Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Oct 2010, 19:46 (Ref:2769386)   #126
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
My understanding is that the Ferrari's pace on inters both when the Porsche was still on wets and again when it was on inters was sufficient to both hunt the latter down and pass it. Sounds like the Porsche got balked a bit coming in for its final stop, but by then Gaw had the pace in hand over Nykjaer to bring it home. I think that the Ferrari may also have had a quicker final stop to help build its lead? DSC mentions they only took on 25L of fuel at the final stop, but there is not a mention of how much JA took on.
JA took on 50L I believe.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 20:29 (Ref:2769406)   #127
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If JA's stop was under the safety car, they are only allowed to take on 25L.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 21:25 (Ref:2769446)   #128
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My understanding is that the final round of pitstops for the two leaders was made under green.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 21:32 (Ref:2769451)   #129
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
My understanding is that the final round of pitstops for the two leaders was made under green.
yes they were, it was approx 4 laps difference with the Ferrari coming in first.
i was at Luffield/Pit lane Entrance
Old 4 Oct 2010, 21:58 (Ref:2769462)   #130
neilwilson
Rookie

neilwilson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Jet Alliance got held at at the pit exit red light on their last but one stop while waiting for the safety car train to come around, and they lost the lead or at least ended up on the same lap at that point ?
Old 4 Oct 2010, 22:06 (Ref:2769465)   #131
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the main reasons they lost it was because the Ferrari was flying during that last hour. But it was a great end to the race.

Also on another note, anyone who paid £6 for a parking pass. Ring up and get your money back, thats what we did today!
Old 4 Oct 2010, 22:17 (Ref:2769472)   #132
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt View Post
If JA's stop was under the safety car, they are only allowed to take on 25L.
Quote:
i remember now the SC was whilst i was off duty at about 1, the timings of the whole 24hrs are a blur now, im too tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilwilson View Post
I thought Jet Alliance got held at at the pit exit red light on their last but one stop while waiting for the safety car train to come around, and they lost the lead or at least ended up on the same lap at that point ?
i believe they lost the lead, due to the rule about the pit exit being shut apart from a solitary release at the end of the safety car train. cant say for sure cause i was only listening to the commentary att and earlier on the rule was being used
Old 5 Oct 2010, 09:50 (Ref:2769652)   #133
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
Anyone know what the entry fee was for the race ?
Old 5 Oct 2010, 12:12 (Ref:2769728)   #134
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Where might I be able to buy a programme of this year's race? Didn't buy one during the weekend, but would like one as a memento.
Old 5 Oct 2010, 12:17 (Ref:2769731)   #135
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
Where might I be able to buy a programme of this year's race? Didn't buy one during the weekend, but would like one as a memento.
No idea, i was going to get one but at £10........i dont think so!
Old 5 Oct 2010, 12:20 (Ref:2769733)   #136
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
You have PM.
Old 5 Oct 2010, 16:40 (Ref:2769853)   #137
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The lead was lost due to Nykjaer being around 2-4 secs a lap slower than John Gaw. When MJC stopped well before JA for the final stops Gaw made most of his Inters and the fact they had played JA's bluff on fuel meant they were able to pull away in the final hour.
Old 5 Oct 2010, 16:44 (Ref:2769855)   #138
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
BTW does anyone know why Intersport retired? I think they had made it into the top 4 at the time, then I saw the car come into the pits during the foggy safety car period around 5:30 on the back of a flatbead.
Old 5 Oct 2010, 16:53 (Ref:2769861)   #139
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart thompson View Post
BTW does anyone know why Intersport retired? I think they had made it into the top 4 at the time, then I saw the car come into the pits during the foggy safety car period around 5:30 on the back of a flatbead.
It was one of the many visitors to the Vale gravel trap! Ended up with front wheel hanging off & front splitter virtually detached. Think he may have hit something earlier in the lap.
Old 5 Oct 2010, 16:58 (Ref:2769866)   #140
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
Cheers for the info. They never seem to have any luck during the 24hrs, they always get into good positions for something to go wrong.
Old 5 Oct 2010, 22:41 (Ref:2770022)   #141
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Humphrey View Post
It was one of the many visitors to the Vale gravel trap! Ended up with front wheel hanging off & front splitter virtually detached. Think he may have hit something earlier in the lap.
If that's the one I'm thinking of, he got it wrong past us at Maggotts, couldn't recover through Becketts and clobbered the wall down there. Got himself out and going again but had fatally wounded things that gave up the ghost under braking at Vale.
Old 6 Oct 2010, 12:09 (Ref:2770255)   #142
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just want to quickly post a congrats to the Britcar team. Have just got an email from the MSA stating that the Britcar team will be running the "Britcar British Endurance Championship" next year.

8 rounds of three hours or more, with the 24-hour race being one of those 8 - sounds brill!!
Old 6 Oct 2010, 14:20 (Ref:2770342)   #143
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
Just want to quickly post a congrats to the Britcar team. Have just got an email from the MSA stating that the Britcar team will be running the "Britcar British Endurance Championship" next year.

8 rounds of three hours or more, with the 24-hour race being one of those 8 - sounds brill!!

Thats sounds good
Old 6 Oct 2010, 14:36 (Ref:2770350)   #144
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Any idea if they will still separate the GT from the touring cars during the regular rounds? That made for small fields in both classes this year...
Old 6 Oct 2010, 15:04 (Ref:2770356)   #145
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Any idea if they will still separate the GT from the touring cars during the regular rounds? That made for small fields in both classes this year...
I guess the answer is wait and see. The email did focus on the fact that they had been recognised by the MSA and that final details are still to be ratified - I guess the class split is one of those final details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Email
Cars will come from GT2, GT3 and GT4 categories and must feature at least 2 drivers during each race. Full regs to be finalised and ratified by MSA, but organisers have proposed the Silverstone 24-hour race will be one of the rounds
Old 6 Oct 2010, 20:24 (Ref:2770526)   #146
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
I guess the answer is wait and see. The email did focus on the fact that they had been recognised by the MSA and that final details are still to be ratified - I guess the class split is one of those final details.
Just seen the DSC article, and I'm worried.

Is this Britcar becoming a series running just GT2/3/4 regs? I do hope they still have room for the cars currently racing which don't conform to those regs. Otherwise it'll be just another GT3 series with ever-decreasing grid sizes.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 10:20 (Ref:2770778)   #147
Britcar David
Rookie

Britcar David should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The classes and regulations will be very similar to this season. The reference to the GT2, GT3 and GT4 cars is that the classes will be for cars of those relative speeds and performance. Classes will still be based on a power to weight ratio and will allow all manner of non homologated GT cars into the field as we currently do. David
Old 7 Oct 2010, 10:32 (Ref:2770783)   #148
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
PM me - I have one that you can have - just send me your address. I am afraid it is a little dogeared as we were marshalling at Vale and it was pretty damp LOL

(Sorry just spotted that someone has already PM'd you - so edited this one)

Last edited by Terrible-Tones; 7 Oct 2010 at 10:34. Reason: Just seen previous post
Old 7 Oct 2010, 10:40 (Ref:2770787)   #149
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
A special mention to all the marshals who stood out in all that weather and especially the crew down at Vale who were kept busy rescuing beached cars all night.
Perhaps we should have charged £6 for parking - we would have made a fortune at Vale

Were you the really dedicated guys set up at the top of the bank at Vale? If so thanks for the offer of "refreshment" when I came up to say Hi in the middle of the night. The offer was appreciated very much but being on duty meant I couldn't take it. However Cheers for the thought.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 12:31 (Ref:2770825)   #150
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible-Tones View Post
PM me - I have one that you can have - just send me your address. I am afraid it is a little dogeared as we were marshalling at Vale and it was pretty damp LOL

(Sorry just spotted that someone has already PM'd you - so edited this one)
Cheers for the offer, but I've now been sorted out with one. Perhaps if anyone else is looking, they can contact you?