Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 28 Jun 2001, 22:25 (Ref:110952)   #1
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
spectators at f3000 races

i don't know about anyone else, but i think the decision to hold the f3000 races solely under the f1 banner is a bit mislead.
i'm going to silverstone for the f3000 race, and it's going to cost me over £100. this just isn't fair.

perhaps towards the end of the f1 season during the long haul races they should hold a few non-f1 supporting f3000 races, in the main areas of europe where the supporters are/could be so as to attract some more attention.

anyone agree?
Old 29 Jun 2001, 07:23 (Ref:111074)   #2
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Problem,Bella, is there arnt enough fans to make this pay.In UK only Birmingham attracted a crowd,but it cost £1million to erect the circuit each time! They lost several millions over the 5 years it ran,I'm told.I refused to visit Silverstone ever again after I was refused addmision to the 'F1' paddock containing the F3000 cars on qualifying saturday in 1988.I spent the lunch break sitting alone in the stand opposite pits.I may have been the ONLY paying customer that day!
Old 29 Jun 2001, 09:51 (Ref:111091)   #3
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport said Pau may be coming back at a Euro F3000 track, so could it become a full non-F1 supporting F3000 race?
Old 29 Jun 2001, 09:59 (Ref:111093)   #4
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't think that would work,as Pau is always one week after Monaco.Pentacost. Might mean the poor things having to race 3 weeks in sucession.
Old 29 Jun 2001, 14:15 (Ref:111145)   #5
Felix Groot
Rookie

Felix Groot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Bella.
I am from the Netherlands and I think it would be great if we for instance would have a F3000 race at the Zandvoort circuit when the F1 circus - being in Asia or in Canada - does not have a F3000 support race. But if it would attract a big enough crowd is indeed a matter of serious concern. Probably a Dutch driver involved would be necessary.
On the other hand, dropping the F3000 races from the F1-weekends altogether would be someting I oppose: I always try to attend two F1 races in Europe, and think the F3000 qualifying and race are very tasty parts of the event.
Felix
Old 29 Jun 2001, 14:42 (Ref:111149)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

i think the series is actually losing out through not having to worry about the quality of the racing for the spectators. i watched the highlights of the brazilian race, and it was so boring i nearly fell asleep.
the season is also a little short. if a driver has one bad race, it means his season is compramised.
and then there's the matter of the length of the race...

most people try and bundle out of silverstone post qualifying because the queues are terrible, hence missing the race. i'd be interested to know how many people actually saw the race last year.

it's the fact we can't see a race without paying a stupid amount of money and catching some f1 cars at the same time that's the problem. maybe they should start trying to unite all the f3 series across europe, and hold the f3000 race on the same weekend as the national f3 race. that could be interesting. the 'powertour' for the f3 series here is seriously flagging, and could do with some big support.
Old 29 Jun 2001, 14:45 (Ref:111151)   #7
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There was another thread discussing the same topic posted on May 15th and entitled "F3000 - No support race" if you want more information.
Old 29 Jun 2001, 15:03 (Ref:111153)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
thanks for the topic info, just read it, and i have to admit, i'm not suggesting it would be smart to break away completely. i just think it would be nice to be able to go to a race, and not pay over £100 for the priveledge.
Old 29 Jun 2001, 18:36 (Ref:111228)   #9
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
test

test