Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 23 Mar 2020, 22:27 (Ref:3966385)   #5276
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's it, I'm going back to 1987 and working my way to the present day!
Old 23 Mar 2020, 22:31 (Ref:3966387)   #5277
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Not a dig at your post - but your words highlight part of why these measures have been introduced.
Two weeks ago, it was in our hands, and people refused to accept it would get so bad. Now the measures have needed to become mandatory.

Yes, I think we all realise that now. But let’s just get on with things how we can
Old 23 Mar 2020, 22:55 (Ref:3966390)   #5278
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Sadly I think the few have ruined it for the many in the UK. Myself and my wife went out Sunday, made no contact with anyone else. Drove to the hills near us and spent 3 hours walking around. Social distancing doesn’t get more defined than that. However you have idiots gathered in groups, still going into shops, going to the seaside, not heeding the advice.
Old 23 Mar 2020, 23:37 (Ref:3966401)   #5279
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Of course there aren’t many sensible people in the world if you think about it. People smoke. People get drunk. People bet. People eat fast food. People go sky diving. However the big difference here is that people’s lack of common sense has put other people’s lives at risk rather than their own. Since Thursday the furthest I have gone is my local Premier Store, only a 5 minute walk. That is all
Old 23 Mar 2020, 23:47 (Ref:3966404)   #5280
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo303 View Post
In preparation for being stuck at home for some time, I've prepared a spreadsheet that contains links for all races 2015 - 2019. I figured it would be nice to share which is why I've stopped lurking in order to do so.

I can't guarantee accuracy of all details but I've checked it and not found anything obviously wrong. If there is a better format for sharing this or something doesn't work, please let me know and I'll see if I can help.

I hope this makes the stay at home for some of you that bit less unpleasant. Stay safe out there.
Or simpler:
https://www.itv.com/btcc/btcc-2015-races
https://www.itv.com/btcc/btcc-2016-races
https://www.itv.com/btcc/btcc-2017-races
https://www.itv.com/btcc/btcc-2018-races
https://www.itv.com/btcc/Races
Old 24 Mar 2020, 10:22 (Ref:3966446)   #5281
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"Motorsport UK has today extended its suspension until at least 30th June."

Snetterton RD1 potentially then
Old 24 Mar 2020, 10:25 (Ref:3966448)   #5282
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Motorsport UK Extends Suspension of Motorsport Permits to 30th June
Tuesday 24 March 2020

In light of recent developments in the COVID-19 crisis, and following the address to the nation by the Prime Minister on the evening of 23rd March, Motorsport UK has today extended its suspension of all organising permits and Certificates of Exemption for motorsport events until at least 30th June.

This move provides clear guidance to event organisers, venues, competitors, officials and volunteer marshals of the role that Motorsport UK must play in supporting the broader UK public health agenda.

In recent days the feedback from our members and the community was a need for increased clarity to allow them to plan appropriately and, should the need arise, put in place necessary contingency measures.

Motorsport UK Chairman, David Richards explained, “Motorsport UK has a vital role to play with its community in re-inforcing that, at this time of national emergency, we must all stay at home to play our part in protecting the NHS and ultimately saving lives. Today, the government have required that we effectively lock-down for a period of three weeks, however given that the most vulnerable in our society are required to isolate for three months, it is evident that the most responsible course of action was to propose a longer suspension of our sport. When we reflect back on this time, it will be a brief, but vital, hiatus from our everyday motorsport life and we must put this in perspective. This is a time of national unity and we need to come together with the broader public community to do all we can to support this battle and ultimately save lives.”

Motorsport UK will continue to monitor the prevailing advice from the UK Government in respect of the COVID-19 international pandemic and will update the motorsport community accordingly.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 10:40 (Ref:3966452)   #5283
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post

Old 24 Mar 2020, 10:55 (Ref:3966459)   #5284
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post

Damn... definitely think 10 rounds is out of the question this year now. Maybe we'll get one or two non- point scoring rounds at the end of the year, if we're lucky. Strange times.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 11:07 (Ref:3966462)   #5285
S griffin
Veteran

Ouch, we might be best with a winter championship for this season if possible
Old 24 Mar 2020, 11:18 (Ref:3966466)   #5286
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Another thing to add in the mix is that every major series will be scrambling to salvage some of their calendar and income. With the current MSUK ban until end of June races lost are:
BSB x 4
British GT x 3
Doubtful WSBK - at Donington is 3/5 July which is very close to the end of they ban so they may want to postpone to be safe.
Donington Historic will try and postpone

Add in trying to recoup 5 x BTCC rounds

That is 14 big events trying to fit into the calendar around the other events already there - between June and (realistically) mid October.

Some of them are going have to be satisfied with the Calendar they a;ready have from June onwards and the hope they can fit in maybe 2 of the missing rounds at best. That is if the ban is lifted at the end of June - I guess MSUK have set 30th June now so it doesn't involve postponing or more likely cancelling the British GP and Silverstone Classic.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 12:06 (Ref:3966477)   #5287
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Ouch, we might be best with a winter championship for this season if possible
I’m not sure they can, there’s a very small window of light to work with, think about round 30 each season, it’s always in fast fading light and the whole issue for the circuits isn’t the cars being able to see, it’s the emergency recovery and extrication teams who need it more.

Sadly, I can’t see anything happening after normal round 30, if it even happens at all!
Old 24 Mar 2020, 12:21 (Ref:3966480)   #5288
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Time to accept its not happening this year.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 12:23 (Ref:3966481)   #5289
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
I’m not sure they can, there’s a very small window of light to work with, think about round 30 each season, it’s always in fast fading light and the whole issue for the circuits isn’t the cars being able to see, it’s the emergency recovery and extrication teams who need it more.

Sadly, I can’t see anything happening after normal round 30, if it even happens at all!

I was thinking more of a mini series, not all 30 rounds, starting in September
Old 24 Mar 2020, 12:35 (Ref:3966483)   #5290
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'll be lucky to see the 2021 season starting on time, let alone worrying about trying to get anything into 2020 at all! Hopefully 2021 will be able to start on time, give or take 6 weeks.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 12:45 (Ref:3966487)   #5291
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, in these circumstances I can't see the season happening
Old 24 Mar 2020, 13:05 (Ref:3966494)   #5292
S griffin
Veteran

Let’s just wait and see. We can’t know for sure what it will be like in 3 months time, so let’s just keep calm, stay at home and wait for further announcements
Old 24 Mar 2020, 13:15 (Ref:3966501)   #5293
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Let’s just wait and see. We can’t know for sure what it will be like in 3 months time, so let’s just keep calm, stay at home and wait for further announcements
3 months time is June. That's when this thing is currently predicted to peak.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 13:19 (Ref:3966503)   #5294
S griffin
Veteran

Well let’s just see if this social distancing has it’s effect. In the meantime let’s just relax and not panic
Old 24 Mar 2020, 13:28 (Ref:3966508)   #5295
mj088
Racer

mj088 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well let’s just see if this social distancing has it’s effect. In the meantime let’s just relax and not panic
^THIS

The most important step we can all do to help is to do nothing right now, stay home, try to keep relaxed, you probably all have plenty to do at home anyway, put this all on the back burner.
If everyone does their bit lets see where we are in June.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 13:34 (Ref:3966510)   #5296
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
I guess MSUK have set 30th June now so it doesn't involve postponing or more likely cancelling the British GP and Silverstone Classic.
End of June fits in roughly with the government's current policy of 12-week self isolation for the elderly.

Even if this is all over by 1st July (which I highly doubt), I'm not sure that jumping straight into big events like WSBK, F1 GP and Silverstone Classic is a smart idea.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 13:47 (Ref:3966517)   #5297
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
End of June fits in roughly with the government's current policy of 12-week self isolation for the elderly.

Even if this is all over by 1st July (which I highly doubt), I'm not sure that jumping straight into big events like WSBK, F1 GP and Silverstone Classic is a smart idea.
Agreed.

We have seen a fairly rapid escalation of restrictions. When moving out of these (whenever that occurs) it will likely be a more gradual process, with close monitoring of cases to ensure we don't see them rise again.

China still has another two weeks before (extremely limited) movement will be permitted. 3 months after they were imposed.

If we follow a similar timeline, we will see restrictions start to be lifted in late June, but my expectation would be September before they are fully removed if we are fortunate.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 14:15 (Ref:3966527)   #5298
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Hong Kong relaxed restrictions and then saw cases rises again.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 14:43 (Ref:3966532)   #5299
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj088 View Post
^THIS

The most important step we can all do to help is to do nothing right now, stay home, try to keep relaxed, you probably all have plenty to do at home anyway, put this all on the back burner.
If everyone does their bit lets see where we are in June.
How about a new thread? Job lists we have been handed on arrival home !
Old 24 Mar 2020, 14:57 (Ref:3966534)   #5300
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's going to be a long time, a long boring time