Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Jun 2014, 21:05 (Ref:3423585)   #101
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I've no profound objections to the logo, but a radical departure from one which had a vast amount of heritage and recognition isn't something to be treated lightly.

They've lost the shape, lost the colours, and in going for a cutout run the risk of having something that'll end up looking markedly dated.

Look at the evolution of other successful logos and you'll seldom see huge departures, and certainly not without being backed by a massive cohesive supporting campaign, which all due respect to the ACO, hasn't happened with this.

This image (apologies for the somewhat photo, through glass on a camera phone with iffy light) shows how a brand logo can evolve, and arguably should do so.

Old 18 Jun 2014, 21:21 (Ref:3423590)   #102
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
100% right there Ian.
A well known logo is one of the most valuable assets in a company, just see Coca Cola, the Yellow M for McDonalds, Lego and so on.
I actually think that there was a value in the old logo, which should just have been evolved.

With that said, I don't dislike the design of the new logo - it's just not the right thing to do.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 22:15 (Ref:3423606)   #103
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I quite like the new one myself. I didn't really feel the old one WAS a logo as such rather than the name of the race written down a particular way.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 23:37 (Ref:3423628)   #104
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Having seen it all around during last week, it has really grown on me. I might even start to like it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Quite the opposite for me. I hate it. For the first time for years I was looking for a t-shirt for myself this year and I was actively searching out 'old stock' so I could have one with the beautiful old logo. A matter of personal taste, I guess.....
Please don't get me wrong! I prefer the old logo by a country mile. But the new one's appearance starts to improve to me...