Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Apr 2004, 19:50 (Ref:935440)   #951
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Frank will only do the last hour.
Old 10 Apr 2004, 07:14 (Ref:935654)   #952
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
To bad to be short fuel 30' to the checkered flag !

sorry Franck, no offense, we're just a little bit nervous
Old 10 Apr 2004, 15:08 (Ref:935848)   #953
Schumi28
Rookie

Netherlands
Netherlands, Waarland
Schumi28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.lmes.net/en/index.asp?H=S&C=701&V1=ecu

Says that Racing for Holland has joined.

On their official homepga on the calender Monza is said as event they'll visit http://www.janlammers.com/engels/Xml...enda\index.xsl

I don't know if there's an official entrylist here in this topic
Old 10 Apr 2004, 15:44 (Ref:935873)   #954
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Schumi28
http://www.lmes.net/en/index.asp?H=S&C=701&V1=ecu

Says that Racing for Holland has joined.

On their official homepga on the calender Monza is said as event they'll visit http://www.janlammers.com/engels/Xml...enda\index.xsl

I don't know if there's an official entrylist here in this topic
Yep it´s here and they are not listed. Monza is on their website for a while now and the LMES list is only the list of teams that took part in the two test days...
Old 10 Apr 2004, 22:50 (Ref:936124)   #955
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Franck, I can't see the pic you posted... as it's too late for you to edit, post another one, I'll delete the first post and my own...
another try Fab...
Attached Thumbnails
clio_livery.jpg  

Last edited by EliseGT1; 10 Apr 2004 at 22:51.
Old 11 Apr 2004, 08:52 (Ref:936299)   #956
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Great one Franck ! And it seems that you're especially good on drawings and stuff around (members : have a look at Ayse's new car, just to say one thing, in the LM thread )

BAck to topic, the livery is really close to the Goh Audi... and it's a nice one ! The Larbre Viper was black and red last years too...

Last edited by Fab; 11 Apr 2004 at 09:07.
Old 17 Apr 2004, 12:21 (Ref:942514)   #957
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NEW CARS IN THE PROVISIONAL ENTRY LIST!!!!!!!!!
WE´LL HAVE SURPRISES!!!
Old 17 Apr 2004, 13:20 (Ref:942554)   #958
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep! just got him too. Taurus, both cars now official and more. Will post the list tonight...
Old 17 Apr 2004, 14:40 (Ref:942627)   #959
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
*drool**drool**drool**drool**drool**drool**drool**drool*

Where did you get the info ?
Old 17 Apr 2004, 15:40 (Ref:942661)   #960
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Its 55 cars for monza - 18 x LMP1s
Old 17 Apr 2004, 16:01 (Ref:942668)   #961
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
55 cars will take part in the first race of LMES: the 1 000 km of Monza. With twenty-four prototypes (18 LM P1 and 6 LM P2) and thirty-one GT (9 LM GTS and 22 LM GT), the starting grid is well balanced!!

Who are the guys behind A-LEVEL ENGINEERING?
Old 17 Apr 2004, 18:27 (Ref:942742)   #962
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
55 cars... that's unbelievable, when you remind the last SCC... Is it something starting ? Is it really something serious ? I don't want to believe... but...

Your thoughts - to steal Tim's word ?
Old 17 Apr 2004, 19:24 (Ref:942788)   #963
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Where can I find the entrylist?
Old 17 Apr 2004, 19:28 (Ref:942792)   #964
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
I´m working on it... give me a few minutes.
Old 17 Apr 2004, 19:32 (Ref:942799)   #965
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by vandijk
I´m working on it... give me a few minutes.
Ok! Thank you for that great website!
Old 17 Apr 2004, 19:52 (Ref:942812)   #966
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
It´s online here. I´ll work on a version WITH drivers and delta´s now.

%"#§@$ HTML tables... (sorry)
Old 17 Apr 2004, 21:03 (Ref:942858)   #967
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Lots of cars added to GT. Also Zytek Engineering and Taurus are on the official list. Still no sign of RfH. Palmyr is removed from the list the list. I do not know what this means as this is the ´Monza´ list.

If I recall correctly there was a question on the ´R&M´ chassis used by GPE(?). Can someone give us more info on the car and team?
Old 19 Apr 2004, 14:37 (Ref:944212)   #968
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

If I recall correctly there was a question on the ´R&M´ chassis used by GPE(?). Can someone give us more info on the car and team? [/B]

The "R&M Chassis," I believe is from the "R&M" team that competed in FIA-SCC on a regular basis through the 2002 season, plus in at least one race (at Monza) that I can recall anyway in the FIA-SCC's final season last year....

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that chassis was originally a Riley & Scott MkIII "B" (the European version of the Mk III A that was revised by the factory to accommodate fo forward gearbox, etc.) that R&M revised by making it a "Long Tail" and tweaking some other minor aero aspects of the chassis to make it more suitable to European-style circuits....

NOTE: In the 2002 FIA season, they ran fairly strong and earned a couple of podium finishes, if I remember correctly....I'd have to look up results from other years to give you more details....

However, that was when the R&M Team actually campaigned the car...last year, R&M apparently turned their attention to the Italian GT Series and only ran the car once that I can remember...unless they entered it at Donnington or Spa...but I don't recall them being on the list at either place....

Now for some Speculation:

since GPE is listed as the "Team Entry," they may have either bought the car outright, or leased it from R&M...

Or maybe they formed a partnership or collaborative agreement...kinda like Matthews Racing campaigning the R&S MkIIIC the past two years in partnership with Riley & Scott as a "factory" effort....

As for GPE....I've never heard of them.....maybe our friends from across the pond can help us with this one....

But if Vandijk isn't aware of them (and he seems pretty on top of what is happening in Europe), I hope that others may be able to shed some light on this team for us....

Final Note:

Also, if anyone has any word on further changes to the chassis by R&M, please inform us of those as well...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 19 Apr 2004, 16:21 (Ref:944342)   #969
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
As for GPE....I've never heard of them.....maybe our friends from across the pond can help us with this one....

But if Vandijk isn't aware of them (and he seems pretty on top of what is happening in Europe), I hope that others may be able to shed some light on this team for us....

Can't shed any light on who GPE are, but the only driver they've listed so far is George Paulin, who appeared on the FIASCC entry lists several times in 2002, in both a Lucchini and Eventus Motorsport's Lola B98/10, without ever actually starting a race- as far as I can tell from a quick scan of the season's results, he only actually appeared twice, and both times the car failed to start with engine troubles- one each for the Lucchini (Barcelona) and the Lola (Dijon)....

Don't really know anything about him, but can anyone confirm that he's the same Georg Paulin who appeared at the Monza Group C race back in 92, in an Argo JM19 entered by 'GeePee Argo Cars' shared with Dave Coyne?- the Argo was supposed to be replaced by ex-TWR Jaguars for the rest of the season (this was after one deal for a British team to run the Jags that year had already fallen through because the funding never appeared), but the team was never seen again, although they continued to feature on the entry lists, including Le Mans, for quite a while.....
Old 19 Apr 2004, 16:31 (Ref:944354)   #970
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
[B]Lots of cars added to GT. Also Zytek Engineering and Taurus are on the official list. Still no sign of RfH. Palmyr is removed from the list the list. I do not know what this means as this is the ´Monza´ list.

Two Questions:

1. Was Palmyr the only Lucchini on the Monza List when it was originally posted?

2. If "Yes" to #1, why isn't anyone racing the chassis that won the SR2 Class in the FIA-SCC last year???

C'mon...there are at least two chassis out there that someone could buy or campaign this season....

That strikes me as very strange....

Old 19 Apr 2004, 16:36 (Ref:944360)   #971
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
Two Questions:

1. Was Palmyr the only Lucchini on the Monza List when it was originally posted?

2. If "Yes" to #1, why isn't anyone racing the chassis that won the SR2 Class in the FIA-SCC last year???

C'mon...there are at least two chassis out there that someone could buy or campaign this season....

That strikes me as very strange....
1) yep they are tho only Lucchini team on the first release of the list.

2) good question

/s.

Last edited by vandijk; 19 Apr 2004 at 16:36.
Old 19 Apr 2004, 18:41 (Ref:944555)   #972
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
1) yep they are tho only Lucchini team on the first release of the list.

2) good question

/s.
Thanks, Vandijk!

I can't help but think of a saying an ex-boss of mine had:

"When everyone is thinking alike, then someone is certainly not thinking"

Since most of the LMES teams will be driving Courage C65s, and the "Chassis of Choice" in the ALMS seems to be the Lola B2K/40 for the LMP2 category....

Almost everyone seems to be thinking alike....

But somebody certainly is NOT thinking....

Because a chassis that virtually dominated the FIA-SCC's SR2 Class last year should certainly be a vialbe and competitive chassis option for a team that wants to compete in LMP2 in Europe or North America...

That chasis as a viable option seems like a "no-brainer' to me....

Unless somebody knows something that I don't....

Old 19 Apr 2004, 22:14 (Ref:944757)   #973
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I recall correctly there was a question on the ´R&M´ chassis used by GPE(?). Can someone give us more info on the car and team? [/B]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked up the R&M results in FIA-SCC:

In 2001, the R&M team's car was still referred to as a "R&S" chassis witha Judd engine:

Best results in 2001:

Barcelona -- 3rd
Brno -- 3rd
Beginning with the 2002 season, the chassis was listed as an "R&M" chassis with the changes they made to the R&S....from the genral lines of the car...it is clearly their revision of the R&S chassis..

Results in 2002:

Estoril -- 5th
Brno -- 3rd
Magny-Cours -- 3rd
Spa -- 3rd

Results in 2003:

Monza -- 4th

NOTE; They were supposedly on "Entry Lists" at Donington and Spa, but did not race there at all...

Old 25 Apr 2004, 19:25 (Ref:951335)   #974
Cadete
Racer

Cadete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One small bit of news: during the Portuguese broadcast of the Imola GP one of the commentators was Pedro Lamy. In the end of the race, he was asked what his plans were for 2004. He said he would be dong the 24h of Nurburgring and Spa with BMW (nothing new here) but also said that he would be doing the LMES with a Ferrari.

Can anyone confirm this, or if you can't, can you at least say what teams using Ferraris are still waiting for drivers?
Old 26 Apr 2004, 20:00 (Ref:952694)   #975
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Lamy is driving in the LMES for Larbre, I believe, with Bouchut and Tristan Gommendy. So says Autosport, anyhoo.