Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Nov 2012, 21:58 (Ref:3169999)   #1
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Addicted, How Many of You?

Hi All,
Since last June, I think I've visited the forum every day!!! I'm adicted to LM 24 and everything you guys write. Should I worry or go to rehab..... Hope I'm not the only one. How many of you guys visit so often or am I just a little crazy with nothing else to do in my spare free time!!!!!!??
Old 23 Nov 2012, 07:37 (Ref:3170113)   #2
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Everybody reluctant to answer???

Wouldn't say I come here every day, but 5 out 7 is the minimum I guess.
So yes, you could say I'm addicted!
But then, I should also be addicted to several other sites of the ones I visit on a regular basis.
Old 23 Nov 2012, 07:55 (Ref:3170117)   #3
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Addicted to the site? Not quite. Like Vincegail, I'm here perhaps five days out of seven on average.

As to the race: 2013 will be my 28th LM - preparations are already underway. I have memories going back to the Fifties and Sixties of being glued to the BBC Light Programme waiting for race updates in the Sports News, and of finding an excuse to travel through Le Mans whilst on holiday in France in the Seventies.

There are probably many other visitors to this site who can demonstrate a greater involvement.

Addicted? No, of course not........!
Old 23 Nov 2012, 08:01 (Ref:3170118)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
well now addicted is a little strong, but yes visit most days now that I am no longer at work but until the bank blocked access I was in this site everyday and actually had the site up in the background all the time, now days i do leave the site at times, as for le mans the race after almost 30 years I could give it up at any time but as I have already got my 2013 tickets it would be a waste and 2014 will be my 30 aniversary and 2015 will be, OK I could give it I just don't want to
Old 23 Nov 2012, 09:18 (Ref:3170145)   #5
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Everyday junkie .
Old 23 Nov 2012, 10:02 (Ref:3170157)   #6
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I do spend an inordinate amount of time on the forum. I'm watching old YouTube clips of past races on a near-daily basis. Got an R18 and a C9 up on the walls in my apartment. Would be intersting to hear from the veterans how old they were when they first went. I do regret now not getting out there as soon as I could drive.
Old 23 Nov 2012, 10:05 (Ref:3170158)   #7
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I do spend an inordinate amount of time on the forum. I'm watching old YouTube clips of past races on a near-daily basis. Got an R18 and a C9 up on the walls in my apartment. Would be intersting to hear from the veterans how old they were when they first went. I do regret now not getting out there as soon as I could drive.
Not that I consider myself a veteran, but slowly getting there:
I was 20 in 1996 and came by train. Never again! (the train part that is!)
Old 23 Nov 2012, 12:03 (Ref:3170186)   #8
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
First conscious memory of the race: 7
First visit to LM 25
First visit to race 37
Next visit to race 65
Old 23 Nov 2012, 14:48 (Ref:3170253)   #9
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I would call myself addicted for one of a better word.

I check this forum (the sportscar and gt subforum including this the lemans forum) everyday sometimes two or three times a day. This is where I can discuss and enjoy le mans and sportscar racing with like minded enthusiasts as none of my family or friends share my passion and interest in this.
Old 23 Nov 2012, 16:37 (Ref:3170274)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Addicted? You could say that. To this forum for most days in the last 11+ years. I come in here at least 4-5 times most days (thanks now to Tapatalk!). To Le Mans since I first set foot on that hallowed ground in 1986......
Old 23 Nov 2012, 18:06 (Ref:3170297)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
First trip in 1985 aged 25, only missed 2 since and done a fair few classic le mans as well, first year on a coach and camped ever since, been on the forum for almost seven years now visit most days
Old 23 Nov 2012, 20:29 (Ref:3170334)   #12
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, not difficult for me to be addicted to the 24hours and all aroundc: born in . BUT! I discovered this forum in 2004, I don't remember how .
Each day I read it, nice to read the passion around the event. Thanks to this forum, I could meet lot of fans. Come on. To be continued.
Old 23 Nov 2012, 22:38 (Ref:3170371)   #13
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Addicted? You could say that. To this forum for most days in the last 11+ years. I come in here at least 4-5 times most days (thanks now to Tapatalk!). To Le Mans since I first set foot on that hallowed ground in 1986......
I ecco this.
I'm checking the Forum every single time I'm at my computer and there is a reply to one of my subscribed threads (that's 266 threads now!)
Otherwise Tapatalk when I'm mobile and need to kill time.
To the race itself, Tom K sparked my interest like a lot of other danes, however with the addition of Peugeot in 2007 my interest became so large that i found this glorious forum and have been addicted to the forum and the race ever since, which currently peaked this year with my first visit to Le Mans, and meeting a lot of other Ten-Tenthers who'd made my Le Mans so good, that I now fear I will never be able to top it

H*ll, I'm so addicted that the constant influence from Ten-Tenths, made me sure that i need a career in the Car business.
Old 23 Nov 2012, 23:30 (Ref:3170377)   #14
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Addict? Yeah, probably. I log in pretty much daily, and in terms of obsessing about it as a sport that's a given.

Like Simmi, there's a lot of watching of old footage, and when my elderly white cat isn't monopolising my lap, then flicking through Time and Two Seats and associated photo volumes occupies a lot of evenings.

In terms of how long I've been captivated, it's been 30 years since I 'discovered' it - all driven initially by Grand Prix International's Le Mans special in 1982, where the F1 obsessed 10 year old I was saw that there was something involving a much longer track with cars that really looked incredible (late model 935s, the 956, Rondeaus, and perhaps most of all, the CK-5).

It then took a lot of time before I went to the race itself (a long story), and there have been fits and starts to my watching, but since 2007, when I went for the first time, it's become something a lot more compelling, for a whole array of reasons.

As addictions go I guess it's one of the less harmful ones.
Old 24 Nov 2012, 08:25 (Ref:3170456)   #15
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I suspect I've gone beyond addiction, it's more a lifestyle.
Old 24 Nov 2012, 13:53 (Ref:3170553)   #16
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"If your year goes from June to June..."
(Thanks, RLM!)
keke
Old 25 Nov 2012, 02:23 (Ref:3170753)   #17
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'm not addicted, on the grounds that tenths is just a part of life. going on tenths for me is like someone sitting down to watch the news or coronation street. it just happens

but le mans could get to be a bit of a dirty secret. i can live without it, but it's a really unique event that sort of worms its way into your life without you really realising it. much like some very attractive people, if you look at its individual features in isolation it's really nothing special but as a whole it really is something spectacular. plus it's not quite so much of two sided thing as most other racing is - there's not really one side of the fence or another. really we're all on the same side, we just do different things whilst it's happening
Old 25 Nov 2012, 04:48 (Ref:3170761)   #18
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Is Life
Old 25 Nov 2012, 21:47 (Ref:3171356)   #19
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So happy I'm in good company.
Old 26 Nov 2012, 02:01 (Ref:3171476)   #20
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
So happy I'm in good company.
So yes, there's this little part of obsessive addictionlike behaviour found in all us tenthers. I've long given in to it. It's like Racerkeke put's it so finely "If your year goes from June to June..."
Visiting the forum has it's on and off's. For me, the intensity of visiting rises the closer we come to the race and directly after. Lowest visit rate is 'round once a week to highest a couple of times daily the closer we get. I must say, having been a new dad takes a lot of time away from my PC...

I've had my interest arroused since I saw a very brief airing in the dutch television news of Jan Lammers' victory with Jaguar in '88. It lasted for just a couple of seconds, but the sight of this squat UFO on wheels blasting thrue the Dunlop chicane, underneath the bridge, was enough to get me wanting to know more of that great track and it's awesome cars.
Ever since then I watched the race every year and it finally took me to France in '96.
Since then, I never doughted going there and it's been my mission to bring others to whitness this greatest of races. I must've brought over 300 peeps to the place... (of which only one found it 'a bit boring'....)

Last edited by GTfour; 26 Nov 2012 at 02:07.
Old 26 Nov 2012, 06:56 (Ref:3171540)   #21
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
I must've brought over 300 peeps to the place...
Are you some kind of tour-operator???
Old 26 Nov 2012, 06:57 (Ref:3171541)   #22
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
(of which only one found it 'a bit boring'....)

So 299 out of 300 found it not 'a bit boring'? Nice hitrate!
Old 26 Nov 2012, 12:38 (Ref:3171680)   #23
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have done 8 Le Mans now, but I have not been able to make it since 2009, however I will be back in 2014, the wife has given permission, but it looks like I will have the father-in-law in tow.....

As for this Website as Ayse it's been part of my life for the last 10 or 11 year now, I don't post as much as I used to do but I do have a look to see what is going on pretty much everyday.
Old 26 Nov 2012, 23:41 (Ref:3171942)   #24
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Are you some kind of tour-operator???
LOL, well, you could sort a say that. I'm usually the one organising the tickets, picking the campsite, delegating who brings jenny's, BBQ's, flagpoles, gazebo's,etc. Mind you, there's no money making involved...
Old 10 Feb 2013, 21:08 (Ref:3202552)   #25
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Just found out today I can't stand tekst to be dark (unread) bleu. Had a lot of reading to do after not visiting for 1 day. Keep up the good work tenthers.