Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Apr 2004, 18:30 (Ref:932590)   #876
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Rocky AGusta is the heir to Agusta Motorbikes and also owns a Helicopter company called "Agusta Bell" . They lisence build "Bell" helicopters in Italy and export then all over the place . Almo Coppelli used to be the team mate of Agusta when they raced a Corvette at LeMans in the mid 90's . I dont know anything about the other dude !!! They are both Italian , Cioci sounds Italian too .

Is this a joke about the line up in that car ?
Old 6 Apr 2004, 18:32 (Ref:932593)   #877
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
Is this a joke about the line up in that car ?
No, it isn't, it's the true
They are the drivers listed for Monza.

Last edited by SFonseca; 6 Apr 2004 at 18:33.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 19:32 (Ref:932683)   #878
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by KA
38 cars entered for the full season- 10 LMP1, 7 LMP2, 7 GTS, 14 GT- and for Monza apparently add 4 LMP1, a GTS and 2 GT to give 45 cars
Interesting.

Is Intersport not running the B2K/40 at Monza? I assume they'll be running the B160...

Or are they running the whole LMES season on top of the ALMS?

:confused:
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 6 Apr 2004, 19:42 (Ref:932699)   #879
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by SFonseca
No, it isn't, it's the true
They are the drivers listed for Monza.
OMG ..... Im off to the pub again !!!
Old 6 Apr 2004, 21:15 (Ref:932789)   #880
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
when is this list going to be released? its driving me crazy!

anyways, i think i figured out the entry for GTS:

2 Konrad/Vitaphone Saleens
1 Graham Nash Saleen
2 Barron-Connor 575's
1 Larbre 550
1 Force One Pagani

and the extra for Monza will be a Prodrive 550 for McRae
Old 6 Apr 2004, 21:41 (Ref:932814)   #881
19dodge
Veteran

heres my predicted entry: (left out GT, since there could be so many possibilities)

LMP1:

2 Audi Veloqx
Audi GOH
Rollcentre Dallara
Nasamax
RML Lola B160
Lister Storm LMP
Jota Zytek
Creation DBA
Durango

For Monza Only:

Pescarolo
Factory Zytek
Noel Del Bello Reynard
Spinakar Dallara

LMP2:
2 WR’s
2 Epison Courage C65
Belmondo Courage C65
PIR Competition Pilbeam
Didier Bonnet Debora Mader

GTS:

2 Konrad/Vitaphone Saleens
2 Barron-Connor 575’s
Graham Nash Saleen
Force One Pagani
Larbre 550

For Monza Only:
Prodrive 550
Old 6 Apr 2004, 22:13 (Ref:932849)   #882
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I still can't beilve that RfH would NOT be on that list????

So...if those guesses would be correct, that would mean Intersport would not have spots...

They indicated that they were entering the B160 and the B2K/40 at Monza...at least I know I have read that on many threads....

My Response:

Come to America, RfH!!!!!

I'd love to see you race the ALMS season, since the LMES can't even put you on the grid for Monza....

and any other team that has put together a race effort, only to be left holding the bag...

We cheer just as loudly on this sid eof the pond, and follow the sport jsut as intensely...

We'll welcome you at the docks with open arms....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 6 Apr 2004, 22:39 (Ref:932875)   #883
19dodge
Veteran

LMES list has been released on DSC. dont know if im allowed to post it here.

some comments about it though:

from my list above:
add Kondo, Intersport, and take out factory zytek and Del Bello Reynard

LMP2: alot of new teams Intersport is in it as well

GTS: pretty much the same list as i told you guys, except that Wolfgang Kaufmann is entered in a Porsche GT2. (and theres an italian Viper team) - prodrive 550 (just the Larbre)

GT: too much to talk about lol

Last edited by 19dodge; 6 Apr 2004 at 22:40.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 23:07 (Ref:932891)   #884
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Surprise - Lister is only for Monza.

Intersport is Monza only for both LMP categories. So the breakdown KA posted was wrong...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 6 Apr 2004, 23:25 (Ref:932904)   #885
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lister will not run the LMP in the other three LMES events?
Old 6 Apr 2004, 23:28 (Ref:932906)   #886
19dodge
Veteran

maybe they will, but they just didnt enter for the full season. (i bet they will run the full season, but they are just not 100% sure.)

no RFH at all. what is up with that? Doesnt make any sense. No Taurus, no Goddard. these european based teams only have 5 races this year, and they didnt enter the first one (and Goddard didnt make it in at LM)

very strong entry. i actually like this list as much as the 24hrs LM one (some teams are lower class, but not that many) there is much more of a variety in this entry than the LM one
Old 7 Apr 2004, 05:28 (Ref:933015)   #887
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by 19dodge
no RFH at all. what is up with that? Doesnt make any sense. No Taurus, no Goddard. these european based teams only have 5 races this year, and they didnt enter the first one (and Goddard didnt make it in at LM)
Lack of €€€ : that's what said Henri Pescarolo, and I assume they all have the same problem...

RFH and Taurus are definitely missing ; but Yves Courage says that he needs to focus on Le Mans... maybe the same reason for Jan Lammers and Taurus ? PQs and Monza are pretty close...
Old 7 Apr 2004, 05:33 (Ref:933020)   #888
The Badger
Veteran

So is RfH running the Kondo Dome ?

Courage doesnt really need to do the LMES cuz he has enough customers doing it for him .
Old 7 Apr 2004, 06:58 (Ref:933057)   #889
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Did anyone notice that the Pescarolo was just 1 tenth behind the RFH Dome, and less than 8 tenths behind the Audi Goh ? Good work on the GV5 !
Old 7 Apr 2004, 07:03 (Ref:933061)   #890
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
There'll be 21 prototypes (Epsilon C65 are in only for Nürbürgring) at the start at Monza (there was 16 in November)... what a field ! Almost equivalent to Le Mans (26) ! Bring back the RFH Domes and you'll have the future of sportscars in Europe !

The GT field is impressive too, with a possible Porsche 996 double turbo in GTS... wow !

Last edited by Fab; 7 Apr 2004 at 07:04.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 07:23 (Ref:933071)   #891
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
Surprise - Lister is only for Monza.
Intersport is Monza only for both LMP categories. So the breakdown KA posted was wrong...
Just been looking at the full list on DSC, and it's certainly slightly different to the numbers they originally suggested- the best part is that there seem to be slightly more cars.

I'm as surprised as you at Lister being listed only for Monza- wonder if this has anything to do with their recent driver troubles- maybe they don't want to (or can't afford to?) commit to the full series until they've got drivers (and maybe a full budget) confirmed. No sign of the Taurus Lola either
Old 7 Apr 2004, 07:24 (Ref:933074)   #892
BMC
Rookie

BMC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here ist the entry list:

Where is the RfH and where is the Taurus Lola?

LMES Season entry list:

LMP1

Advan Kondo *Monza only
(2)Audi Sport UK/Veloqx
Intersport Racing *Monza only
Team Goh
Creation Autosportif
Rollcentre Racing
Nasamax
Automotive Durango *Monza only
Lister * Monza only
Spinnaker By Clandesteam
Pescarolo
RML MG/Lola
Team Jota

LMP2

K2 Race Engineering *Monza only
Palmyr
PIR Competition
Paul Belmondo
Courage TBC
(2) Epsilon Sport *Nurburgring only
Ranieri Randaccio
Intersport *Monza only

GTS

(2) Barron-Conner
Force One
Konrad
Larbre (550 Ferrari)
Mac Racing (Viper) *Monza only
Graham Nash
Vitaphone (Saleen)
XL Racing
A-Level Engineering Porsche 996 Bi-Turbo **(subject to ACO homog)

GT

Luc Alphand *Nurburgring only
JMB Racing
RSR Racing (Tuscan)
Mastercar (Ferrari 360)
Race Sports Salisbury (TVR 400)
Parr Motorsport **Monza only
Choroq Racing
Seikel (Porsche)
Noel Del Bello
Perspective (Thierry)
T2M (Porsche)
Freisinger
Sebah Automotive (Porsche)
(2)Chamberlin/Synergy **Monza only
Cirtek (Porsche)
Auto Palace (Ferrari 360)
Old 7 Apr 2004, 07:41 (Ref:933087)   #893
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Welcome to the forum !

Just to know, BMC, where did you got it ?

Some significant teams are missing : RFH, Taurus... any news about the Courage Chevrolet (Spanish team, if I can remember) ?
Old 7 Apr 2004, 08:18 (Ref:933118)   #894
BMC
Rookie

Thanks Fab!

It's on DSC and on lmsr.net, it's been published by the ACO yesterday at Paul Richard.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 11:52 (Ref:933308)   #895
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Welcome to the forum !

Just to know, BMC, where did you got it ?

Some significant teams are missing : RFH, Taurus... any news about the Courage Chevrolet (Spanish team, if I can remember) ?
i could understand RFH pulling their cars after the way they've been treated, but aren't they at the LMES test??
Old 7 Apr 2004, 11:56 (Ref:933319)   #896
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
i could understand RFH pulling their cars after the way they've been treated, but aren't they at the LMES test??
I'm not sure that the best to do for Jan is to stay at home instead of racing... even to convince ACO they're wrong !

I hope that RFH and Taurus will be here at the end...
Old 7 Apr 2004, 12:14 (Ref:933350)   #897
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
There's some comments by Henri on Ouest France

And a pic of the car scanned on "Le Maine Libre" by a member on MotorsLegend's forum...

Henri says that, beeing pennyless, the team had to use 2003 tyres, and was very disapointed to see the Audis 3 seconds beyond the Pescarolo. Then they used 2004 tyres and are closing to 1.5 second. With the accurate set up and trim, Henri thinks that they should be in Audi's pace...

Notice the air intakes in the rollbar... atmosphérical Judd !

Gorgeous in white, BTW...

Last edited by Fab; 7 Apr 2004 at 12:16.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 12:49 (Ref:933416)   #898
BMC
Rookie

if you watch the pescarolo picture on DSC, you can see that the first (lower one) intake is just behind the drivers helmet. For my understanding this is not a very smart solution...
Old 7 Apr 2004, 13:45 (Ref:933482)   #899
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wednesday morning Paul Ricard test times:
GOH Audi - 67r - 1.39.41
RFH - 68r - 1.39.48
CRE (675) - 50r - 1.39.49
Audi UK1 - 52r - 1.39.67
Audi UK2 - 41r - 1.40.47

All very close!
Old 7 Apr 2004, 14:05 (Ref:933501)   #900
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Did anyone notice that the Pescarolo was just 1 tenth behind the RFH Dome, and less than 8 tenths behind the Audi Goh ? Good work on the GV5 !
And to think that the GV5 sat for nearly two seasons with only one team running it (Doran/Lista Dallara in Grand Am in 2002 and the first three ALMS events last season)while everyone "insisted" the the GV4 was the better engine, and thus the choice of all of the European teams....

Bravo, Henri....I'm glad someone has finally decided they would like to see if they can get to the next level by trying a power option that is different from everyone else...

It's about time...

One American Open Wheel Series!