Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 May 2004, 20:28 (Ref:970242)   #26
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Dad and I are heading over again with MRI, so will be down about 10 on Saturday.

Pits grandstand this year, so you might see me hanging over the edge getting the best photos i can! (Canon 10D incidentally)
Old 13 May 2004, 20:36 (Ref:970249)   #27
fangio
Racer

fangio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there all week; what's your meeting point and how are members recognized?
Old 13 May 2004, 20:53 (Ref:970263)   #28
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by fangio
I'll be there all week; what's your meeting point and how are members recognized?
The meeting point's are IIRC are Pit Lane 3pm Friday afternoon and 12 noon in the Main Square in the Village on both Saturday and Sunday. As for how to recognized everyone er not sure about that yet.......
Old 13 May 2004, 22:18 (Ref:970338)   #29
BillandLara
Racer

BillandLara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liz, I hope you and Mags don't snore too loudly! I will be in a convoy of two MG Midgets, a Frogeye Sprite, a Westfield and an Audi Estate car (well someone has to carry the beer!) Travelling over on Thursday evening and arriving at Houx Annexe on Friday Morning in time for watching the Friday entertainment and the Parade de Pilotes thingmy. Nick and I "did" last year,( ariving on saturday afternoon) and became hooked and Rob in the Westie came a few years ago, proving that if ya do it once you will always want to do it again. The others are "virgins" but once bitten!...

Bill (and Nick!)

Last edited by BillandLara; 13 May 2004 at 22:19.
Old 14 May 2004, 05:11 (Ref:970515)   #30
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by fangio
Rob posted the meetings above :
- Friday : 3pm in the pitlane, facing Henri's garages !
- Saturday : noon, on the main Village square
- Sunday : same !

No sign : just ask ! You'll find a group of people with a glass in the hand...

I had my special Aysedasi tee-shirt by mail yesterday ! I have to thank the boss and team mate for that ! My daughters want to steal it already !

Not kidding : dare to ask, that's how we met last year and in April... and it works ! Ayse and I posted a portrait in our profile (check it out), and I may post the last year group, just for fun, a week before...

Er... I'll be on the spot today, weather is just marvelous !
Old 14 May 2004, 07:21 (Ref:970577)   #31
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh yes it's the French Motor Cycle GP this weekend isn't it. So that means we all get to see Le Mans on the Tele on Sunday afternoon.......
Old 14 May 2004, 12:43 (Ref:970860)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by gi_gav

Pits grandstand this year, so you might see me hanging over the edge getting the best photos i can! (Canon 10D incidentally)

In that case we can wave our 10D's at each other Gav......
Old 14 May 2004, 16:10 (Ref:971065)   #33
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Off the beat question ..... but food and motorsport do go together . What do the french people do about "camenbert" in the fridge , it stinks !!! Do they eat it in one sitting or what ? Ive just started getting into it but its stinking up my fridge ?

A few ideas might not go amiss ..... thanks

Last edited by The Badger; 14 May 2004 at 16:11.
Old 14 May 2004, 16:36 (Ref:971089)   #34
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
Off the beat question ..... but food and motorsport do go together . What do the french people do about "camenbert" in the fridge , it stinks !!! Do they eat it in one sitting or what ? Ive just started getting into it but its stinking up my fridge ?

In a plastic box... or eat it fast ! BTW, my grandfather did eat it almost "alive" (with worms on it) ! Heck !
Old 14 May 2004, 17:06 (Ref:971097)   #35
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Decent cheese has not been in the Fridge for ages. Nice and warm...
Old 15 May 2004, 08:53 (Ref:971544)   #36
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Richy_Rich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well me and the missus will be there, hope to see some of you...
Old 15 May 2004, 08:54 (Ref:971545)   #37
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just collected our tickets, so barring fuel blockages we are all set now, Just one planning meeting to go now (Rob, your excused due to distance!) the tent to check for mice and give the sleeping bag a quick wash.
Look out for SL and Rd in a darkpurpleish E type, dark red SEAT Toledo (as driven by Huff & Plato!) or silver Cilo enroute or in the Expo Layby.
Old 15 May 2004, 09:52 (Ref:971558)   #38
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
I hope to be there on wednesday noon (more or less) and pitch the tent and stuff in Tertre Rouge. my colleague Dominique should join on friday morning. all 3 TT meetings are of course scheduled...
we'll be in pits grandstand as alway (it seems there'll be many TT members by there)
and still waitng for tickets to arrive (they're all paid and confirmed, though)
Old 15 May 2004, 10:38 (Ref:971589)   #39
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All set and ready to go. Tent was OK the other weekend at Brands. But the BBQ has yet to be sanitized, that means chipping off the remains of last years burgers.

E type is almost set, blew a fuse, just found out where fuse box is...What a stupid place to put it !!!! Probably have another test next weekend to Brands

Simon
Old 15 May 2004, 10:54 (Ref:971597)   #40
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Look can we stop talking about CANON 10D's because I want one, just can't afford one
Old 15 May 2004, 12:10 (Ref:971645)   #41
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Rob, it was Tickets OR Canon...

BTW, did you collect the "comers" above ?
Old 15 May 2004, 12:19 (Ref:971653)   #42
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
No just the Canon....
Old 15 May 2004, 12:29 (Ref:971663)   #43
BillandLara
Racer

BillandLara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just had a first test run on my new tent. It seems ok, Midget just passed its MOT and going to have tune up in Alfreton on Tuesday, so it's all systems go... Still waiting for Continental Travel to come up with the darned tickets though!
Last years basic Olympus digital zoomer for piccies though. Isn't digital zoom rubbish? One day I will get a real camera like you experts.... Or go back to me dad's old Voigtlander...

Bill
Old 15 May 2004, 14:04 (Ref:971705)   #44
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by BillandLara
Just had a first test run on my new tent. It seems ok, Midget just passed its MOT and going to have tune up in Alfreton on Tuesday, so it's all systems go...
Bill
That brings back memories, Bill, My first trip to LeMans in 1983, I took my mark 4 Austin Healey Sprite, had a great time except for the clutch blowing up as we pulled into the car park on Thursday afternoon. Sunday evening, slightly worse for wear we pulled the engine and gearbox out by hand and changed the clutch and drove back with it running perfectly - why I spent £50.00 on RAC breakdown cover I'll never know!
Old 17 May 2004, 06:39 (Ref:972992)   #45
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I´ll leave spain on wednesday evening and expect to arrive on thursday afternoon in time for qualifying. We´ll stay on parking bleu and grandstand 34. I am planning to carry a barbecue with good spanish products, so anyone of you is invited to lunch on friday, just tell me!!!
Old 17 May 2004, 12:57 (Ref:973299)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Camembert? Not that much aroma at all really - well, compared with some others. I'm not allowed to bring French cheese indoors any more. OK, I can get away with camembert and brie (coz the missus has heard of them....), but anything even vaguely exotic and she chucks it out. Trouble is, as Adam says, you don't want decent French cheese in your fridge - should be about ready to eat when it develops a life of its own and begins to crawl off the plate in the larder...... gorgeous! Anyone remember Steve McQueen in The Blob? Always makes me feel hungry........
Old 17 May 2004, 13:07 (Ref:973313)   #47
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
You can keep the crawlers Ayse ..... Im "just" starting to get into Camenbert !!! Reminds me of bad feet , only worse !!!
Old 17 May 2004, 13:22 (Ref:973327)   #48
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Indeed we can Ayse! Although the pits stand is steep enough that i might be hanging on rather than waving!
Old 17 May 2004, 17:39 (Ref:973607)   #49
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
You can keep the crawlers Ayse ..... Im "just" starting to get into Camenbert !!! Reminds me of bad feet , only worse !!!
Camembert has a gentle and soft smell. Some other cheeses are far, far more terrible : Epoisses, Munster, Maroilles.
...They stink so good !
Don't try to bring some back home, they smell even through the Tupperware.
Old 17 May 2004, 19:55 (Ref:973730)   #50
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HEading out on the Chunnel on Wednesday evening. Having a night In Rouen's finest hotel (a F1!). Will arrive at the circuit at lunchtime, camping in Le Houx Annexe.. can't wait for the Grp C race!

My MR2 may make it's continetal debut (if it behaves over the coming month).. other car yet to be confirmed.. either a Primera GT or something rather cool..

Can't wait!