Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 24 Sep 2007, 21:12 (Ref:2022108)   #1
#FFF#
Rookie

Germany
#FFF# should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My track edits

In this thread I wanna show you some of my Track edits (I'm a beginner so don't flame me badly)

The first track is Estoril:

The Part until the backstraight is the same.
Then I widend the kink in the back straight, so the straight could go on longer + there is more room for Paddock.
Then i made a slow part into a fast part:
I leave the fast right-hander but now there is a medium-fast left-right followed by a fast right.
The last change I did is that i made the last corner into 2 Corners.
The Parabolica still exists but it open's earlier because i made a little kink as the last corner to have more overtaking

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...OR-Estoril.jpg

Please post your opinion
Old 29 Sep 2007, 16:46 (Ref:2025839)   #2
#FFF#
Rookie

Germany
anyone?
Old 29 Sep 2007, 17:05 (Ref:2025848)   #3
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Lustigson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All quite unnoticable edits, apart from Parabolica. They could work to improve overtaking, though.

And welcome to the forum, too.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 11:29 (Ref:2027773)   #4
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome mate.

I quite like what you've done there. As Lustig suggested, not really a lot to look at, but sometimes small edits are the most effective! Keep it up and be sure to offer us some more to look at.

We need to get this forum's vibrancy back, and new members, who DRAW tracks on paint et all rather than put a few lines on a gmap are what it needs.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 12:52 (Ref:2027864)   #5
#FFF#
Rookie

Germany
thanks for the positive comments!
I'm working at a new track, completely made by me.
I think it will be up in a day
Old 1 Oct 2007, 15:48 (Ref:2028008)   #6
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin-1
We need to get this forum's vibrancy back, and new members, who DRAW tracks on paint et all rather than put a few lines on a gmap are what it needs.
Hear hear

It's not a bad edit. Not sure if what you've done to the Corkscrew would be possible, and I'm not sure about what you've done to the last corner, but it's hardly a mega destruction like some I've seen. You've done less damage to it than Tilke did
Old 1 Oct 2007, 19:22 (Ref:2028214)   #7
#FFF#
Rookie

Germany
Autodromo Juan Manuel Fangio

I have nothing to do, so i'll show you my track now, not tomorrow:

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...nuelFangio.jpg

The track: The track is 5.7 km long and it runs clockwise. It has two great overtaking places for interseting races. It also has a fat esses which first goes uphill and the downhill (a very great section)

The circuit is called 'Autodromo Juan Manuel Fangio' and it's located in the outskirts of Buenos Aires. It's ten years ago, since there was a Argentinian GP. So with this track, I want to bring another race to South America.
Plus the short Buenos Aires (old F1 circuit) isn't very spectacular

History: The track was built 2004. It hosted many national and international championships (e.g. V8 Supercars, who drove the short route).
But the track couldn't host F1 because it had very few places to watch.
In 2006 the owner decided to build new tribunes to bring Formula 1 back to Argentinia. And the Argentinian sport comitee and the FIA are discussing about the return of the GP.

sry for bad english
Old 1 Oct 2007, 20:14 (Ref:2028260)   #8
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks good with the two long straights and that technical section.

From a personal point of view though, I'd be tempted to run the circuit as you've drawn it anti-clockwise with a curved entry onto the second straight rather than angular corner at the end of it above the pits area as it is now.

This would give a 3rd overtaking point at what would be the new T3 to go with the new T1 and the end of the second straight

And your English is understandable so not a problem.
Old 2 Oct 2007, 17:26 (Ref:2029136)   #9
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's a bit too angular if I'm being honest.

I've done a edit;

Your English is perfect. I didn't realise you weren't a natural speaker!
Old 2 Oct 2007, 18:08 (Ref:2029178)   #10
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a nice track. But I'd make these changes

Hope you like
Old 2 Oct 2007, 18:12 (Ref:2029182)   #11
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin-1
I think it's a bit too angular if I'm being honest.
Then promptly remove the esses technical section to be replaced by a couple of near 90 degree corners and a straight ????
Old 2 Oct 2007, 18:25 (Ref:2029195)   #12
#FFF#
Rookie

Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab
It's a nice track. But I'd make these changes

Hope you like
Yeah, that's a great edit! I love the new last section. You made it that hard, I usually wanted to do
The only change I don't like are the two corners in the right top of the circuit.

I laso noticed that I made the second corner of the esses a bit to tight, but... oh well

Also I wanted to say, that I'm not a fan of big changes on circuits, I still want to keep the flow of it. The only big change I made was on Misano. It's the next track, which i'll post
Old 2 Oct 2007, 18:28 (Ref:2029199)   #13
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan
Then promptly remove the esses technical section to be replaced by a couple of near 90 degree corners and a straight ????
90 degree? they're sweepers mate.

half, three quarter maybe even full throttle. i'm a speed merchant! i hate 'technical' sections.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 15:45 (Ref:2030992)   #14
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Quote:
Originally Posted by #FFF#
Yeah, that's a great edit! I love the new last section. You made it that hard, I usually wanted to do
The only change I don't like are the two corners in the right top of the circuit.
Well the way you had it it was a bit too stop-start for my liking, ditto the hairpin (too tight IMO), so I tried a Rivazza-esque corner, but with varied "sharpness" in the 2 apexes