Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Sep 2015, 18:40 (Ref:3570809)   #1076
fefe
Rookie

fefe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
You can't edit post after about a 15-20 minute window without help from a moderator or admin. You also can't delete posts after that time window either without asking one of them for assistance, either.
Ok, thank you for explain how it works in here. Sorry for OT.
Old 2 Sep 2015, 18:45 (Ref:3570811)   #1077
fefe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
Condolences to Damien Lewis's family, he sounds like a real trooper of motorsport, ever so sad.

can someone please enlighten me why Rebellion had such a tragic race at the nurburgring? .......aparrently both cars didnt even take the start......I have watched the highlights but couldnt get a sniff of what was wrong......I can imagine some of the suppliers are taking a the full punch, bore and reaming over this.
Engine problem car #13 and car #12 did xx laps and stopped close to the exit of the pit lane. Nick Heidfeld drove the car. They got both cars back to the garage and could fix car #12 problem, more or less as a test session at that point. Very difficult weekend.
Old 2 Sep 2015, 19:22 (Ref:3570819)   #1078
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah.....im sure rebellion and AER are blame-storming the situation in order to see who they can throw under the bus, such radio silence is ominous.... my bet is an external component supplier like the fuel pump or spark plug supplier, or the actual fuel supplier is a normal favourite, all of which conveniently couldnt care less......anyway im sure they will bounce back, its a strong package looks like they just had a bad day at the office, onwards and upwards.
Old 22 Sep 2015, 13:15 (Ref:3576021)   #1079
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The greatest two prizes imaginable. 2nd place trophy and 3rd place trophy for finishing last of all runners in a race of two retirements. And singleton opposition still not capable of beating LMP2...

If the Nurburgring podium reaction had some priceless faces, I can only imagine COTA's...

Last edited by Deleted; 22 Sep 2015 at 13:20.
Old 22 Sep 2015, 13:18 (Ref:3576026)   #1080
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
The greatest two prizes imaginable. 2nd place trophy and 3rd place trophy for finishing last of all runners in a race of two retirements...

If the Nurburgring podium reaction had some priceless faces, I can only imagine COTA's...
I heard electrical gremlins?.....any other excuses?......seems unique to the Rebellions, as the Kolles car appeared to soldier on, so I'm guessing vehicle electrics rather than engine electrics???...
Old 22 Sep 2015, 13:47 (Ref:3576038)   #1081
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I am not sure what was shown on the world feed, but they seemed jovial on the podium. However they didn't spray champagne as it was said to be out of respect for Damien Lewis. There was also a moment of silence prior to the start of the race for Damien.

Richard
Old 22 Sep 2015, 13:48 (Ref:3576039)   #1082
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
IDK what happened as I couldn't bother to watch the race and as for the team PR they understandably are keeping low profile after such embarrasments

"I won a trophy today son, I mean technically we came last but the way it works is sort of like as if you had an opposite day of sorts, you know"
"That's great dad I won a trophy in our gymnastics competition too, I came first of 277 people"
"Good job Billy, we both succeeded today. You don't feel like borrowing that trophy to me for a day or two, I have some friends coming over you see, you could have mine in the meantime...
Old 22 Sep 2015, 14:47 (Ref:3576064)   #1083
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
they kept changing spark plugs on the car, went through four sets over the course of the race IIRC
Old 22 Sep 2015, 14:52 (Ref:3576067)   #1084
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
I heard electrical gremlins?.....any other excuses?......seems unique to the Rebellions, as the Kolles car appeared to soldier on, so I'm guessing vehicle electrics rather than engine electrics???...
The #13 car went through 3 sets of spark plugs.

The #12 car went through 1 set and a right rear rebuild due to contact.

The contact wasn't shown on the TV coverage but im convinced it was with the #96 Aston because halfway through the penultimate stint the car put in a laptime 20 seconds slower than any other lap it did in that stint for no apparent reason.
Old 22 Sep 2015, 15:40 (Ref:3576085)   #1085
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
see my earlier post where spark plugs would have been blamed.....the reality of the situation was the engine was probably mapped to the edge of detonation and they just went to close.....its an engine supplier issue being blamed on spark plugs......good old blame-storming strikes again.......
Old 22 Sep 2015, 19:06 (Ref:3576151)   #1086
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The greatest two prizes imaginable. 2nd place trophy and 3rd place trophy for finishing last of all runners in a race of two retirements. And singleton opposition still not capable of beating LMP2...

Were you watching the race? The Kolles car had the pace to be in front of all lmp2's, but for some reason they had a couple extended stops.
Old 23 Sep 2015, 21:04 (Ref:3576471)   #1087
Deleted
Veteran

No I didn't watch any of it

But if for any given race one would bet 100 dollars on CLM outfinishing top LMP2, how much would the person be in debt?
Old 2 Oct 2015, 17:40 (Ref:3578882)   #1088
fefe
Rookie

Nick Heidfeld is not on the entry list at fiawec-fuji.com http://fiawec-fuji.com/entry/index_entry15.htm
... any idea if it´s a mistake or have he quit in Rebellion/WEC ?
Old 2 Oct 2015, 23:04 (Ref:3578958)   #1089
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Hes doing formula-e.
Old 2 Oct 2015, 23:26 (Ref:3578960)   #1090
fefe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Hes doing formula-e.
I know, but the first round is 24 Oct. I assume he have ended his WEC career after Lone Star Le Mans. (He said in May in a motorsport.com article he should only do 24h Le Mans and Nürburgring.) We´ll see if Rebellion´s announce a replacer soon ??
Old 5 Oct 2015, 18:38 (Ref:3579786)   #1091
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Nick is due to miss Fuji and Shanghai - Due back at Bahrain
Old 6 Oct 2015, 21:28 (Ref:3580089)   #1092
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been a fan of this team dating back to the Sebah days; I just loved their liveries back then and still do, but boy is it a frustrating experience supporting them! I'm beginning to think they should just pack in LMP1 and go LMP2 racing; it would be good for their collective wellbeing to win meaningful victories in a competitive arena.

Something I've always found frustrating is the niggling reliability problems; they never seem to be able to run two cars fault free. Recall the endless electrical problems in the Lola chassis a couple of years ago? Is there something fundamentally awry with their preparation process which introduces reliability problems? It's disheartening sometimes.
Old 6 Oct 2015, 22:51 (Ref:3580100)   #1093
Deleted
Veteran

They had numerous reliability issues in 2010 with the Lola, but from 2011 to 2013 they were pretty damn stable suffering only few bigger voes. And #13 generally falling to it's feet, but that's the B-car anyway

Now with the new chassis I wish they'd co-op with Oreca a bit more and vice versa

But they are seemingly running half heartedly anyway until they they get more competition. And they sure are missing regional series with overall wins

---
Been over 2 months since we last heard of the potential Rebellion-Morand LMP2 coalition, guess that's still in the planning, or dead. But if they were to contest at Daytona not too much time to think it over. Can't think anything but Oreca 05 making sense theoretical chassis wise

Last edited by Deleted; 6 Oct 2015 at 23:05.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 20:13 (Ref:3581200)   #1094
Deleted
Veteran

#13 faster than #12 in Q, such Rarity. Maybe lack of Nick?

Kolles was seemingly close in FP but in quali again couple seconds adrift

Factory gap still horrifying but is what it is. So far the Oreca AER has top speed in speed trap of all cars which is slight upside
Old 10 Oct 2015, 20:36 (Ref:3581211)   #1095
TF110
Veteran

United States
Kolles's second driver was nowhere close in Qualifying. Thats why the gap to Reb looks so big.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 20:39 (Ref:3581214)   #1096
Deleted
Veteran

Which driver?

Too lazy to check

Recall Klien being awful at Spa in Q though obviously he didn't make cut later. Liuzzi wasn't great either
Old 10 Oct 2015, 20:53 (Ref:3581218)   #1097
TF110
Veteran

United States
Trummer. He did 31's while Kaffer did 29.9's. Maybe the tires dropped but it was over a second difference between the two.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 20:59 (Ref:3581219)   #1098
Deleted
Veteran

Right

I almost was gonna suggest maybe it was traffic but then remembered the GTEs have separate sessions. And there are so few cars on circuit anyway. But still if CLM gets stuck behind LMP2 it's not gonna get past easily because the chassis isn't that great. Cornering is average and the AER isn't producing as much straightline power as Rebellion's
Old 10 Oct 2015, 22:47 (Ref:3581258)   #1099
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Been over 2 months since we last heard of the potential Rebellion-Morand LMP2 coalition, guess that's still in the planning, or dead. But if they were to contest at Daytona not too much time to think it over. Can't think anything but Oreca 05 making sense theoretical chassis wise
OK - the truth is that that story was always utter BS - it had NOTHING to do with Rebellion and EVERYTHING to do with the other party looking for the opportunity to imply that a forward programme was in place to nail down drivers this year - Frankly disappointed in any colleague who gave it house room - utter fantasy
Old 10 Oct 2015, 22:56 (Ref:3581262)   #1100
Deleted
Veteran

Wait you mean Morand fabricated it?