Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Jun 2012, 09:44 (Ref:3087381)   #51
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It sounds like waiting patiently for a spot hanging on the fence at the Restaurant des 24 Heures a few years back......
I just have to make sure that I had enough Mergez sausages the evening before, will get me lots of space when needed....
Old 8 Jun 2012, 10:23 (Ref:3087406)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, a bit like the Chicken Madras I had last night......
Old 8 Jun 2012, 11:24 (Ref:3087459)   #53
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Aaarrrghh! This is killing me. Not going to the 24 this year. Doing the Classic with my old man. I think I should stop reading these threads for the sake of my mental health.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 11:30 (Ref:3087465)   #54
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yeah, a bit like the Chicken Madras I had last night......
exactly, always works well at popconcerts so should work here as well!
Old 8 Jun 2012, 12:48 (Ref:3087523)   #55
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Matveev View Post
Approaching Dunlop bridge. There was a way to get to the first line of the fencing, although I was probably not supposed to be there:
You could still access that spot on Test day.
This is from the same place -ish, shot on Sunday

Old 8 Jun 2012, 13:40 (Ref:3087538)   #56
Alexander Matveev
Rookie

Russian Federation
Moscow
Alexander Matveev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
You could still access that spot on Test day.
This is from the same place -ish, shot on Sunday
Great news! Hope they won't close that 'loophole' by the actual week.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 13:46 (Ref:3087540)   #57
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
It is easy to find, just get in the line and wait till it is your turn....
Old 8 Jun 2012, 19:14 (Ref:3087659)   #58
FKWD2
Rookie

FKWD2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFKWD2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another good spot this year promises to be the Audi fan lounge just above the pits....
Old 8 Jun 2012, 19:17 (Ref:3087661)   #59
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKWD2 View Post
Another good spot this year promises to be the Audi fan lounge just above the pits....
open for guests only most probably?
Old 8 Jun 2012, 19:52 (Ref:3087676)   #60
FKWD2
Rookie

FKWD2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFKWD2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
open for guests only most probably?
No, actually it will be guided visits (see: necessity for special accreditations to enter - and the necessity to have them returned after the visit) from the Audi Fan Area in the village. It will not be advertised too much and as it is a bit of an exclusive area for the ACO, the staff at the counter wil reserve the right to hand out an invitation or not depending on how crowded it is in there.

Actually we were planning to offer watching the first quali sessions on Wed and Thursday from there to Forum members, should anyone be interested....?
Old 8 Jun 2012, 20:33 (Ref:3087691)   #61
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
No, actually it will be guided visits (see: necessity for special accreditations to enter - and the necessity to have them returned after the visit) from the Audi Fan Area in the village. It will not be advertised too much and as it is a bit of an exclusive area for the ACO, the staff at the counter wil reserve the right to hand out an invitation or not depending on how crowded it is in there.

Actually we were planning to offer watching the first quali sessions on Wed and Thursday from there to Forum members, should anyone be interested....?
WOW!!
Yes please, if that's possible Florian - glad my Test Day photo above is of the number 4 car
Old 8 Jun 2012, 20:42 (Ref:3087697)   #62
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I suspect you're just about to get your arm taken off Florian...
Old 8 Jun 2012, 21:35 (Ref:3087733)   #63
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
I suspect you're just about to get your arm taken off Florian...
I suspect you're right!

What an incredible invitation......you are full of surprises Florian. A huge thank you, on behalf of 10Tenths, to you and Audi!
Old 8 Jun 2012, 21:40 (Ref:3087737)   #64
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's fair to say I'd be interested Florian!
Old 8 Jun 2012, 21:49 (Ref:3087739)   #65
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Florian? Who's Grandma do I have to offer as the ticket price???
Is there ANY way to get one's name down for the queue???
Thanks, from someone re-watching Truth in 24 from the visit to you guys last year...
Old 8 Jun 2012, 22:03 (Ref:3087744)   #66
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Id be very interested in the Thursday Quali session!

An Amazing offer!, truly!

Actually amazing how many good offers there is this year!
Old 8 Jun 2012, 22:03 (Ref:3087745)   #67
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Aaarrrghh! This is killing me. Not going to the 24 this year. Doing the Classic with my old man. I think I should stop reading these threads for the sake of my mental health.
Don't panic. Use all this info for The Classic. I certainly will be!
Old 9 Jun 2012, 05:46 (Ref:3087827)   #68
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Approaching Dunlop bridge. There was a way to get to the first line of the fencing, although I was probably not supposed to be there:
well, for the test day, there were "controleurs" getting people out of this "in between fencing" area
Old 9 Jun 2012, 06:11 (Ref:3087830)   #69
Alexander Matveev
Rookie

Russian Federation
Moscow
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b View Post
well, for the test day, there were "controleurs" getting people out of this "in between fencing" area
I think they have been there in 2010 also, but not all the time.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 06:22 (Ref:3087832)   #70
Alexander Matveev
Rookie

Russian Federation
Moscow
Can I, by any chance, be considered a forum member? It's probably a once-in-a-life opportunity to be there.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 06:22 (Ref:3087833)   #71
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Last year was possible to make pictures there, but maybe after last years McNish accident they will be extra alert.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 06:27 (Ref:3087835)   #72
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Quote:

I think all the ten tenthers who will be at LeMans will be interested.
What a great offer from Audi (again!!!)
Old 9 Jun 2012, 06:28 (Ref:3087836)   #73
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I think they have been there in 2010 also, but not all the time.
not all the time, that's right; I did get there for about 1 hour before beeing invited to step out
Old 9 Jun 2012, 06:36 (Ref:3087837)   #74
Alexander Matveev
Rookie

Russian Federation
Moscow
McNish had his moment a bit further, though, on the braking, I don't think that exact spot near the bridge is dangerous.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 07:36 (Ref:3087848)   #75
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b View Post
not all the time, that's right; I did get there for about 1 hour before beeing invited to step out
I think you were there before lunch on Sunday, Bernard.
I was there for an hour in the afternoon and saw no controllers.

No betting on chances next weekend!