Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 May 2008, 11:18 (Ref:2202991)   #701
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
This sucks!!!
Hope Vitaphone will get turned down every next time they apply for an entry.
Old 15 May 2008, 12:55 (Ref:2203066)   #702
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster
This sucks!!!
Hope Vitaphone will get turned down every next time they apply for an entry.
They didn't apply for an entry, it was an automatic entry for winning the FIA GT GT1 Championship, and it looks to me like they sold it to Strekka.
Old 15 May 2008, 13:02 (Ref:2203072)   #703
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r
They didn't apply for an entry, it was an automatic entry for winning the FIA GT GT1 Championship, and it looks to me like they sold it to Strekka.
nope, in fact they rejected their invitational entry and were assigned a new one afterwards... they applied after rejecting the original one for reasons that go beyond my knowledge/comprehension....
Old 15 May 2008, 13:08 (Ref:2203085)   #704
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
'Want that one............'......
Old 15 May 2008, 15:48 (Ref:2203200)   #705
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tim Sugden and Tim Mullen will join Rob Bell in the Virgo Ferrari. Cracking line-up!

(Source Endurance-Info.com)
Old 15 May 2008, 15:50 (Ref:2203201)   #706
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
so is their a 'latest' line up then. I'm all confused now (doesnt take much)!
Old 15 May 2008, 16:37 (Ref:2203246)   #707
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
so is their a 'latest' line up then. I'm all confused now (doesnt take much)!
There has been no previous word from Virgo on who would join Bell until now, only lots of speculation
Old 15 May 2008, 16:51 (Ref:2203257)   #708
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Tim Sugden and Tim Mullen will join Rob Bell in the Virgo Ferrari. Cracking line-up!

(Source Endurance-Info.com)
Certainly should make them one of the favorites for the victory!

DK
Old 15 May 2008, 16:53 (Ref:2203259)   #709
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Bruni hopefully gets his wish and joins Salo and Melo in Risi.

Last edited by vorsprung; 15 May 2008 at 16:57.
Old 15 May 2008, 17:21 (Ref:2203283)   #710
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung
So Bruni hopefully gets his wish and joins Salo and Melo in Risi.
It seems to me that PlanetLemans has been listing the Risi entry as Salo, Melo and Bruni for a few weeks now. They should also be a definite threat for GT2 victory.

DK
Old 15 May 2008, 17:33 (Ref:2203292)   #711
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
[QUOTE=Bentley03]Tim Sugden and Tim Mullen will join Rob Bell in the Virgo Ferrari. Cracking line-up! [QUOTE]

Well , I couldnt have put that better ..... what a belting squad .

Its ****ing me off slightly , cuz now I got to cheer on a Fiat !!!

Dont remind me .

Brilliant crew . If any 430 is going to win , I want it to be this one .
Old 15 May 2008, 18:06 (Ref:2203311)   #712
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Never mind Badger, the team boss thinks he's running at the 75th anniversary! So obviously it will be the same result as last year!
Old 15 May 2008, 19:40 (Ref:2203378)   #713
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
How sure are we that bruni will be with Risi at Le mans, it is state at endurance info that he is under contract with AF CORSE, and since he is one of the fastest 430 Drivers out ther, and since AF will participate at Le mans wouldint it be stupid to place you best driver with the oposition,

I would also Love to see Andrew Kinkaldly at one of the Ferraris posibly to enhance the Famracher entry, ALSO Dirk Muler and Dominik from Tafel are a must,

not to mention biagi, Vilander, and Montanari from AF Corse,

so with such Exelent names porsche are in trouble expecilay since all of their cars will have atleast one slower driver,
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 15 May 2008, 21:00 (Ref:2203455)   #714
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis
so with such Exelent names porsche are in trouble expecilay since all of their cars will have atleast one slower driver,
How do you make that out . None of the driver squads are fully known yet .

I would suggest they will look like this ,

IMSA -Narac-Lietz- ..... no slow driver , possibily Long will be there .

Felbermayer-Lied-Davison-..... no slow driver , possibily Pilet will be there .

Lizards-Overbeek-Bergmeister-Henzler ..... no slow driver there either .
Old 15 May 2008, 21:08 (Ref:2203465)   #715
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Talking of Porsche and I have not sure if this has been said elsewhere but today's print edition of Autosport they where linking Sascha Maassen
with the 3rd seat in the Team Essex RS Sypder
Old 15 May 2008, 22:31 (Ref:2203533)   #716
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
How do you make that out . None of the driver squads are fully known yet .

I would suggest they will look like this ,

IMSA -Narac-Lietz- ..... no slow driver , possibily Long will be there .

Felbermayer-Lied-Davison-..... no slow driver , possibily Pilet will be there .

Lizards-Overbeek-Bergmeister-Henzler ..... no slow driver there either .
here is a little info from the last race at spa, Narac was 1-2 seconds slower then Lietz in the 76 IMSA, while Davidson is a secund a lap slower then lieb in the 77 fembayer proton, while both van overbeek and henzler are half sec to a sec slower then Bergmaister.

If risi runs MELO SALO BRUNI, they are all full factory drivers, there wouldnt be more then .3 of a sec between them. \i know cose I watched them live at sebring. until Melo crashed his car.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 16 May 2008, 05:22 (Ref:2203677)   #717
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
How sure are we that bruni will be with Risi at Le mans, it is state at endurance info that he is under contract with AF CORSE, and since he is one of the fastest 430 Drivers out ther, and since AF will participate at Le mans wouldint it be stupid to place you best driver with the oposition,

I would also Love to see Andrew Kinkaldly at one of the Ferraris posibly to enhance the Famracher entry, ALSO Dirk Muler and Dominik from Tafel are a must,

not to mention biagi, Vilander, and Montanari from AF Corse,

Gimmi told me himself he was most probably going to be with them . He has a FIA-GT contract with AF Corse, for LM all bets are open
Old 16 May 2008, 07:20 (Ref:2203708)   #718
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

....until Melo crashed his car.

Being quick didn't help much then............

Sorry, I couldn't resist that - it just tickled me........
Old 16 May 2008, 09:29 (Ref:2203811)   #719
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Question (and a conspiracy theory).

Did anyone print off the original garage allocations document the ACO published a couple of weeks ago? A revised version has now been published and clearly there have been some changes. The Saulnier LMP1 has conveniently been slotted in next to the other Pescas, but what I'm really interested in is whether the Racing Box garage was previously adjacent to the Epsilon Euskadi garage? With strong rumour of a Racing Box forfeit and the 2nd Epsilon Euskadi at the top of the reserve list, are the ACO expecting an imminent change to the entry list?
Old 16 May 2008, 11:32 (Ref:2203894)   #720
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Being quick didn't help much then............

Sorry, I couldn't resist that - it just tickled me........
Oh ..... dont be sorry Ayse ..... that comment made me laugh . I dont suppose brielga and his troops appreciated it though !!!

LMAO

Bet your sorry for mentioning it now though ...
Old 16 May 2008, 11:53 (Ref:2203919)   #721
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:

Did anyone print off the original garage allocations document the ACO published a couple of weeks ago? A revised version has now been published and clearly there have been some changes. The Saulnier LMP1 has conveniently been slotted in next to the other Pescas, but what I'm really interested in is whether the Racing Box garage was previously adjacent to the Epsilon Euskadi garage? With strong rumour of a Racing Box forfeit and the 2nd Epsilon Euskadi at the top of the reserve list, are the ACO expecting an imminent change to the entry list?

I haven't checked it, but the original allocation is on my site -

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk/2008/2008pits.htm

Racing Box were in the third of the 'extra' garages, in between Virgo and Vitaphone.
Old 16 May 2008, 12:00 (Ref:2203930)   #722
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There are several changes -

Felbermayr from 20 to 54
Creation from 40 to 21
Larbre from 21 to 40
Racing Box from 54 to 18 (as you say, next door to Barazi Epsilon and Epsilon Euskadi)
Bruishladdich and JMB have swapped 12 and 13 (unless I got those wrong originally)
Barazi from 18 to 20

Otherwise unchanged.

Good conspiracy theory spot I think James........
Old 16 May 2008, 13:32 (Ref:2204009)   #723
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Pierre Ehret and Pierre Kaffer are most likely to race for Farnbracher Ferrari entry, ont their sites under calendar bouth drivers have Le Mans posted, I also found this on one of thier sites so third driver is Dänen Lars Niellson, here is the link in german http://www.pierre-kaffer.com/?go=news&item=52
and the google translation http://www.google.com/translate?u=ht...F8&sl=de&tl=en

Last edited by arakis; 16 May 2008 at 13:35.
Old 16 May 2008, 13:43 (Ref:2204020)   #724
The Badger
Veteran

I thought Beltoise was in the car too , but he is also reserve driver for Pug ?
Old 16 May 2008, 13:58 (Ref:2204032)   #725
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Well, they better decide soon, they're my first RTD in the prediction thread!

And Arakis is right, all the Porsche squads have a vaguely slower driver.
I'd love love love to see virgo win, but Ferraris have a habit of falling apart...