Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 30 Oct 2012, 10:58 (Ref:3160062)   #1
Fuzzi
Rookie

United Kingdom
In the corner of Surrey
Fuzzi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorsport Explorer - Index

Motorsport Explorer: Published August 2012

This book was released in August and a number of reviews and personal messages to me from readers made it clear that an index was called for. Due to printing problems the book was withdrawn from sale but has now been reprinted and is once again available. Sadly it was not possible to include an index in the second printing, due to the urgency of the reprint.

I understand that sales of motor books have been disappointing over recent months, and only a relatively small number of copies have been sold (550/3,000). This makes the likelihood of a revised printing with corrections and additions, plus an index an unlikely event in the foreseeable future.

I have therefore indexed the places and a copy of the index is available as a PDF file to readers who would like to send me an e-mail, which includes the answer to this question:
What is the error in the photo caption on page241?

Please send an E-mail to: hunt4us@btinternet.com and mark the message Index.

Best wishes
Julian Hunt
Old 30 Oct 2012, 11:56 (Ref:3160082)   #2
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Julian,

Have to say received the book at the weekend as a present, and thought it was excellent. Have only had the chance for a couple of brief flick throughs, but seemed interesting and a nice companion. Obviously haven't had the chance to notice any errors, so I won't look too carefully, and can't say the absence of an index is much of an issue for me, as it's nicely organised anyway.

Only couple of comments/thoughts are a) that it would have been nice to include more non-racing sites (ie locations of former and current factories/garages for example, but have noticed some of these are referenced in the opening text about each area) and b) it would have been good to include rallying locations, but I guess then the book would have doubled in size with a lot of forests!

All in all though, very pleased with it, so hopefully those sales figures increase in run up to Christmas.
Old 31 Oct 2012, 09:23 (Ref:3160521)   #3
Fuzzi
Rookie

United Kingdom
In the corner of Surrey
Fuzzi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I simply ran out of words. The original word-count was to be 200,000 maximum and even after drastic cutting it ended up way over that figure.

I too would like to have put in more details of factories and firms, but the introductory pieces had to be trimmed like every thing else. Appendices on significant people and short car histories were cut completely.

I'm afraid I didn't really consider putting rally stages in - like many of the off- road courses, they are almost impossible to track down once they have gone out of use.