Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 18 Sep 2003, 11:19 (Ref:722933)   #1
The Darkness
Racer

The Darkness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drivers next year?

Does anyone know who will be driving for Vauxhall and MG next year? Hope Yvan, James and Paul stay with Vauxhall. :confused:
Old 18 Sep 2003, 13:36 (Ref:723048)   #2
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit early to be thinking about next year. This season ain't over with just yet. I doubt we'll hear anything about driver line ups till after the new year, even upto march tme before the series kicks off again!
Old 18 Sep 2003, 13:56 (Ref:723068)   #3
The Darkness
Racer

Good point i'm just a little curious i suppose i always am before the end of a season.
Old 18 Sep 2003, 16:17 (Ref:723183)   #4
SPARK Msport
Veteran

England
Carshalton, Surrey
SPARK Msport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vauxhall should stay the same, MG and Honda might see one driver go, and a new one come up. Have a feeling Collard is looking for a works drive, Matt Neal isnt happy with the reliablity of his Civic, I know Reid and Warren havent had the results they should had got...but I don't expect any big changes for next year.
Old 18 Sep 2003, 17:28 (Ref:723252)   #5
Reido Rules
Veteran

Reido Rules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've heard murmerings that a production driver is on his way to a works Vauxhall, but at the moment I'll keep at that.
Old 18 Sep 2003, 17:31 (Ref:723254)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
If you're talking Luke Hines I'd say it was unlikely you'll see him leave the 'Zip Young Guns' backed Barwell outfit.
Old 18 Sep 2003, 18:17 (Ref:723303)   #7
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Muller to V8 Supercars is a possibility with the 888 owned Team Betta Electrical squad.
Old 18 Sep 2003, 18:26 (Ref:723311)   #8
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
If you're talking Luke Hines I'd say it was unlikely you'll see him leave the 'Zip Young Guns' backed Barwell outfit.
He can't stay with them forever. Anyway, the point int he Young Guns is to get their drivers in to professional motorsport from karting onwards. so i can't see them (or him) turning down a VX Racing seat
Old 18 Sep 2003, 18:40 (Ref:723328)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Time will tell I guess Unless he is offered a fully-paid ride then he'll not be going anywhere & paddock talk suggests this is unlikely.
Old 19 Sep 2003, 10:46 (Ref:724008)   #10
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where did Hines's backing come from this year. I was told at the beginning of the year that the drive was put on hold for a while because the funds may have been needed to back Paffet in a Jordan drive (Extremely good source). When that fell through the Barwell deal was back on. Whose was that money and is there enough to buy a seat with Vauxhall?
I wouldn't have though his record was enough to get him a professional drive.
Old 19 Sep 2003, 12:09 (Ref:724108)   #11
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hines has shown himself to be fast in comparisom to his more experienced (in btcc anyway)teammate, whos not looked like getting any class wins all year. whilst Hines has 6 wins, and has won championship.

If i was a team manager i definetley be interested it a test at least to see if he is quick in the tourers as well.

On barwells website theres a bit that says "ALL DRIVERS INTERESTED IN DISCUSSING OUR 2004 BTCC PLANS SHOULD CONTACT..." just doesn't sound like they have any definate plans for drivers. One or the other of thems got to be out of a drive.

I think muller will be keen to defend the title (should he win it which he's likely to) hes been with the works vauxhall team for longer than the others i think he's deserved more success
Old 19 Sep 2003, 14:57 (Ref:724302)   #12
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by btcc-thunder
On barwells website theres a bit that says "ALL DRIVERS INTERESTED IN DISCUSSING OUR 2004 BTCC PLANS SHOULD CONTACT..." just doesn't sound like they have any definate plans for drivers. One or the other of thems got to be out of a drive.
It says pretty much the same thing every year. It's highly unlikely that a team like are even remotely close to signing a driver this early.

Whatever Hines does there's still a second car to think about. Don't know what Blencowe's situation is like but I have a feeling he may strugle to find enough sponsorship for a third season, especially as they are running ETCC cars which are likely to require a bigger budget.

Roughly translated it's code for "anyone with a budget please call..."
Old 19 Sep 2003, 15:10 (Ref:724317)   #13
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Be interesting to see if Muller wants to leave the BTCC should he finally win the title, or stick around to see what develops with the ETCC cars/regs.

Also worth mentioning that the series on offer where you can ply your trade as a paid driver are few and far between, so any factory drivers that choose to leave the BTCC would be competing for only a relative handfull of drivers elsewhere.

Last edited by Super Tourer; 19 Sep 2003 at 15:12.
Old 19 Sep 2003, 18:40 (Ref:724530)   #14
KPC
Racer

England
Well below that pie in the sky
KPC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, but Muller has been waited so long for his title... bet he'd like to see that 1 on his car.
Old 19 Sep 2003, 22:23 (Ref:724705)   #15
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
hines will do whatever his dad says. in the end hines snr has the money and will do whatever's best for luke's career. vauxhall's 3rd seat would not be out of the question.
Old 20 Sep 2003, 18:31 (Ref:725134)   #16
The Darkness
Racer

To be quite Honest thats the first i've heard about luke Hines Possibly moving to Vauxhall?
But i agree with the Muller i think he will want to stay and defend his title thats he's worked so hard for.

Last edited by The Darkness; 20 Sep 2003 at 18:31.
Old 21 Sep 2003, 10:53 (Ref:725514)   #17
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Muller has been connected with the 888 seat in Australia alongside Paul Radisich.......but so has Rickard Rydell and Laurent Aiello.....

Are MG sticking around?
Old 21 Sep 2003, 20:11 (Ref:725775)   #18
Reido Rules
Veteran

Reido Rules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also know that Jason Hughes is hoping to be out in an Astra too next season.
Old 21 Sep 2003, 23:28 (Ref:725922)   #19
Jamie P-E
Racer

Jamie P-E is a back marker
[QUOTE]Originally posted by btcc-thunder
[B]Hines has shown himself to be fast in comparisom to his more experienced (in btcc anyway)teammate, whos not looked like getting any class wins all year. whilst Hines has 6 wins, and has won championship.

I would retract that comment regarding Blencowe's lack of pace in the car. Who won race 1 today, who got fastest lap. Alan had less time in the car before the season started so i think that you're a little harsh to say that he hasn't threatend for a class win and as a mate of Alan I know he gives 150% every time he goes out there

Last edited by Jamie P-E; 21 Sep 2003 at 23:28.
Old 21 Sep 2003, 23:37 (Ref:725926)   #20
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Hate to say it but Blencowe has completely underperformed in that car this year. He should have been up there winning races regularly given the kit at his disposal and the team he had behind him. But, at the end of the season, he has one win in the final meeting of the year (after he was gifted the lead when Boardman dropped out) This is really not good enough and I'd be surprised to see him lining up alongside Hines next year, unless he brings a big stack of money with him.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 09:38 (Ref:726161)   #21
Jamie P-E
Racer

He would have passed him anyway he didn't need tom to drop out.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 11:08 (Ref:726242)   #22
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Possibly. But one result over the course of the whole season? He should have won three or four minimum in the car he had inder him.

(having said that, I'm delighted he beat Michael! )

I do wonder though what results someone like Peter Cate (a Barwell favourite it would seem!) would have scored in that car.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 11:48 (Ref:726292)   #23
Jamie P-E
Racer

At least he's had reliable car.

He is very talented, clean and fair so I know he'll have no trouble finind a drive in 2004
Old 22 Sep 2003, 11:51 (Ref:726298)   #24
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamie P-E
At least he's had reliable car.
Precisely. And that's what's allowed him to take second in the championship. However I feel he really should have been up there challenging for the title and winning races.

Afraid you're not going to change my view on him - I don't rate him at all - let's leave it at that.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 12:12 (Ref:726315)   #25
Jamie P-E
Racer

You obviously don't know him as well as I do then.

CASE CLOSED

Last edited by Jamie P-E; 22 Sep 2003 at 12:13.