Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Jan 2024, 23:03 (Ref:4193233)   #26
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1302 View Post
The team name is RB - the sponsor is Visa Cash App
That's not how they are formally entered. The entry is under the team name 'Visa Cash App RB Formula One Team'.

[pedant mode]

Officially:

Team NameConstructor
BWT Alpine Formula 1 TeamAlpine
Aston Martin Aramco Formula 1 TeamAston Martin Aramco
Scuderia FerrariFerrari
MoneyGram Haas Formula 1 TeamHaas
Stake Formula 1 Team Kick SauberKick Sauber
McLaren Formula 1 TeamMcLaren
Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula 1 TeamMercedes
Visa Cash App RB Formula 1 TeamRB
Oracle Red Bull RacingRed Bull Racing
Williams RacingWilliams

[/pedant mode]
Old 25 Jan 2024, 04:07 (Ref:4193257)   #27
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 25 Jan 2024, 04:09 (Ref:4193258)   #28
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1302 View Post
The team name is RB - the sponsor is Visa Cash App
Entered as and officially known as (in all official documentation, entry lists, programmes, results sheets etc, as) "Visa Cash App RB F1 Team"

I think that is Ayse's point.

Edit: Whoops, wrote and submitted my post before noticing "CRM" had posted similar over on this page

Last edited by E.B; 25 Jan 2024 at 04:15.
Old 25 Jan 2024, 08:10 (Ref:4193264)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just appalling.....
Old 25 Jan 2024, 08:24 (Ref:4193266)   #30
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's about time that teams and/or constructors realised that if radio and TV commentators were to use the full title of the cars then there would be no air time to actually broadcast what was happening on the track; these naming rights are just to satisfy the egos of those choosing to use the cars as mobile advertising boards.

In reality, their full titles may be used once or twice during a broadcast, but for the most part the cars will be referred to by either the driver's name and/or the constructor's. And this happens in many forms of motorsport.
Old 25 Jan 2024, 09:00 (Ref:4193275)   #31
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Having spent a few minutes thinking about it, the only names that really come to mind are very, very few. The most prominent would be the JPS Lotus followed by being aware that Marlboro featured heavily on McLaren but I cannot recall Ferrari being called a Marlboro Ferrari.

And only because I happened to see a picture of one of their transporters yesterday, there was the Yardley McLaren. And that's it although like Yardley, unless someone mentions it or I see a picture, then those names, even if well known or even in constant use up until the present, I don't associate their name or product with motorsport. Names like Martini or Durex, if I see them, don't immediately conjure up a mental picture of a racing car.
Old 25 Jan 2024, 10:03 (Ref:4193285)   #32
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
In reality, their full titles may be used once or twice during a broadcast, but for the most part the cars will be referred to by either the driver's name and/or the constructor's. And this happens in many forms of motorsport.
I agree that this is typically the case. In terms of the 2024 grid though, I wonder what the commonly used name that teams are referred to (particularly by commentators) will be.

Most seem obvious - Mercedes, Aston Martin, Red Bull, Williams.

But will Stake be referred to as 'Stake' or 'Sauber'?

And what name will commentators refer to RB as? RB is likely to cause confusion with RBR, so I expect they will be commonly referred to as the Visa team? If so, then the marketing choice of registering the constructor as just RB will have worked.
Old 25 Jan 2024, 12:16 (Ref:4193297)   #33
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Just appalling.....

Old 25 Jan 2024, 12:58 (Ref:4193303)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ferrari engine testing.....

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1171386270502173
Old 25 Jan 2024, 13:08 (Ref:4193304)   #35
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

Definitely on to a winner....
Old 25 Jan 2024, 20:44 (Ref:4193354)   #36
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
The first indication of how teams might be referred to comes in the BBC's 2024 season guide article - https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/67787837

When are the 2024 F1 new car launches?
Teams will launch their new cars in February, before the 24-race season begins. It gives fans the chance to get a good look before teams set out for pre-season testing.
5 February - Sauber
5 February - Williams
7 February - Alpine
8 February - Visa Cash App RB
11 February - Haas
12 February - Aston Martin
13 February - Ferrari
14 February - Mercedes
14 February - McLaren
15 February - Red Bull
Old 5 Feb 2024, 15:33 (Ref:4195199)   #37
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Williams unveil their updated livery and have kept the Duracell airbox.

Old 5 Feb 2024, 16:04 (Ref:4195202)   #38
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
right! definitely like that they kept the Duracell airbox...still a great and clever use of space imo. overall like the darker shades (although may feel differently if and when all the cars look darker), and like that there are apparently some nods to previous Williams cars.

nice return of the Komatsu name...which of course i dont remember from back in the day at all so was confused as to why the new Haas TP had his name on the side of a Williams car lol.
Old 5 Feb 2024, 16:09 (Ref:4195203)   #39
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
And, of course, having a dark car during a low lit launch means that photographers and competitors are unable to see the subtle architecture that Williams have created.
Old 5 Feb 2024, 16:18 (Ref:4195205)   #40
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
its still last years car so i doubt there is much desire to hide any of it.
Old 5 Feb 2024, 19:35 (Ref:4195229)   #41
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sauber livery designed by the makers of Flow-vis...

Yes, I know the color is from Stake

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...-c44/10572635/

Richard
Old 5 Feb 2024, 21:42 (Ref:4195248)   #42
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
just personal preference but while i like the green i wish there was another colour to break it up other than black.
Old 6 Feb 2024, 15:07 (Ref:4195360)   #43
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
We have not had a green car for a while. Makes a nice change.
Old 6 Feb 2024, 16:04 (Ref:4195370)   #44
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
We have not had a green car for a while. Makes a nice change.
It has been quite a while.

Old 6 Feb 2024, 16:39 (Ref:4195380)   #45
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It has been quite a while.

That is green. Whereas the Sauber (!) is GREEEN.
Old 6 Feb 2024, 18:00 (Ref:4195392)   #46
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
50 Shades of Green.

I'm with chilli on this, the Sauber could do with another colour. The black background and overall dark setting doesn't help. I think in daylight, it might look a bit better.
Old 7 Feb 2024, 15:34 (Ref:4195571)   #47
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I see that the new Alpine is yet another basically black car with splashes of colour on it. I'm sure there'll be more debate about this.
Old 7 Feb 2024, 16:12 (Ref:4195580)   #48
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I see that the new Alpine is yet another basically black car with splashes of colour on it. I'm sure there'll be more debate about this.
Same happened last year. I think that the Williams and Alpine colour schemes look too similar, but we will not really know until we see them on track.
Old 7 Feb 2024, 16:40 (Ref:4195587)   #49
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
obviously lots and lots of black. could it be more colourful? for sure yes but i dont necessarily find it as dreary as to what the current general internet consensus seems to be.

snagged from reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co...rful_liveries/

also couldnt tell if this was just a livery launch or is this the first 2024 spec car we have seen?
Old 8 Feb 2024, 00:55 (Ref:4195646)   #50
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I guess stripping it down to carbon makes it about 0.00047s a lap faster, which means they should all only be about 2.99953s per lap slower than the RB now.