Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Feb 2014, 21:59 (Ref:3368137)   #26
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Would have preferred something red and more like old logo v2.0 instead of completely new design.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 22:01 (Ref:3368139)   #27
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblanshard View Post
I'm going to say there's some FIA influence....looks like a version of the F1 logo.

Probably merely a coincidence.

Instead I suspect they wanted something similar to the WEC logo (colors, soft lines):

Old 13 Feb 2014, 22:04 (Ref:3368141)   #28
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Like a few have said it could have been a lot worse.

No strong feelings towards it either way. Got to move with the times I suppose.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 22:38 (Ref:3368173)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Much prefer the original - but the new one is OK.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 22:54 (Ref:3368198)   #30
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Love it
new, modern and 'green' ???!!!!
Old 14 Feb 2014, 04:22 (Ref:3368303)   #31
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's European :P
Old 14 Feb 2014, 04:38 (Ref:3368306)   #32
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I quite like it... prefer it to the old one, actually. Then again, I've only been to Le Mans once and watched it for the first time in 2007, whereas some of you guys have been watching it since the 80s. BUT... it will be mega any way.
Old 14 Feb 2014, 05:37 (Ref:3368317)   #33
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like tradition more than new change,but the new one is good too.nice and compact,just wish there was a bit of red in there to keep the French connection.
Old 14 Feb 2014, 05:55 (Ref:3368318)   #34
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It certainly gets the thumbs up from me...love it!
Old 14 Feb 2014, 06:03 (Ref:3368319)   #35
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
It quite reminds me of the FIA WEC logo actually. It really fits... now all that needs to happen is ELMS update their logo. How old is that one now?
Old 14 Feb 2014, 06:37 (Ref:3368333)   #36
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
maybe!
to change the name of the Sub-Forum ???
Old 14 Feb 2014, 15:47 (Ref:3368472)   #37
Stahler
Rookie

Stahler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Meh.
Looks bland, just like the WEC logo which reminds me of some ecological organization, not a racing car series.
It just lacks the 'motorsport' vibe.

But I think that's how it is these days - less motorsport, more green politics. Have to deal with it...
Old 14 Feb 2014, 19:18 (Ref:3368538)   #38
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
to change the name of the Sub-Forum ???
Agreed, we should take he stance that we are right and the organisers of the race are wrong
Old 15 Feb 2014, 04:25 (Ref:3368642)   #39
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahler View Post
Meh.
Looks bland, just like the WEC logo which reminds me of some ecological organization, not a racing car series.
It just lacks the 'motorsport' vibe.
Toilet paper pack is where I expect to see the WEC logo.
Old 15 Feb 2014, 04:34 (Ref:3368644)   #40
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
to keep the French connection.
Gene Hackman ????
Old 15 Feb 2014, 14:45 (Ref:3368757)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Agreed, we should take he stance that we are right and the organisers of the race are wrong
I've always taken that as read anyway Adam.........
Old 15 Feb 2014, 14:50 (Ref:3368759)   #42
EverOne
Racer

Spain
Madrid
EverOne has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
The 4 is very hard to read. If it was red...
+1
Old 15 Feb 2014, 17:29 (Ref:3368797)   #43
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In far eastern countries (Japan), "4" is supposed to bring bad luck.
Old 16 Feb 2014, 17:24 (Ref:3369097)   #44
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And in red. I once tried to get a Japanese driver to sign something with a red marker. Big no no.
Old 16 Feb 2014, 17:33 (Ref:3369099)   #45
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
The 4 is very hard to read. If it was red...
Or with a blue outline?
Old 16 Feb 2014, 21:07 (Ref:3369160)   #46
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Bit of a shock, didn't realise how much I associated the old logo with Le Mans, (when you think of it, it is of course on the website, posters, publicity etc. - but most the time you don't think of it, you just see it). The new one is quite good, although I must admit I didn't see the 4 to begin with.

I guess I'll get used to it, things need to move forward and need updating, although not all changes are for the best (Dunlop Chicane, new Esses, sodding Mulsanne chicanes etc.)
Old 16 Feb 2014, 22:43 (Ref:3369187)   #47
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
In general I'm not a fan of negatived characters - to my eyes it's asking the viewer to do work, and that's not the sort of assumption you want to make. This looks like a decently executed bit of work, but that people on here, who know what they're looking at, are not universally seeing the 24 isn't a great endorsement.

It's undeniably a more contemporary logo, but there wasn't a lot wrong with the old slanted "24". If was their agency I'd have been inclined to riff around the 24 logo and see what sort of modernisation could be done, the root and branch rebranding here is brave, but not necessarily right. Sometimes a bit of branding creeps up on you and becomes a bit of the environment, and accordingly incredibly powerful, and you mess with it at your peril.

Being a Londoner the fact that the Underground and TFL stick to Harry Beck's schematic design for their route maps and use Johnston as their font is incredibly powerful, and I think most visitors to London would agree. Changing away from that bit of identity is difficult, and I suspect Le Mans is in a similar boat - they're messing with an incredibly well established bit of branding and while you can always shape the opinion of your audience it can be hard and I wonder if this is the best use of resources.

As an upside, I regret not buying one of the Hermes ties with the old logo, hopefully this rebranding means there'll be a new line in museum shop come June.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 08:32 (Ref:3369278)   #48
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
And some old logo stock at sale prices
Old 17 Feb 2014, 11:49 (Ref:3369317)   #49
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
And some old logo stock at sale prices
Ready saving my money.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 18:46 (Ref:3369414)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
As an upside, I regret not buying one of the Hermes ties with the old logo, hopefully this rebranding means there'll be a new line in museum shop come June.
I always wanted one of those myself Ian, but could never persuade my bank manager that it really was an essential part of my uniform.......

I still can't see any reason at all to change the logo.