Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 May 2014, 08:00 (Ref:3410141)   #51
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It is often said that the british love talking about the weather but i think this thread proves it is not just the british
Old 25 May 2014, 08:33 (Ref:3410153)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Once in a tv show here both an actual meteorologist and a regular person made forecasts for the next week. The regular person made it based on absolutely random things, like just throwing dices and coins. Then after the week they compared which one's forecast got closer and gave points for accuracy... the regular person's "forecast" won.
In that case, as an official 'regular' person. I predict it's gonna be warm and sunny.
Old 25 May 2014, 08:35 (Ref:3410155)   #53
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I will take that please
Old 25 May 2014, 08:35 (Ref:3410156)   #54
Djcomix
Racer

European Union
Le mans
Djcomix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sunny

It's cloudy today but we can see the sun
Old 25 May 2014, 08:36 (Ref:3410158)   #55
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just tell it to have a good rest to build up it's stamina for a couple of weeks time.......
Old 25 May 2014, 08:38 (Ref:3410160)   #56
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
A little rain over the next two weeks in Le Mans will keep the grass green and the ground soft, perfect for camping, then the sun can come out in two weeks time
Old 25 May 2014, 08:42 (Ref:3410163)   #57
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Fair enough.
Old 25 May 2014, 10:35 (Ref:3410218)   #58
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
A little rain over the next two weeks in Le Mans will keep the grass green and the ground soft, perfect for camping, then the sun can come out in two weeks time
So, that means rain for the Sunday practice.
Old 25 May 2014, 11:49 (Ref:3410234)   #59
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well ok perhaps dry on the sunday then
Old 25 May 2014, 15:13 (Ref:3410369)   #60
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
No Rain for the Test Day please
Old 25 May 2014, 15:25 (Ref:3410372)   #61
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Never give up hope. But a little shower doesn't hurt if the temperature is warm enough.
Old 25 May 2014, 15:47 (Ref:3410386)   #62
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Temp. In the middle twenties would be just fine thank you...
Old 25 May 2014, 16:01 (Ref:3410396)   #63
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I must be the only one who's least favourite season is summer... everything above twenty celcius is agony. Even rain is better than sweltering heat...

(Snowy) winter is the real joy.
Old 25 May 2014, 16:39 (Ref:3410415)   #64
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I must be the only one who's least favourite season is summer... everything above twenty celcius is agony. Even rain is better than sweltering heat...

You are living a VERY dangerous life right now
Old 25 May 2014, 16:42 (Ref:3410418)   #65
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Ok i do not want it to hot but 25 and dry is want i want for the whole week thank you
Old 25 May 2014, 17:04 (Ref:3410424)   #66
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
25 and dry would be perfect for me.
Old 25 May 2014, 17:08 (Ref:3410426)   #67
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not talking of LM but generally:

You can always diminsh the effect of rain with umbrella and/or rain gear, same with proper warm clothing in freezing winter temperatures... however there is no escape from heat, sure you can wear lighter clothes but at some point there comes edge to that... and there isn't always shade around, plus if you need to keep moving it doesn't come into question. Also sunburns... my face especially burns very easily, whether or not there is protection

My ideal seasonal (fantasy) cycle would consist of 8 months of (snowy) winter, 1 month of spring, 1 month of summer, and 2 months of fall
Old 25 May 2014, 17:18 (Ref:3410428)   #68
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Last thing I would want at Le Mans is snow....
Btw, nice avatar you have there chiana!
Old 25 May 2014, 17:24 (Ref:3410433)   #69
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
Quote:

You can always diminsh the effect of rain with umbrella and/or rain gear, same with proper warm clothing in freezing winter temperatures... however there is no escape from heat, sure you can wear lighter clothes but at some point there comes edge to that... and there isn't always shade around, plus if you need to keep moving it doesn't come into question. Also sunburns... my face especially burns very easily, whether or not there is protection

My ideal seasonal (fantasy) cycle would consist of 8 months of (snowy) winter, 1 month of spring, 1 month of summer, and 2 months of fall
You can always protect yourself from extreme conditions. But handling camera equipment, mobile phones etc. is not so much fun in rainy conditions.
Old 25 May 2014, 17:26 (Ref:3410434)   #70
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Last thing I would want at Le Mans is snow....
Btw, nice avatar you have there chiana!
Well yes nobody would want that (other than for giggles) but I was just chitchatting generally just saying that if I had to choose between say 25-35 degree sunny day or 5-10 degree rainy day, I'd choose the damper option... something like 10-20 is ideal for my summer

And yes wanted to have some Rebellion spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
But handling camera equipment, mobile phones etc. is not so much fun in rainy conditions.
Then again trying to look at those LCD screens etc is a bit itchy in bright sunny conditions too and sweaty hands touching them is as annoying in the wet...

But these are all nitpicks
Old 25 May 2014, 17:26 (Ref:3410435)   #71
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
I'm watching the Indy 500 right now, the weather over there would be just fine, looking at those people on the infield without t-shirts on in the sun.
Old 25 May 2014, 20:40 (Ref:3410549)   #72
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:

I always knew you were a little bit....... umm, unique!

But that avatar is really very nice
Old 25 May 2014, 22:21 (Ref:3410600)   #73
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:

No, I'm with you on that.

Colder weather far easier to handle than heat, and if I was given a choice between a sweltering Le Mans and a cold rainy one I'd go for the latter every time.

When we had the warm one in 2009 (and okay, I'll confess I didn't drink enough water and spent way too much time in T34 in the sun) I ended up really suffering in the late evening - not something I think I really want to revisit.
Old 27 May 2014, 05:06 (Ref:3411145)   #74
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Ok with me:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/fr/le-...onyr=6/01/2014
Old 27 May 2014, 06:28 (Ref:3411160)   #75
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkorsager View Post
Unfortunately, I think Accuweather should be renamed Inaccuweather! My rule of thumb is that the actual weather will be the opposite of what shows up of the first Accuweather extended forecast!