Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Sep 2020, 12:22 (Ref:4007372)   #7826
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Is it just a coincidence that we've heard nothing from Michael Caine for months and then as soon as everyone is calling for Andy Neate's head on a stick, this gets posted by his social media bods:

https://www.facebook.com/15760697799...2390071517867/

🤔
Link doesn't work for me, what does it say? Obviously Caine has a very good relationship with Motorbase so probably first reserve...
Old 29 Sep 2020, 12:52 (Ref:4007379)   #7827
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Petoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I've seen enough on here to suggest that, unless they somehow run AJ in the car, the third Beemer would have to carry 45kg of ballast

I think though that the replacement ballast has only come in in recent seasons. Before that it was late season ballast only. A good example is that IIRC in 2007 Alain Menu had to carry the ballast when he competed in the last round at Thruxton in the third Vectra, whereas Coronel did not because SEAT had actually registered a third car before the season started

Coronel did have to carry ballast though the rules say that if the car misses a round it may* have to carry ballast at the next round it appears in

* discretion of the adminstrator

From an article about Coronel btcc entry

Tom has shown in the FIA World Touring Car Championship that he's capable of racing with the best and his experience in the Leon will enable him to hit the ground running," SEAT UK motorsport manager Scott Dennis said. "However, he'll be carrying forty-five kilos of ballast so it's vital that we get the car set-up right for the ultra-fast Hampshire circuit so that he gets up to speed before qualifying.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 12:54 (Ref:4007380)   #7828
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Link doesn't work for me, what does it say? Obviously Caine has a very good relationship with Motorbase so probably first reserve...
Just basically says that he's itching to get back on track and has driven the new car so would love the chance to race it... I honestly can't see Neate going anywhere, especially now with the expense of repairing or rebuilding Butcher's car
Old 29 Sep 2020, 12:57 (Ref:4007381)   #7829
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe the solution to the Andy Neate problem is equip his Focus with dual controls and stick a grown up in the passenger seat to take over as necessary...
Old 29 Sep 2020, 12:59 (Ref:4007383)   #7830
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petoli View Post
Coronel did have to carry ballast though the rules say that if the car misses a round it may* have to carry ballast at the next round it appears in

* discretion of the adminstrator

From an article about Coronel btcc entry

Tom has shown in the FIA World Touring Car Championship that he's capable of racing with the best and his experience in the Leon will enable him to hit the ground running," SEAT UK motorsport manager Scott Dennis said. "However, he'll be carrying forty-five kilos of ballast so it's vital that we get the car set-up right for the ultra-fast Hampshire circuit so that he gets up to speed before qualifying.
Yes - both Menu and Coronel carried 45kgs in 2007.

'Chilton took pole ahead of the Italian, while Menu managed to produce a fine drive on his return to the BTCC to carry his Vectra to third, despite being forced to carry 45 kilos of extra ballast as a new entry into the series.'
Old 29 Sep 2020, 13:02 (Ref:4007385)   #7831
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It would be good to see Caine back, although the big question is, is he ever gonna get a full season?
Old 29 Sep 2020, 13:38 (Ref:4007389)   #7832
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That original post has now been removed...
Old 29 Sep 2020, 19:29 (Ref:4007444)   #7833
Pickles
Veteran

PMRs Croft driver is being announced tomorrow at 8am 👍
Old 29 Sep 2020, 19:44 (Ref:4007447)   #7834
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not a lot of people know that!
Old 29 Sep 2020, 19:50 (Ref:4007448)   #7835
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psq43 View Post
That's what I was thinking looking at the pic 😂
Old 29 Sep 2020, 20:35 (Ref:4007451)   #7836
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Rookie driver, nothing to get too excited about unless you followed the Ginetta GT4's a few years back.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 20:42 (Ref:4007452)   #7837
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by psq43 View Post
Think you need some help with your detective work.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 21:21 (Ref:4007462)   #7838
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Elllo, Ello, Ello, what do we ‘ave here then some inside information?
Old 29 Sep 2020, 22:43 (Ref:4007475)   #7839
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mr Constable. Fast peddler. Tested last week.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 22:45 (Ref:4007476)   #7840
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Elllo, Ello, Ello, what do we ‘ave here then some inside information?
Officer, this gentleman appears to have crashed his horse and cart into the river.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 22:45 (Ref:4007477)   #7841
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Shucks. It was a punt.
Old 30 Sep 2020, 07:02 (Ref:4007513)   #7842
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
JAC CONSTABLE TO MAKE BTCC DEBUT WITH PMR AT CROFT

'Power Maxed Car Care Racing has today (30 September) announced that Jac Constable will contest Rounds 19, 20 & 21 of the Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship, in one of the squad’s multiple race-winning Vauxhall Astras.'
Old 30 Sep 2020, 08:08 (Ref:4007530)   #7843
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can I get in before Evantra and says it's a waste of a good car blah blah blah 😜

I'm all seriousness though, I'm curious to see how another young driver does.
Old 30 Sep 2020, 08:48 (Ref:4007537)   #7844
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good luck to Constable. With only one weekend to do it in, with 45kg to begin with and no prior BTCC race experience he is unlikely to achieve much, so he needs to concentrate on bringing the car home
Old 30 Sep 2020, 12:30 (Ref:4007556)   #7845
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
One things for certain... no matter how many drivers PMR give an opportunity to, they'll never find one as bad as Andy Neate.
Old 30 Sep 2020, 15:59 (Ref:4007625)   #7846
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis Kent (TCR racer) has mentioned on Facebook that he needs sponsorship for the last three rounds of the season in BTCC...
Old 30 Sep 2020, 16:08 (Ref:4007629)   #7847
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Can I get in before Evantra and says it's a waste of a good car blah blah blah 😜

I'm all seriousness though, I'm curious to see how another young driver does.
Not at all, name rings a bell but no idea how well he'll do. Good luck to him.
Old 30 Sep 2020, 16:09 (Ref:4007630)   #7848
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
One things for certain... no matter how many drivers PMR give an opportunity to, they'll never find one as bad as Andy Neate.
Mark Howard?
Old 30 Sep 2020, 16:11 (Ref:4007631)   #7849
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Lewis Kent (TCR racer) has mentioned on Facebook that he needs sponsorship for the last three rounds of the season in BTCC...
Hmm... PMR I guess? Or replacing Neate? To be fair he's hardly set the world alight in TCR...
Old 30 Sep 2020, 16:18 (Ref:4007633)   #7850
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Hmm... PMR I guess? Or replacing Neate? To be fair he's hardly set the world alight in TCR...
I'd guess it's at HARD. Onslow-Cole was supposed to be doing Thruxton / Silverstone / Croft with Brown returning for Snetterton / Brands. However I'm doubtful Brown will return and wouldn't be surprised if TOC bailed before Croft.