Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 9 Sep 2020, 07:13 (Ref:4001063)   #7701
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jade Edwards will drive for Power Max at Silverstone - http://www.btcc.net/2020/09/09/jade-...t-silverstone/ - who was the last female to drive in the BTCC Fiona Leggate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 9 Sep 2020, 07:18 (Ref:4001064)   #7702
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
who was the last female to drive in the BTCC Fiona Leggate?

yes
Old 9 Sep 2020, 07:27 (Ref:4001066)   #7703
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Really? Well good luck to her of course, but her results in Clios have been very underwhelming. At least it will shut the people on facebook up...
Old 9 Sep 2020, 07:36 (Ref:4001068)   #7704
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Really? Well good luck to her of course, but her results in Clios have been very underwhelming. At least it will shut the people on facebook up...
Scary that I nearly used Jade as my example instead of Rob Austin 😂 still it's good to see her getting the chance to show what she can do
Old 9 Sep 2020, 09:29 (Ref:4001087)   #7705
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
good news for women racing against men but also for jade herself, she’s been working towards this for ages. excellent work.
Old 9 Sep 2020, 10:28 (Ref:4001093)   #7706
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wish her luck, she's worked hard towards this. Although I hope Bushell gets one last go at Thruxton
Old 9 Sep 2020, 11:44 (Ref:4001100)   #7707
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, good luck to her. She's not shy so I expect she will be willing to get her elbows out.
Old 9 Sep 2020, 11:57 (Ref:4001103)   #7708
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I hope she does well and can only be a good thing for women in motorsport.
Old 9 Sep 2020, 12:11 (Ref:4001105)   #7709
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And it also means 3 second generation BTCC drivers on the grid. Her father Jim at Croft was quite spectacular
Old 9 Sep 2020, 12:29 (Ref:4001106)   #7710
Daverb
Rookie

Daverb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should be interesting to see at Silverstone. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...12f4xzChGl9WsM
Old 9 Sep 2020, 13:12 (Ref:4001110)   #7711
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverb View Post
Should be interesting to see at Silverstone. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...12f4xzChGl9WsM
Did you post the wrong link, or am I missing something?
Old 9 Sep 2020, 13:26 (Ref:4001117)   #7712
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverb View Post
Probably was interesting a year ago
Old 9 Sep 2020, 14:25 (Ref:4001133)   #7713
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Been racing 8/9 years or so. Only ever been near a podium in the novice-filled AM GT4 Challenge in 2014.

Good for her to race but she’s going to struggle to be on the pace.
Old 9 Sep 2020, 18:54 (Ref:4001213)   #7714
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Good for her to race but she’s going to struggle to be on the pace.
Be careful where you post that, you could get lynched for expressing that opinion!

I don't disagree though. Even with last year's much reduced Clio Cup field, she really stand out as a contender.
Old 9 Sep 2020, 19:29 (Ref:4001226)   #7715
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Be careful where you post that, you could get lynched for expressing that opinion!

I don't disagree though. Even with last year's much reduced Clio Cup field, she really stand out as a contender.
I'm assuming you meant "didn't stand out", or that doesn't tally well!

As with all the other drivers, it's worth a shot in terms of her overall career and I look forward to seeing how she gets on.
Old 9 Sep 2020, 20:20 (Ref:4001250)   #7716
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowen250 View Post
He did 3 at the GT Cup meeting last weekend too. Still only equals 5 in my book. Unless he did one of the club saloons series in the Golf?
Gilham said this week he did 9 races in 4 weekends to get his licence. He got his licence in July.
Old 9 Sep 2020, 22:28 (Ref:4001286)   #7717
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anyone wants to see an NGTC car under the skin, checkout matt neals recent Instagram post. Goes to show how little the body shell has an impact on a cars structure other than aero and the dimensions of the cage.

Cook's car suffered a lot more damage in Scotland than was first thought. Needed bits of the cage replacing judging by the welding down near the rear subframe mounts.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CE7hP87hEtL/?igshid=15wnc0te1n696
Old 10 Sep 2020, 10:11 (Ref:4001386)   #7718
SR18
Rookie

SR18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Jade Edwards will drive for Power Max at Silverstone - http://www.btcc.net/2020/09/09/jade-...t-silverstone/ - who was the last female to drive in the BTCC Fiona Leggate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What about PMR at Thruxton?
Old 10 Sep 2020, 10:19 (Ref:4001389)   #7719
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR18 View Post
What about PMR at Thruxton?
https://www.touringcars.net/2020/09/mike-bushell-keen-to-work-towards-returning-at-thruxton
Old 10 Sep 2020, 14:12 (Ref:4001434)   #7720
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I'm assuming you meant "didn't stand out", or that doesn't tally well!
frankly not a single women comes to mind when it comes to motorsport except Sabine Schmitz and perhaps Ellen Lohr and Claudia Hurtgen
Old 10 Sep 2020, 14:24 (Ref:4001436)   #7721
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There have been a few, albeit competing in earlier times: Christabel Carlisle could pedal sports cars as good as most males, Danica Patrick wasn't too shabby, Pat Moss was equal to many rally drivers in her time, Lela Lombardi, Desiree Wilson, Michele Mouton. There are others but that's a reasonable list. We must also remember that not all of them stood on the top step but then again there are many blokes out there who haven't.
Old 10 Sep 2020, 15:58 (Ref:4001453)   #7722
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
frankly not a single women comes to mind when it comes to motorsport except Sabine Schmitz and perhaps Ellen Lohr and Claudia Hurtgen
Or Michele Mouton or Lella Lombardi or Deserai Wilson or any number of female Indy Car drivers ....
Old 10 Sep 2020, 16:39 (Ref:4001468)   #7723
S griffin
Veteran

Or how about those women in the BTCC that took class wins back in the pre-91 days, like Christabel Carlisle (I think), Louise Aitken-Walker or Nettan Lindgren
Old 10 Sep 2020, 17:00 (Ref:4001473)   #7724
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Or how about those women in the BTCC that took class wins back in the pre-91 days, like Christabel Carlisle (I think), Louise Aitken-Walker or Nettan Lindgren
They did - alongside others: https://insidebtcc.com/btcc-race-winners/class-wins/
Old 10 Sep 2020, 17:02 (Ref:4001476)   #7725
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jamie Chadwick and Sophia Floersch are rising up the ranks quickly too.