Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 26 Aug 2015, 10:54 (Ref:3568873)   #1051
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In the 6 hour races, Rebellion could cruise around with half speed saving off parts and still beat Kolles, and they have second bullet in gun, there is nothing to worry about. And even if they were to lose a round somewhere in freak circumstances, it doesn't really matter does it. In fact it would probably make it seem as if they have some to actually content with seriously, which could bring some positive PR out of it perversely. Same as with Audi vs Toyota in post LM period of 2012-2013, that is how I always saw that...

Last edited by Deleted; 26 Aug 2015 at 11:00.
Old 26 Aug 2015, 11:53 (Ref:3568889)   #1052
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In other words, as things currently stand, preparing against Kolles would be like preparing against the top of LMP2 class, you don't need to.

This is more detailed version of my previous preferred game plan:

2015 remaining
* Just "show up" with minimal effort
* They haven't - well at least yet - ditched the second car (#13) for the rest of the season, but I would have
* If you need to allocate money somewhere do it in business side - perhaps in forming that LMP ladder and P2 Morand co-operation of yours

2016 first half
* Moderate groundwork in development, nothing too shabby
* Do 24-30 hour test somewhere like Ricard in order to try maximise reliability for LM

2016 second half
* Immediately ditch the second car (#13) until 2017
* Start pushing development heavily for 2017 because of
A) new LMP1 rules
B) the (theoretical) growth in the privateer side
* Testing testing

Now we are in the are where it could get exciting

Last edited by Deleted; 26 Aug 2015 at 12:11.
Old 26 Aug 2015, 17:30 (Ref:3568960)   #1053
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
In other words, as things currently stand, preparing against Kolles would be like preparing against the top of LMP2 class, you don't need to.

This is more detailed version of my previous preferred game plan:

2015 remaining
* Just "show up" with minimal effort
* They haven't - well at least yet - ditched the second car (#13) for the rest of the season, but I would have
* If you need to allocate money somewhere do it in business side - perhaps in forming that LMP ladder and P2 Morand co-operation of yours

2016 first half
* Moderate groundwork in development, nothing too shabby
* Do 24-30 hour test somewhere like Ricard in order to try maximise reliability for LM

2016 second half
* Immediately ditch the second car (#13) until 2017
* Start pushing development heavily for 2017 because of
A) new LMP1 rules
B) the (theoretical) growth in the privateer side
* Testing testing

Now we are in the are where it could get exciting
How much money does Kraihamer's sponsor contribute?
Enough to keep the second car going?
And do Abt and Imperatori bring any money to the table?
If so, between the 3 of there could be lots of little reasons to keep the car going, after all lots of little reasons all add up
Old 26 Aug 2015, 17:58 (Ref:3568967)   #1054
Deleted
Veteran

The only thing I do know is that Kraihaimer certainly isnt earning anything.

But wasn't #13 the 'money' / plan B Lola in 2013 as well, yet that was the car they ditched after LM while #12 did full WEC, and PLM

Of course, even #13 is easily capable of beating Kolles and P2s, so if their funding is considerable enough, keep that car instead.

Now obviously, the most likely scenario is still 2x until 2017, and that is fine, but IMO I don't think it makes too much sense in these post LM races, not in present circumstances.

If they were allowed to run in ELMS I'd have both there until 2017, only taking part in LM of WEC. Yes, I'm as insistent on repeating this as certain someone is of Laguna, and split races, and shorter events; ) I feel very passionated about it as unlike with the current American scenario and it's political warfare, this could actually be plausible.

Last edited by Deleted; 26 Aug 2015 at 18:05.
Old 26 Aug 2015, 20:34 (Ref:3569005)   #1055
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
We donno if Kolles has gained time. And we donno if any of them will be reliable. Strange things happen, even if not I hope for a challenge to Rebellion instead of writing anyone off.
Old 26 Aug 2015, 20:57 (Ref:3569014)   #1056
Deleted
Veteran

If Kolles has gained enough time to be even within seconds grasp of Rebellion, that would be the greatest performance gain/comeback story in the history of racing.

I admire Kolles for what they aim to do, and most of all for bravely committing in unpopular class when others hide away in shadows. And I wish they could challenge the Swiss to make the backslot of LMP1 fun again. But I'm realistic and see that they will not, absolutely will not, unless both R-Ones crash or succumb with mechanical failures. Which could happen, once or twice a season, but even then CLM would have to last itself. And LMP2 lead pack would highly likely still be ahead of Kolles, meaning that they weren't even the best of the rest, only earning Kolles the statistical joy of getting the sub trophy 'win' in those theoretical races. Which, according to certain media people doesn't even exist anymore, so that's how well known/appreciated it is...
Old 28 Aug 2015, 20:37 (Ref:3569454)   #1057
Deleted
Veteran

Today seemed 'okay', nothing earth shattering, but tomorrow should be more interesting.

You know if there's one good thing in Porsche reverting back to "boring colors" after LM, at least now you can differiate the #13 easily from everyone else, and not confuse it with #18 from distance. I think these Orecas would still look infinitely better without the "Porsche splashes", like when we saw the May Paul Ricard testing bit photos, but here we are.

Anyway, at the bottom there, World Rallycross is sponsoring Rebellion WEC car??

Old 28 Aug 2015, 20:47 (Ref:3569459)   #1058
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Anyway, at the bottom there, World Rallycross is sponsoring Rebellion WEC car??
Well if this press release is anything to go by, then yes.
Old 28 Aug 2015, 21:00 (Ref:3569465)   #1059
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They should purposely cut across the chicanes and visit a few gravel traps.
Old 28 Aug 2015, 21:01 (Ref:3569466)   #1060
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
They should purposely cut across the chicanes and visit a few gravel traps.
And using the slower F1 chicane once per stint.
Old 28 Aug 2015, 21:01 (Ref:3569467)   #1061
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 28 Aug 2015, 21:14 (Ref:3569473)   #1062
Deleted
Veteran

I would have expected WRX and Dubai 24 Hours to join forces then...
Old 29 Aug 2015, 06:53 (Ref:3569540)   #1063
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Free Practice 2 times:

Fastest LMP1-H: 1:37.862 (#7 Audi Sport Team Joest)
Slowest LMP-1H: 1:40.845 (#1 Toyota Racing)
Rebellion #12: 1:44.105
Rebellion #13: 1:44.943
Bykolles #4: 1:45.035
Fastest LMP2: 1:46.299 (#26 G-Drive Racing)
Slowest LMP2: 1:48.839 (#30 Extreme Speed Motorsports)

#12 Rebellion ahead of Bykolles by less than a second and the #13 Rebellion ahead of Bykolles by less than a tenth…
Old 29 Aug 2015, 09:51 (Ref:3569572)   #1064
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does anyone know what those round stickers on the airbox of the Rebellions refer to?
Old 29 Aug 2015, 13:39 (Ref:3569620)   #1065
Deleted
Veteran

They got in the 42's in Q which was better and further away from CLM. But the 3 second gap to factories is bigger than at the end of last season, which shouldn't really be a surprise for car that hasn't run much of all since then.

Meanwhile as I thought, nothing at all planned for the rest of the season other than showing up. Maybe that involves new parts, maybe not. Beche on DSC:

"-- There are no other test sessions planned with the Rebellion by the end of the season. Hence, we’ll develop the car during race weekends essentially.”
Old 31 Aug 2015, 17:27 (Ref:3570279)   #1066
fefe
Rookie

fefe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Does anyone know what those round stickers on the airbox of the Rebellions refer to?
I have wondered about that too? I'm going to ask the team !
Old 1 Sep 2015, 19:35 (Ref:3570588)   #1067
Deleted
Veteran

Well... that was rather embarrassing race... game of thrones for being the least apalling in class? Rebellion's also been dead silent on their official page and social media apart from some random pictures and retweet.

Not that this should change the approach for "just showing up", I mean nothing's really been lost or anything, but still. Happy sub class podium placers, finishing behind all LMP2s and some GTs in twenty something positions, and still getting trophies and champagne... even I feel embarrassed.

Look at the face of Prost, does he want to be there? Does he want to show that trophy to his dad? Maybe you could sell it in garage sale. Or in years time you just forgot how it came to be and notice it says "2nd place", in "LMP1" rules of competition of all things, that ain't too bad right?

Last edited by Deleted; 1 Sep 2015 at 19:51.
Old 1 Sep 2015, 23:23 (Ref:3570632)   #1068
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I'd be disappointed too if I was second to a car who's wing fell off mid race

That's an interesting photo, you can really tell who brings money and who doesn't. Is there a full podium pic of this momentous occasion, I doubt we'll see the clm on top again but then again I didn't expect it at the Ring....
Old 1 Sep 2015, 23:29 (Ref:3570633)   #1069
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tragic news for Rebellion...

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/0...1965-2015.html
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 2 Sep 2015, 00:07 (Ref:3570639)   #1070
Deleted
Veteran

I can't pretend to have known him but sad regardless, RIP

As for the photo, yes it's quite interesting (and as I said embarrassing at the same time), but what else is there to see, the #13 wasn't eglible for anything due to NC and rest, well there's awkardly smiling Kolles rep, and Michelin Man...

Anyway... here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpkWrm-dGVA

It would still be tolerable if it was just one prize for the winning privateer team as sort of a "good for you" acknowledgment, and this would be presented at the same time as the overall LMP1 winners, but that's about it... no need for separate podiums and big trophies for all and sub championship classifications. You would still be shown as the best privateer on overall classifications when you look at it so it's not like that'd be taken away completely. In fact, it's just what ILMC did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90CjMGolfms
http://i.imgur.com/jW2WzBf.png

Multi car efforts were also encouraged by same team points counting towards single classification rather than two separate, just like in current manufacturers championship. Maybe teams would be more eager to purchase/build if such incentive was there. In 2012 WEC Rebellion probably would have got past Toyota's single entry in overall championship and placed second behind Audi(?). 2013 in same scenario, had they run second car maybe some chance there too with Toyota running single car in two of the 8 events.

Last edited by Deleted; 2 Sep 2015 at 00:29.
Old 2 Sep 2015, 02:16 (Ref:3570652)   #1071
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Ah, who cares if they have seperate podium ceremonies? They should get something, they got this. All that post race crap is boring to me, actually. Theyre handing out trophies, bet the teams would rather cash.
Old 2 Sep 2015, 02:51 (Ref:3570655)   #1072
fefe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
:´( Condoleance to his family and friends. RIP Daimen Lewis

I didn´t know Daimen, may I ask what he worked with in the team.
I´m running a supporter twitter @RebellionRed13 and it feels really bad to not know. :/
Old 2 Sep 2015, 08:07 (Ref:3570686)   #1073
fefe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fefe View Post
:´( Condoleance to his family and friends. RIP Daimen Lewis

I didn´t know Daimen, may I ask what he worked with in the team.
I´m running a supporter twitter @RebellionRed13 and it feels really bad to not know. :/
How do I change or delete posts in here ?
Old 2 Sep 2015, 13:05 (Ref:3570739)   #1074
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
You can't edit post after about a 15-20 minute window without help from a moderator or admin. You also can't delete posts after that time window either without asking one of them for assistance, either.
Old 2 Sep 2015, 14:47 (Ref:3570759)   #1075
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Condolences to Damien Lewis's family, he sounds like a real trooper of motorsport, ever so sad.

can someone please enlighten me why Rebellion had such a tragic race at the nurburgring? .......aparrently both cars didnt even take the start......I have watched the highlights but couldnt get a sniff of what was wrong......I can imagine some of the suppliers are taking a the full punch, bore and reaming over this.