Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Feb 2014, 20:12 (Ref:3369436)   #51
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
So we might get to see you and Ian fighting for the last Hermes tie in the sale part of the ACO shop come June
Old 17 Feb 2014, 20:33 (Ref:3369443)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
So we might get to see you and Ian fighting for the last Hermes tie in the sale part of the ACO shop come June

Nice idea, but I can't afford one of those Simon, and they'll never be in a sale.....
Old 17 Feb 2014, 22:04 (Ref:3369492)   #53
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Nice idea, but I can't afford one of those Simon, and they'll never be in a sale.....
Well I used to work in the city near a Hermes shop and they had a sale just like everyone else. The ACO will be keen to get rid of old stock just like every retailer it might still be expensive but that just means that the shops will not want to hold onto them and need to get the new stuff in
Old 18 Feb 2014, 07:11 (Ref:3369584)   #54
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thoughts on new logo????

Okay, I'll keep my eyes open then, but I suspect the ACO's sale prices would be twice anyone else's normal retail prices!
Old 18 Feb 2014, 07:26 (Ref:3369588)   #55
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Okay, I'll keep my eyes open then, but I suspect the ACO's sale prices would be twice anyone else's normal retail prices!
Okay.
Old 18 Feb 2014, 09:25 (Ref:3369621)   #56
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well I used to work in the city near a Hermes shop and they had a sale just like everyone else. The ACO will be keen to get rid of old stock just like every retailer it might still be expensive but that just means that the shops will not want to hold onto them and need to get the new stuff in
I suspect that should I be in the ACO shop (the rather nice one in the museum is, I guess, the best bet?) and they have a decent tie they might be pushing at an open door, so long as the price is even remotely sensible.

When you have to wear one every day I like to think the 'cost per wear' can pretty rapidly come down to something justifiable, even if it is the fusion of the ACO and Hermes...
Old 18 Feb 2014, 09:52 (Ref:3369624)   #57
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well if i am with you and they are doing a bogof deal (buy one get one free for non uk people) then I will be happy to take the free one off you Ian
Old 18 Feb 2014, 11:17 (Ref:3369658)   #58
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
When you have to wear one every day I like to think the 'cost per wear' can pretty rapidly come down to something justifiable, even if it is the fusion of the ACO and Hermes...
I love man maths!
Old 18 Feb 2014, 16:53 (Ref:3369781)   #59
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks good on a dark background

Old 18 Feb 2014, 17:11 (Ref:3369787)   #60
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot17 View Post
Looks good on a dark background

How?
Old 18 Feb 2014, 17:15 (Ref:3369788)   #61
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How what?
Old 18 Feb 2014, 17:22 (Ref:3369790)   #62
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot17 View Post
How what?
I'm just asking how it could be looking good in dark background.
Old 18 Feb 2014, 17:28 (Ref:3369792)   #63
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
I'm just asking how it could be looking good in dark background.
Thats a subjective opinion, which not necessarily can be explained.
I don't quite understand what you mean with "how?" either.
Old 18 Feb 2014, 17:40 (Ref:3369799)   #64
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Thats a subjective opinion, which not necessarily can be explained.
I don't quite understand what you mean with "how?" either.
Don't mind about that.
Old 18 Feb 2014, 17:49 (Ref:3369801)   #65
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
Or with a blue outline?
Let's try that
Old 18 Feb 2014, 17:59 (Ref:3369804)   #66
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Great job!
Old 19 Feb 2014, 00:18 (Ref:3369917)   #67
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Just saw it on the dark background, and I LOVE it. I think it's great. WAY better than the WEC one...
But looking forward to a few 'bargains' in June.
Old 19 Feb 2014, 05:31 (Ref:3369960)   #68
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Just saw it on the dark background, and I LOVE it. I think it's great. WAY better than the WEC one...
Ha I bet the french will just add a "historic value and sentimental feeling" bonus on the old price...
Old 19 Feb 2014, 08:48 (Ref:3370000)   #69
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Where?
Old 19 Feb 2014, 09:35 (Ref:3370011)   #70
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i think all the ACO shops and authorised dealers will have plenty of old stock they will be keen to get rid of
Old 19 Feb 2014, 12:14 (Ref:3370057)   #71
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm just asking how it could be looking good in dark background
The way the logo was described to me is that like the race, it goes from light to darkness back to light again.

Received a shirt with the "old logo" from my wife for Valentines day. Now I have an excuse to update the wardrobe with the new logo at the race!
Old 19 Feb 2014, 12:21 (Ref:3370062)   #72
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I suspect that should I be in the ACO shop (the rather nice one in the museum is, I guess, the best bet?) and they have a decent tie they might be pushing at an open door, so long as the price is even remotely sensible
Slightly off topic, but besides the ACO shop, do any of the teams sell merchandise? I was at Imola for the ILMC and was amazed that there was no team merchandise! Being from the States would like to buy some European team hats and shirts.
Old 19 Feb 2014, 15:33 (Ref:3370109)   #73
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake dust View Post
Slightly off topic, but besides the ACO shop, do any of the teams sell merchandise? I was at Imola for the ILMC and was amazed that there was no team merchandise! Being from the States would like to buy some European team hats and shirts.
There are loads of options to buy team gear. Can't miss it really it's between the dunlop bridge and the paddock and behind the grandstands.
Old 19 Feb 2014, 18:04 (Ref:3370144)   #74
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yes most teams and quite a few major sponsors have stands selling evrything you could want and a lot you most certainly not want
Old 20 Feb 2014, 21:11 (Ref:3370508)   #75
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Loads and loads.

But you will need to have your bank manager sanction your purchases beforehand......