Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 May 2009, 17:24 (Ref:2469631)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is Maison Blanche Dead?

Thw website that is - not the part of the circuit......

I know we tend not to mention other websites all that often, but when I first started my site, Maison Blanche was one of the first two sites to put up links for me and it was always one of my first reference points for things about Le Mans and for the entry lists and so on. It seemed to have died 3 or 4 years ago, but there was a note on there last year (which is still there) which suggested that the site was going to be revamped - a revamp which appears never to have happened. Anyone know any more?
Old 31 May 2009, 14:39 (Ref:2472720)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well interest in it obviously is............
Old 31 May 2009, 15:13 (Ref:2472732)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
When I got interest in LM it was one of my favorite websites.
Old 31 May 2009, 16:04 (Ref:2472751)   #4
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I assume someone ("rick@maisonblanche.co.uk" ?) must be paying for its upkeep. Like your site Ayse it was interesting to see the snapshots of how things were even a few years back...Taurus (diesel?) and Spinnaker (did they even start?) in the 2004 entry list.
Old 31 May 2009, 16:09 (Ref:2472754)   #5
ceeslm
Rookie

Netherlands
krimpen
ceeslm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i mentoined it a couple of years ago alllready ,look here http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...t=47192&page=2
Old 31 May 2009, 17:12 (Ref:2472780)   #6
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr View Post
I assume someone ("rick@maisonblanche.co.uk" ?) must be paying for its upkeep. Like your site Ayse it was interesting to see the snapshots of how things were even a few years back...Taurus (diesel?) and Spinnaker (did they even start?) in the 2004 entry list.
No, Spinnaker wasn't even seen in either qualifying sessions, I can't quite recall (well, I was 10 at the time) why it failed scrutineering.
Old 31 May 2009, 18:21 (Ref:2472812)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Someone must've let the wind out of it's sails.......
Old 31 May 2009, 21:22 (Ref:2472939)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Someone must've let the wind out of it's sails.......
IIRC it capsized already before getting in the water...
Old 1 Jun 2009, 06:25 (Ref:2473137)   #9
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Last I heard from Rick (who, amongst other things does PR for Pilbeam) he was looking to update Maisonblanche periodically around a very busy schedule elsewhere (I know how he feels!!)
Old 1 Jun 2009, 08:26 (Ref:2473177)   #10
maisonblanche
Rookie

United Kingdom
Sandy, Bedfordshire
maisonblanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still here ;O)

Hi Ayse, Graham et al (and thanks to MulsanneMike for giving me the heads up on this!),

Graham is indeed right (as always!), MB is still alive, if not actually kicking! (Yet!)

Long story as to it's mothballing but basically personal reasons. Gradually coming out the other side of this and fully intended to get the revamp ready for this year's event but that old enemy time has beaten me again. Shame as this year would have been the 10th anniversary of the first event we reported on - that classic of 1999 with flying Mercs, Lehto's throttle linkage problem when miles in the lead with only hours to go and punctures for chasing Toyotas .. oh and not forgetting ol Smokin Jo on the podium still with tab in mouth But working on it still (want this to be a full relaunch, not a half-cocked 'finish it someday' attempt!).

As Graham mentions, have just finished working on the new Pilbeam website at www.pilbeamracing.co.uk and this is not too dissimilar to how the new MB will look in terms of compactness, although I have a coding issue which is fragmenting the page when using the scroller on the mouse, so will get that sorted before I go any further on MB!

Will be there next week of course (how good does it feel to type that!!) - my 29th with camera, although shooting "beerside" again (only one more year hopefully!). We're in the Team Langoustine "Hunaudieres" campsite (conveniently located for tram stops and the Stella bar by Tertre Rouge) with banner somewhere by tent so please feel free to drop by!

Cheers

Rick
Old 1 Jun 2009, 09:09 (Ref:2473204)   #11
maisonblanche
Rookie

United Kingdom
Sandy, Bedfordshire
Oops! Got carried away with the counting (not enough fingers and toes!). It's 28 for me this year
Old 1 Jun 2009, 19:01 (Ref:2473570)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Great to hear from you Rick - I still owe you for that first link......
Old 2 Jun 2009, 07:44 (Ref:2473849)   #13
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Pleased to learn that you're still with us. Yours was the first website I "discovered" which dealt with LM.

On a similar subject, what happened to the American site, based in Florida, which dealt with endurance racing? The name's slipped my ailing memory and I don't seem to have heard of it for a couple of years. Michael....? ran it
Old 2 Jun 2009, 07:54 (Ref:2473851)   #14
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Pleased to learn that you're still with us. Yours was the first website I "discovered" which dealt with LM.
Likewise.......was very informative.
Old 2 Jun 2009, 08:25 (Ref:2473863)   #15
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Me too!
Old 2 Jun 2009, 11:14 (Ref:2473932)   #16
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

On a similar subject, what happened to the American site, based in Florida, which dealt with endurance racing? The name's slipped my ailing memory and I don't seem to have heard of it for a couple of years. Michael....? ran it
wasn't it something like fastdetails.com?
Old 2 Jun 2009, 12:54 (Ref:2474000)   #17
maisonblanche
Rookie

United Kingdom
Sandy, Bedfordshire
Quote:
Tim Crete ran fastdetails.com and haven't seen him for a while but then I've been out of the loop. It was thanks to Tim that I got the 'gig' at Gunnar Racing at LM in 2000 which went so far to getting me 'up there'!

Other possible site is run by Michael Keyser, he of co-author of "French Kiss With Death" fame, along with being a Sebring 12 Hours winner and being responsible for the awesome Speed Merchants, amongst many other things. His website is autosportsltd.com but is still very much active. Last saw Michael at Sebring in 2006 .. top chap!

And thanks for all the kind words chaps! Will get there one day

Cheers

Rick
Old 2 Jun 2009, 15:49 (Ref:2474102)   #18
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Hmmmmn

None of these websites rings a bell.

Could it have been something like "Le Mans and Sports car racing"? The person who ran it obviously lived near Sebring, but he covered all aspects of Endurance Racing.
Old 2 Jun 2009, 18:52 (Ref:2474207)   #19
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Hmmmmn

Could it have been something like "Le Mans and Sports car racing"? The person who ran it obviously lived near Sebring, but he covered all aspects of Endurance Racing.
Was it this? http://www.endurancesportscar.com/index.html

I still have it in my favourites. Was another one of the first sites I discovered that covered sportscar racing.
Old 2 Jun 2009, 20:56 (Ref:2474316)   #20
kdr
Veteran

Quote:
Hmmmmn

that rings a bell as well.

i'm now trying to rack my brain about other early sites, wasn't DSC called something else at first? totalsportscar or something like that.
Old 2 Jun 2009, 21:05 (Ref:2474326)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm thinking of a site where the colour-scheme was predominantly blue and yellow - are we on the same wavelength?
Old 3 Jun 2009, 07:54 (Ref:2474504)   #22
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Was it this? http://www.endurancesportscar.com/index.html

I still have it in my favourites. Was another one of the first sites I discovered that covered sportscar racing.
Right sort of content, totally different layout.
Old 3 Jun 2009, 07:56 (Ref:2474505)   #23
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm thinking of a site where the colour-scheme was predominantly blue and yellow - are we on the same wavelength?

Yes! Yes!
Pale (Gulf) blue background. That's it!
Come on somebody must remember what it was called and what's happened to it.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 19:35 (Ref:2475495)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's either dead (which would explain why it's not on my links page any more) or it isn't linked back to my site (which would explain why it's not on my links page any more.... )

I'll do some investigating.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 19:38 (Ref:2475497)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm probably not on the same wavelength - this is the one I was thinking of....

http://isr.cudlici.com/