Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 Feb 2014, 09:13 (Ref:3371931)   #276
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lesser-known viewing spots

There are often makeshift seats suspended from the grandstand girders - the ACO seems happy to put up with them - they don't usually get in the way of anyone....
Old 25 Feb 2014, 09:14 (Ref:3371932)   #277
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
When I first started attending Le Mans we used to watch from the start finish line and there were always hundreds of people rigging up seats on ropes under the grandstands, not sure if they are still allowed
Old 28 Feb 2014, 22:29 (Ref:3373372)   #278
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know how far you can walk beyond the porsche curves? On maps I can see the banking extends until the start of the curves on the inside. Here
Old 28 Feb 2014, 22:45 (Ref:3373379)   #279
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
Does anyone know how far you can walk beyond the porsche curves? On maps I can see the banking extends until the start of the curves on the inside. Here
Look around page 9-10 in this thread .
I've asked the same question, and might do the walk this year.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 15:33 (Ref:3373658)   #280
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Look around page 9-10 in this thread .
I've asked the same question, and might do the walk this year.
Ah nice one. Might take a fold in bike this year, should make going to those hard/long walks a little bit more manageable.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 15:42 (Ref:3373662)   #281
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
Ah nice one. Might take a fold in bike this year, should make going to those hard/long walks a little bit more manageable.
Excellent idea!
Old 5 Mar 2014, 23:07 (Ref:3375546)   #282
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I had a good, long, HARD look around there. Security is VERY tight where the inner bank meets the fence for that house.
I did try to find a way out the back of the campsite.
I failed. Good luck!
Old 9 Jun 2014, 19:11 (Ref:3417751)   #283
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
well, it seems you can have a "legal" access to Mulsanne straight
the KFC restaurant gives access to it's first floor view of the track (if you eat there of course)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

source
Old 9 Jun 2014, 19:32 (Ref:3417770)   #284
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
First good reason to eat there
Old 9 Jun 2014, 20:20 (Ref:3417794)   #285
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b View Post
well, it seems you can have a "legal" access to Mulsanne straight
the KFC restaurant gives access to it's first floor view of the track (if you eat there of course)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

source
FFS couldn't it have been a better restaurant than unlucky fried kitten?
Old 10 Jun 2014, 00:13 (Ref:3417905)   #286
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Free handwipes and ketchup, Dude. Think positive!
Old 10 Jun 2014, 09:54 (Ref:3418042)   #287
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But that is about it, isn't it? And I don't like ketchup........
Old 18 Jun 2014, 18:18 (Ref:3423516)   #288
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
I went down to the entrance of the Porsche Curves and found a pretty good spot to get photos of the cars coming down towards Porsche Curves from Arnage.
I marked it on my map, and will post a couple of photos from there when I find the time
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...Y.kP4YaI9BXO2M
Old 18 Jun 2014, 22:39 (Ref:3423620)   #289
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Found a good spot to have a bite to eat and watch the cars go down the Mulsanne straight. There is a new Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) and Italian restaurant at the first round about south of tete rouge. They have a second floor (outside and inside). Was surprised at how few people were eating there.
Old 19 Jun 2014, 06:26 (Ref:3423660)   #290
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We were discussing the new KFC building having spotted it on our trip to Decathlon, and we wondering if the fancy metal cladding was to restrict the view of the track.
Old 19 Jun 2014, 08:02 (Ref:3423673)   #291
jee
Rookie

Denmark
jee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The deck was private only and guarded by security, you could only stay inside the building on first floor behind glass.
Old 19 Jun 2014, 09:41 (Ref:3423707)   #292
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must not have been a private party when we were there (twice) Had access to the second floor - both inside and out. The outside is a bit obstructed due to the metal cladding - but still a great place to watch.
Old 19 Jun 2014, 09:47 (Ref:3423710)   #293
jee
Rookie

Denmark
jee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been there for second qualifying, bad timing then.