Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 6 Sep 2003, 19:28 (Ref:710285)   #1
Chartman
Rookie

England
Hope Valley, England.
Chartman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BARC meeting at Cadwell Park - 7 Sep 2003

Can anyone please tell me what the timetable is at tomorrows race meeting at Cadwell Park?

I'm especially interested in the times for the Toyo Tyres Mod Prod Saloons.

Cheers
Old 6 Sep 2003, 20:04 (Ref:710305)   #2
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Pete Howarth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mod Prod saloons
Qualifying approx. 10:55
Race approx. 15:50

timetable is on www.barc.net

Hope this helps
Old 6 Sep 2003, 20:14 (Ref:710317)   #3
Chartman
Rookie

England
Hope Valley, England.
Chartman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Pete that's a great help. Foolishly I'd been looking at the MST site instead of the BARC site
Old 7 Sep 2003, 19:27 (Ref:711097)   #4
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any results yet?
Old 7 Sep 2003, 21:18 (Ref:711189)   #5
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cant tell you any results but can say it was a fantastic day.........
Stacey had a good race in the RX7...........
Long may Cadwell continue
Old 8 Sep 2003, 17:06 (Ref:712093)   #6
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Pete Howarth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll agree, good racing and weather and as usual friendly atmosphere.
Roll on 750 at the end of the month.
Old 9 Sep 2003, 07:43 (Ref:712735)   #7
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Totally agree dude...Stacy did indeed have what you could call a "spirited drive" Great to watch as were so many of the races on sunday.
Old 9 Sep 2003, 11:07 (Ref:712947)   #8
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo
Totally agree dude...Stacy did indeed have what you could call a "spirited drive" Great to watch as were so many of the races on sunday.
Thanks for the sentiment, but it wasn't where I wanted to be.. Car was as sick as a dog all weekend and we just couldn't sort it, despite swapping every spare we had.

The boys worked really hard all weekend to sort it, just a shame I couldn't deliver the laurels - they deserved them.

I couldn't even get it off the grid for the green flag lap, so had to sail a bit close to the wind with "practice starts" to make sure it would go when the lights went green. Didn't fancy being rear ended by the field when I pottered and bounced off the line.. ;-) It seemed to clear a bit on the green flag though, so I decided to take the start and just wave everyone through..

I'm still not sure how you can wheel a car onto the trailer in A1 form (race winning), and wheel it off and it's sick.. We currently suspect contaminated fuel or two stroke mix - it is at the rollers now, so will keep you posted!

The main problem with a sick engine isn't so much having to rely on a tow to keep up with people, it's that I run quite a slack diff and without the pick up and power from a big misfire it affects the handling balance too.

Still on the other hand I still won my class despite being 4s a lap off what she can do around there, it's been the only malady in two years of running her, and I'm a firm believer you make your own luck in this game. In this case I decided to be clever and store the car at my mums to save journey time after Pembrey, in hindsight a damp garage may not have helped..

That's racing..

Stacy
Old 10 Sep 2003, 10:27 (Ref:713947)   #9
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by stacy
I'm still not sure how you can wheel a car onto the trailer in A1 form (race winning), and wheel it off and it's sick.. We currently suspect contaminated fuel or two stroke mix - it is at the rollers now, so will keep you posted!
And the answer is, contaminated fuel in the lines and then fouling the carb jets. Nothing terminal. We blew them out, but not thoroughly enough. Like I said, you make your own luck.

On the bright(!) side the power reading was 170 at the wheels, so it would seem some of the oppo shouldn't be hiding behind their cars so readily..

Stacy
Old 10 Sep 2003, 13:01 (Ref:714057)   #10
spnixon
Racer

spnixon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still better than the 133 at the flywheel us class D boys survive with.

Anyway - the club web site has been updated with Chris Bray's lap record but not all the points. And MST is not listing the Cadwell times and results.

Does anyone know the results? Who won? Second? Class B, D winners? Any incidents?

My cylinder head is at an engineering shop now, as Stacy says you make you're own luck in racing and hopefully the Golf will be better put together for 2004. Looks like I'll have Andrew Guy and Rick Kerry to contend with once again.
Old 10 Sep 2003, 13:39 (Ref:714097)   #11
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by spnixon
Still better than the 133 at the flywheel us class D boys survive with.

Anyway - the club web site has been updated with Chris Bray's lap record but not all the points. And MST is not listing the Cadwell times and results.

Does anyone know the results? Who won? Second? Class B, D winners? Any incidents?

My cylinder head is at an engineering shop now, as Stacy says you make you're own luck in racing and hopefully the Golf will be better put together for 2004. Looks like I'll have Andrew Guy and Rick Kerry to contend with once again.
It wasn't the 1600's I was talking about, and if you remember I've been there too..

Results will be on www.smart-timing.co.uk

MN carries the race report today, but Steve Keating won, Chris Bray won class D and was driving really well. You'd have to to put that time in..

Stacy
Old 10 Sep 2003, 13:49 (Ref:714106)   #12
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is no MST beacon at Cadwell (or Anglesey).
Old 10 Sep 2003, 14:55 (Ref:714160)   #13
spnixon
Racer

Thanks for the link.

Thats two race wins for Keating in two meetings, he's going really well. And the next quickest class D car was over 2 seconds slower than Chris Bray. Presumably he'd never been to Cadwell before either. Gulp.
Old 10 Sep 2003, 14:59 (Ref:714164)   #14
Mike Holmes
Racer

United Kingdom
Peterborough
Mike Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JR are you getting confused with Pi Beacons? In fact there is a Pi beacon at Cadwell on the pit wall, but obviously that is only of use when you are doing the full circuit. MST usually put their beacons out on the morning of the race and the transponder ground loop is under the track surface on the start/finish line.
Old 10 Sep 2003, 15:06 (Ref:714168)   #15
spnixon
Racer

Just heard from the engineering shop - head was warped.

But its taken them longer to find that out than I had between Silverstone and Pembrey.

Good luck to everyone at Oulton Park.
Old 10 Sep 2003, 15:06 (Ref:714169)   #16
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by spnixon
Thanks for the link.

Thats two race wins for Keating in two meetings, he's going really well. And the next quickest class D car was over 2 seconds slower than Chris Bray. Presumably he'd never been to Cadwell before either. Gulp.
He is, but on the other hand the real attainable lap time round Cadwell is 44/45's and the fastest actual race lap was a 47. Nothing wrong with the grip level either. I expect it might motivate the Rovers to be a bit busy over the winter so here's hoping.

As for Chris B, he was on it, but remember he's got a fair bit more than Golf poke and if I remember rightly he's very likely to have set that time after getting a tow down the straight and/or up the hill. Well worth a chunk I'd say.

Stacy