alot of ground to cover .Cheaper than joining a gym though .
Old 7 Apr 2010, 11:06 (Ref:2668165)   #8
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICK ALLISON View Post
PS.You can just about scrape through with 2 or 3 in the Pits at Silverstone ,just alot of ground to cover .Cheaper than joining a gym though .
It's not fun with 2 though...you have to have 1 on the exit lights, and then one more covering the entire length of the pitlane
Old 7 Apr 2010, 11:52 (Ref:2668190)   #9
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although we are not too badly off we could still do with some more flags and post chiefs. Also we are a bit light on incident as we are on the GP circuit.

Anyone doing startline can also do pits (if they are willing), as the startline at this meeting is on the F1 grid and as such both startline and pits will probably use the same pits office. We certainly did last weekend and I suspect we will at the BRSCC this weekend.

I will be sending tickets out tomorrow so you should get them by Saturday or Monday at the latest. It is a really good mix, with plenty of cars so it should be a good weekend.

As stated above just PM/email/phone or see me at Silverstone this weekend if you are free.

Regards

Fay Crook
Chief Marshal
MSVR Silverstone
Old 7 Apr 2010, 11:53 (Ref:2668191)   #10
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
LOL...I'm familiar with that...last time a few of us managed to combine pits and startline (and race control!) and the Speed pitstops were mainly overseen by clerks who got to experience "outside" for the first time in a while for many (isn't that right Mr Poulter ) plus the assembly crew helped out. We made sure that we ate extra chocolate to ensure no weight was lost!!

All joking aside, it is hard work though and it becomes not much fun for anyone. It would be nice if we could put together a bigger crew so that running at Silverstone (and Donington as well if it happens) isn't such a problem.

so...if you've fancied doing Pits then please volunteer; if your wife or partner has always fanced marshalling but doesn't fancy being out on the bank, then see if she fancies volunteering. Pits and Startline (and assembly) are IMV well suited to us ladies, not because we can't do the hard graft on the bank but that it's a much more communication driven role with more interaction with competitors, teams etc. (the added bonus is that there is always a loo and usually a chip van close to hand!). Also perhaps if you're a on-track marshal but you've got an injury that means you struggle on the bank then what about giving it a go?

[end of recruitment drive!]

Guiness, never mind, we'll grab you for another meeting! The problem Fay has is that she needs to cover off the circuit as a first priority so those like you (and often Ed) who are able to multi task, often get pinched from pits/startline as the on-circuit need is greater.....

Any queries about pits or startline marshalling generally drop me a PM, I'll help where possible or point you in the direction of someone else who can.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 12:17 (Ref:2668202)   #11
Piglet
Veteran

Oh and by way of additional bribery, there will be the usual MSVR Marshal's prize of the Jaguar ride.

There is usually a cash raffle with dosh supplied by Lotus on Track, Calypso Elise should be able to confirm if that will be the case as well.

Fay - that's good news about the grid location, I had heard that it wasn't necessarily going to stay on the F1 grid but it would make it much easier if it was there and anyone willing can multi-task the two discliplines.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 13:47 (Ref:2668268)   #12
NICK ALLISON
Racer

England
london
Quote:
It's not fun with 2 though...you have to have 1 on the exit lights, and then one more covering the entire length of the pitlane
Been there ,done that .
Old 7 Apr 2010, 15:26 (Ref:2668312)   #13
Startline Ed
Racer

United Kingdom
Bristol
Startline Ed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I may well be start & flag for this one it seems. From what I have seen of the redone pit straight I will have a lot of walking to do.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 16:08 (Ref:2668328)   #14
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Been there ,done that .
Many times I imagine!
Old 7 Apr 2010, 19:16 (Ref:2668414)   #15
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICK ALLISON
Been there ,done that
Quote:
Many times I imagine!
and me. - good luck Ian

But don't care.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 19:38 (Ref:2668428)   #16
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepits! View Post
and me. - good luck Ian
I'm just pleased at the idea of being able to do pits and startline from the same place - last time we ran between the two!
Old 7 Apr 2010, 19:50 (Ref:2668435)   #17
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No you don't, the Exit lights at Silverstone can be completely controlled by Race Control (you surely don't have to ask how I know that ) - leaving two for the lane.

But don't care.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 20:23 (Ref:2668457)   #18
welche2
Racer

United Kingdom
swadlincote
welche2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dont worry fay, i be there.
Old 9 Apr 2010, 12:42 (Ref:2669458)   #19
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like good entries for the GT Cup (over 40 cars) also the Lotus races are oversubscribed.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 15:42 (Ref:2670126)   #20
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've just volunteered for the Saturday (through Silverstone) but will be at Mallory on the Sunday. Bit of an early sign on (7-7.45!!) but a great timetable with plenty of races on the Saturday too. Hoping the good weather continues after getting cold & wet last weekend!
Old 10 Apr 2010, 18:27 (Ref:2670207)   #21
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gorgeous weather here today - and better racing than last weekend
Old 12 Apr 2010, 21:01 (Ref:2671648)   #22
Miss Pebbles
Another Little Teapot
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Miss Pebbles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there, volunteered through Penny so will be on course, really looking forward to it, looks like a great line-up, just not too thrilled about the -1 overnight temperature forecast while Im in my tent!
Old 12 Apr 2010, 21:33 (Ref:2671658)   #23
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pebbles View Post
I'll be there, volunteered through Penny so will be on course, really looking forward to it, looks like a great line-up, just not too thrilled about the -1 overnight temperature forecast while Im in my tent!
I'm sure I won't be the only one to offer you a spot in a nice warm caravan
Old 13 Apr 2010, 21:12 (Ref:2672309)   #24
Ian Briggs
Veteran

Ian Briggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, an unexpected gap in the Diary means I am coming down to sunny Northamptonshire for the weekend It will be nice to see what the place is like on a non GP weekend.
Old 15 Apr 2010, 11:05 (Ref:2673077)   #25
Piglet
Veteran

Any more for any more? Timetable looks fab, weather is going to be lovely and it's going to be a great weekend

Let Fay know if you have any late availability and we'll sort tickets out in some way for you.

We are still short of startline marshals...