Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Oct 2020, 21:12 (Ref:4007854)   #7876
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Teams have been told that they can't have anyone at Croft who lives in Newcastle, Sunderland, Durham, Tyneside, Northumberland or Gateshead.
Is that because of covid or simply because no bugger can understand a word they say?
Old 2 Oct 2020, 06:30 (Ref:4007882)   #7877
SR18
Rookie

SR18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Couldn't WSR just ask BMW for support and offer the 3rd car to a factory driver?
Old 2 Oct 2020, 06:50 (Ref:4007884)   #7878
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Given the economies of the majority of the countries of the world are somewhere between iffy and disastrous, non essential purchases are not being made in "normal" volume. Car makers including BMW are suffering somewhat.

I would think it very unlikely that putting additional money into sponsorship would go down well given book balancing efforts being undertaken to keep businesses afloat and the highly skilled workforce in employ.

Significant redundancies in automotive are likely to become inevitable the longer this situation continues.
Old 2 Oct 2020, 07:42 (Ref:4007888)   #7879
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Given the economies of the majority of the countries of the world are somewhere between iffy and disastrous, non essential purchases are not being made in "normal" volume. Car makers including BMW are suffering somewhat.

I would think it very unlikely that putting additional money into sponsorship would go down well given book balancing efforts being undertaken to keep businesses afloat and the highly skilled workforce in employ.

Significant redundancies in automotive are likely to become inevitable the longer this situation continues.
Are you sure? Used car values have risen due to supply issues, BMW Mini shut down their third shift and then restarted it 3 weeks later!
Old 2 Oct 2020, 07:57 (Ref:4007889)   #7880
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR18 View Post
Couldn't WSR just ask BMW for support and offer the 3rd car to a factory driver?
They could ask.......
Old 2 Oct 2020, 09:29 (Ref:4007921)   #7881
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The question is, which factory drivers are available?
Old 2 Oct 2020, 10:11 (Ref:4007945)   #7882
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The question is, which factory drivers are available?
Andrew Jordan was hailed as a factory driver who's available.........
Old 2 Oct 2020, 10:46 (Ref:4007949)   #7883
WestHam92
Rookie

European Union
WestHam92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
According to an article he wrote on July 1st, he was offered the drive but he turned it down...

https://www.goodwood.com/grr/race/mo...ving-the-btcc/

I would assume that WSR/BMW were going to give him the drive without the sponsorship.
Old 2 Oct 2020, 10:50 (Ref:4007950)   #7884
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Factory driver LOL! Might have driven passed the factory I suppose if that counts.
Old 2 Oct 2020, 11:06 (Ref:4007952)   #7885
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Teams have been told that they can't have anyone at Croft who lives in Newcastle, Sunderland, Durham, Tyneside, Northumberland or Gateshead.
deliberate attempt to keep redline out of the porsche paddock? i’m sure loads of them live round there

we’re all from the midlands and south west so we should be ok for now.
Old 2 Oct 2020, 11:16 (Ref:4007955)   #7886
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Factory driver LOL! Might have driven passed the factory I suppose if that counts.
His claim:
Andrew Jordan: ‘I’m a factory driver for BMW in the 2020 BTCC’
https://www.goodwood.com/grr/race/modern/2019/12/andrew-jordan-im-a-factory-driver-for-bmw-in-the-2020-btcc/
Old 2 Oct 2020, 13:10 (Ref:4007988)   #7887
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestHam92 View Post
According to an article he wrote on July 1st, he was offered the drive but he turned it down...

https://www.goodwood.com/grr/race/mo...ving-the-btcc/

I would assume that WSR/BMW were going to give him the drive without the sponsorship.
It's not "giving" the drive if you have to pay for it.
Old 2 Oct 2020, 13:14 (Ref:4007992)   #7888
WestHam92
Rookie

European Union
WestHam92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
It's not "giving" the drive if you have to pay for it.
Him saying "the offer to drive was still there" implies that even after his sponsors pulled out, WSR were prepared to let him race regardless.
Old 2 Oct 2020, 13:18 (Ref:4007995)   #7889
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Are you sure? Used car values have risen due to supply issues, BMW Mini shut down their third shift and then restarted it 3 weeks later!
I'm seeing reduced volumes of components to most of the car plants; not all by any means, but a definite down tick.

Van production at Vauxhall Luton is busy beyond busy mind you.
Old 4 Oct 2020, 18:58 (Ref:4008565)   #7890
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Fallen out?

https://twitter.com/AndrewJordan77/s...762950656?s=19
Old 4 Oct 2020, 20:44 (Ref:4008581)   #7891
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's well known that diplomacy and relationship with his team(s) isn't one of his strong points.
Old 5 Oct 2020, 15:08 (Ref:4008695)   #7892
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He could have just been poking fun, guess we’ll see if there is a backlash to this
Old 5 Oct 2020, 17:51 (Ref:4008722)   #7893
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even though I like AJ he's made an idiot of himself posting this in my opinion... it seems like a desperate crave for attention.
Old 5 Oct 2020, 17:55 (Ref:4008726)   #7894
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Even though I like AJ he's made an idiot of himself posting this in my opinion... it seems like a desperate crave for attention.
One of the reasons I don't like him. He posts like this all the time, and comes across as so arrogant. Not surprised they've 'fallen out' when he acts like that.
Old 5 Oct 2020, 18:24 (Ref:4008733)   #7895
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
One of the reasons I don't like him. He posts like this all the time, and comes across as so arrogant. Not surprised they've 'fallen out' when he acts like that.
It does seem strange.
A genuine falling out I would hope would be kept behind closed doors.
To me, this reads like an attempt to turn the focus back onto himself, but appears to carry a bit of desperation for acknowledgement.
If he had initiated a post himself, that was nostalgic towards former results it would be one thing, but to highlight a lack of a mention is something else.

If it was a genuine oversight, or a deliberate omission, I don't think bringining it to their attention in public will earn him any favours. A few comments have suggested he's carrying sour grapes.....
Old 5 Oct 2020, 20:28 (Ref:4008743)   #7896
S griffin
Veteran

Shame really, he’s a great driver and seems like a decent guy at times, but his attitude here won’t exactly help. He could have rephrased it better I guess
Old 5 Oct 2020, 21:57 (Ref:4008755)   #7897
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Talented but acts like some diva.

If I had a choice of running Turks or AJ it would be a super easy choice to make.
Old 6 Oct 2020, 19:34 (Ref:4008890)   #7898
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
TPC announcement tomorrow at 8:00.

New car for next year? Or maybe Thompson or Gornall have parted ways.
Old 6 Oct 2020, 21:40 (Ref:4008912)   #7899
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

They only signed a 2 year deal initially for BTCC, could be an announcement on their decision on the future.
Old 6 Oct 2020, 21:48 (Ref:4008914)   #7900
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Thompson has posted on Instagram that he is ready for Croft this weekend, so I think we can assume it's not about him.

Gornall's posts this year have made several references to mechanical issues, especially engine/gearbox. Wouldn't be surprised if he has had enough.