Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 30 Oct 2002, 17:38 (Ref:417682)   #1
coolerking
Rookie

coolerking should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
novice karter

i would like some help and advice regarding kart chamionships for someone starting out for the first time . I would have liked to have made my racing debut in tintops but finances have switch me to karting . Also which kart and engine should i be looking at for reliablity and competiveness. I was looking at a TKM 100 cc , spirit97 chassis with a BT82 engine would this be suitable.Please any help and advice would be very gratefully received , Dave.
Old 30 Oct 2002, 18:45 (Ref:417727)   #2
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The TKM BT82 nedds rebuilds quite regulary however is known for good reliability, it needs rebuilding about every 8 hours. My advise thought is to do Rotax Max, similar speeds, the engine is very reliable and only need's rebuilding every 50 hours ( i race in that) hope that helps!
Old 30 Oct 2002, 18:48 (Ref:417732)   #3
Stefan Gordon
Rookie

Stefan Gordon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I recommend Rotax too though its hard to start out in it, because of the higher speed and grip.
Old 30 Oct 2002, 18:50 (Ref:417738)   #4
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
True, this may seem a silly question i know, however i know people who have bought a race kart when they have never driven any sort! So what kart's have you driven? (not necesceraly raced)
Old 3 Nov 2002, 20:52 (Ref:420925)   #5
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you 8 years old (young for tintops) or 80? You fancy making a career or having some great racing? Are you rich or not? Do you want to buy yourself into the top performance end of your class, or want a fairly level playing field? Do you want to be out every weekend, racing all over the country at national level, or locally once a month? What budget are you thinking of? Do you want to do your own mechanicing or run with a team under their awning? Yes, questions !!!
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 3 Nov 2002, 22:05 (Ref:420988)   #6
Morcilman
Racer

Spain
Spain
Morcilman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the best advice that is usefull allways and evreywere is

ACCELERATE MORE AND BRAKE LESS!!!!!!!!

No, really the best advice is to enjoy 100% the sport try to be better every time and take it one step at a time.
do not rush
Old 4 Nov 2002, 20:20 (Ref:421688)   #7
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If it's speed you want, get a jetfighter engine and strap that on your kart...
Old 6 Nov 2002, 16:12 (Ref:423048)   #8
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish I'd thought of that earlier
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"