Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 27 Apr 2018, 18:34 (Ref:3817773)   #1
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NASCAR buy out ARCA

this happened-
is this pretty big- not competition crushing but the "ladder" system the NASCAR unofficially has been chopped by ths move or it becomes the xfinity part two.

i think this is about pooling resources and commonizing some things.
with NASCRA 'struggles' staying as the big dog in stock car racing, i bet like the squashing of the former ASA, this is a move to consolidate some of the series, and maintain that only one is the top of the heap and all things point to NASCAR.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...ration-racers/

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cu...eries-1030736/
Old 27 Apr 2018, 21:14 (Ref:3817797)   #2
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Mere hours have passed, and already my inbox is hit with a rumor that NASCAR will use ARCA to create the "road racing stock car" series that has over the past couple of years been attached to almost every oval sanctioning body on the planet; USAC, NASCAR, UMP, even WISSOTA at one point!

Needless to say, it's clear these rumors are just somebody out there throwing ideas at the wall to see what sticks. But this time around it got me to thinking...

Could NASCAR maybe want to use ARCA as an experimental series for new ideas to try and improve NASCAR itself? Little things that could have big effects but which they want out of the major eye until they're proven?

It would risk killing off the series if they weren't careful, but with ARCA only being a road course or two away from being more diverse than NASCAR in scheduling there's a lot they could try.

NASCAR is in a decline, and they need to at least stop the bleeding soon or they may be in genuine trouble. But doing a major change to their big three series too quickly could make it worse if they're not well thought out. As the only other stock car series that runs on the big ovals, and being made up of predominantly outdated Cup cars, ARCA is the only series that some reasonable data on the ideas could be extracted from. On top of that, ARCA was on an even sharper decline than NASCAR is, so any interest generated by the changes would be more pronounced, and if the efforts ultimately led to the end of ARCA, NASCAR can at least say they tried to revitalize it before pulling the plug.

I could see NASCAR doing this. Whether they actually do remains to be seen.
Old 27 Apr 2018, 21:25 (Ref:3817798)   #3
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shocked! Never saw this coming. I hope ARCA can retain it's uniqueness, but I doubt it will. Unfortunate.
Old 27 Apr 2018, 22:47 (Ref:3817804)   #4
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
Shocked! Never saw this coming. I hope ARCA can retain it's uniqueness, but I doubt it will. Unfortunate.
Whatever happens, I think ARCA is going to maintain a significant measure of uniqueness. If NASCAR doesn't use ARCA for the thing I've considered above, they probably won't change much of anything, as the past few years have indicated they've started to gather that having all of their series be so similar is going to hurt them in the long run.

One good thing I think will come of this is more consistent coverage. At the very least, they'll be shown on fanschoice.tv, I'm sure.