Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Sep 2020, 08:43 (Ref:4000882)   #7676
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's great news. He's been away for far too long.
Old 8 Sep 2020, 08:53 (Ref:4000885)   #7677
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
That's great news. He's been away for far too long.
Agreed on that. And would be great to see him back for 2020 in the new Team Hard Cupra.
Old 8 Sep 2020, 09:20 (Ref:4000889)   #7678
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Always rated TOC, great to see him back.
Old 8 Sep 2020, 09:36 (Ref:4000891)   #7679
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh, Tom... love him, but absolutely do not want to see him wasted in the VW...

Genuinely surprised he agreed to it
Old 8 Sep 2020, 10:08 (Ref:4000896)   #7680
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good to have a name like Tom back. Where else could he really go? I'm sure he's there just for the thrill knowing him
Old 8 Sep 2020, 10:17 (Ref:4000899)   #7681
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post

He sounded excited about having another go in the VW CC, which he drove when they were first introduced to the BTCC grid back in the stone age. There is room for sentiment in this HARD world!
Old 8 Sep 2020, 10:36 (Ref:4000903)   #7682
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

He's hardly going to be a wasted talent, he's 33! Plus he's doing a favour to keep their TBL obligations fulfilled.
Old 8 Sep 2020, 11:08 (Ref:4000905)   #7683
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Why would he turn down the chance for a bit of exposure and networking when it doesn't clash with any of his GT races? Sounds like a win all round to me.
Old 8 Sep 2020, 12:13 (Ref:4000915)   #7684
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
Why would he turn down the chance for a bit of exposure and networking when it doesn't clash with any of his GT races? Sounds like a win all round to me.
Just going to be a shame to see a driver of his calibre struggling in that car.
Old 8 Sep 2020, 12:17 (Ref:4000916)   #7685
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The alternative is either a lesser driver struggling more, or parking the car up until Brown has recovered...
Old 8 Sep 2020, 12:34 (Ref:4000918)   #7686
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
He's hardly going to be a wasted talent, he's 33! Plus he's doing a favour to keep their TBL obligations fulfilled.
That requirement was suspended for 2020. Hence 1 missing BMW and Astra.
Old 8 Sep 2020, 13:36 (Ref:4000926)   #7687
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It'll be interesting to see *if* he struggles or not, won't it? I don't expect him to be up front but... y'know.
Old 8 Sep 2020, 13:40 (Ref:4000927)   #7688
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
It'll be interesting to see *if* he struggles or not, won't it? I don't expect him to be up front but... y'know.
You would expect him to be around where Jack is in the order
Old 8 Sep 2020, 14:12 (Ref:4000930)   #7689
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
I'd expect him to be better than Goff.
Old 8 Sep 2020, 14:27 (Ref:4000934)   #7690
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I'll be interested to see how Goff and TOC compare. Goff has gone from a couple of decent seasons in the Eurotech Civic to an appalling 2019, and he's been fairly anonymous this year. Difficult to judge how much of that has been down to the team/car as his teammates in 2019/20 haven't been much of a benchmark to compare against.
Old 8 Sep 2020, 15:55 (Ref:4000948)   #7691
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
Personally, I've no real expectation other than "he'll likely do better than Hamilton & Brown were doing". How much better, we'll find out in due course.
Old 8 Sep 2020, 16:01 (Ref:4000951)   #7692
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Tom seemed to drag some good results out of the CC before he left mid season. Granted the cars have changed a lot since then having been based initially on the GPRM underpinnings, however I think he will drag a result out of that car, I think top 10.
Old 8 Sep 2020, 16:21 (Ref:4000959)   #7693
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Tom seemed to drag some good results out of the CC before he left mid season. Granted the cars have changed a lot since then having been based initially on the GPRM underpinnings, however I think he will drag a result out of that car, I think top 10.
I'll think he would need a kind reverse grid to stand a chance of a top 10 finish, the VW's are too long in the tooth.
Old 8 Sep 2020, 16:24 (Ref:4000962)   #7694
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I think it will be interesting to see how he goes in the car. Whatever happens it will add more fuel to the arguments that the cars are (in no particular order) all as good as each other due to the regulations/too old and in need of replacement/have had all of their good points engineered out of them now/etc/etc
Old 8 Sep 2020, 17:58 (Ref:4000975)   #7695
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I almost lost hopes to see TOC back in the BTCC. Shame it's in a crap car but I'd love to think he could be around next year for full time. Even though I'm aware it's pretty unlikely!
Old 8 Sep 2020, 18:36 (Ref:4000979)   #7696
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
That's two great #HARD announcements in next to no time.

I expect TOC will be a little rusty, but once he's clocked a few miles he'll get the most out of the car - what that translates to in results we'll have to wait to see.
Old 8 Sep 2020, 18:38 (Ref:4000981)   #7697
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if only TOC could be be back at WSR...
Old 8 Sep 2020, 18:42 (Ref:4000982)   #7698
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
any more rumors on the 3rd WSR BMW ?
It's metamorphocized into a butterfly.
Old 8 Sep 2020, 18:49 (Ref:4000990)   #7699
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
if only TOC could be be back at WSR...
I think having signed to drive a couple of Mercedes-AMG GT3s makes it a bit difficult to get behind the wheel of a 'factory'-backed BMW in the same season.
Old 9 Sep 2020, 07:12 (Ref:4001062)   #7700
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.btcc.net/2020/09/09/jade-...t-silverstone/

Power Maxed Racing have today announced that Jade Edwards will contest rounds 16, 17 & 18 of the 2020 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship in one of their race-winning Vauxhall Astras.