Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Jun 2014, 10:52 (Ref:3423366)   #176
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was wearing two pullovers and a thick jacket.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 11:48 (Ref:3423380)   #177
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
I think consensus is it was cold. By about 0230 I was very pleased to clamber under bedding and watch tent billow about in the wind - yes namby pamby in not being completely-nails-and-watch-every-minute, but comfortable and welcome at the time.
yeahh that's what we did too, and scored a cheeky nap or two as well. the wind was seriously parky this year. we ended up wearing pretty much everything we had and dragged ourselves out for sunrise.

i'm a bit gutted i didn't get to see more night running as a result, but the wind was just going to turn you into an iceblock. especially those of us blessed with rubbish circulation who have the heater on in the office in june
Old 18 Jun 2014, 11:56 (Ref:3423388)   #178
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you were out of the wind, it was OK.

At midnight I was in a t-shirt and hoodie on the start/finish straight and it was bitterly cold! The wind was freezing, blowing down from Dunlop.

Then went back to the tent, put on thick socks, walking boots, three upper body layers and a beanie hat and it was still cold! Had to sit in my sleeping bag on my camping chair.

The dawn sun brought welcome relief.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 14:16 (Ref:3423440)   #179
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
......especially those of us blessed with rubbish circulation who have the heater on in the office in june
I have a bloody office full of those - I fry as they won't open the windows or have the aircon on. And frying generally means migraine...... I'd have a window open all year round, personally - we do at home. (And yet I was still perishingly cold at Le Mans overnight during the race!).
Old 19 Jun 2014, 12:36 (Ref:3423780)   #180
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The wind was cold, and it was bitterly cold around 5 but out of that it was OK and it was nowhere near as cold as '11.

Maybe I just finally worked out my best strategy to stay unfrozen this year.
Old 19 Jun 2014, 12:43 (Ref:3423784)   #181
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I had to go to sleep in the tent between 2 and 7am just to warm myself up, got really windbeaten in the ferris wheel and in the grandstand.

Conclusions from an examination of myself now after returning home: I have a nasty cold... and a bit of sunburn on the arms. Damn weather can't make up its mind.