Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 8 May 2024, 09:30 (Ref:4207812)   #226
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like seeing the more candid moments inside the teams and Buemi does wear his emotions on his sleeves. But the fact that he can be so open about them makes me think people in the team are comfortable around him and they know is just emotions and it does not bother them including his fellow drivers
Old 8 May 2024, 11:01 (Ref:4207820)   #227
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think to be honest they just avoid and put up with him, you can see Wurz squirming at times!!

It is part of being a team you have to put up with the ups and downs, have to admit if I was me I would probably have a pop at him about it as he is a bit close to the knuckle at times, but on track he is often peerless, it is a weird dichotomy to be so on edge in appearance but so cool behind the wheel.
Old 8 May 2024, 14:50 (Ref:4207848)   #228
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
I think to be honest they just avoid and put up with him, you can see Wurz squirming at times!!

It is part of being a team you have to put up with the ups and downs, have to admit if I was me I would probably have a pop at him about it as he is a bit close to the knuckle at times, but on track he is often peerless, it is a weird dichotomy to be so on edge in appearance but so cool behind the wheel.
His radio clips from Formula E seem to suggest he's usually pretty hot on track as well
Old 8 May 2024, 17:53 (Ref:4207855)   #229
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he is in chat, but he at last in WEC seems to be able to not let this hotheadedness translate into his driving, he is not a wally, does not drive into people and understand very well how to drive an endurance race, OK he has been doing it for years. I think some of it stems form the f1 driver petulance of *****ing about anything anyone does instantly.

But as someone who finds it hard not to translate a shouty mess into driving well I would love to know how he does this! If I get annoyed, it either makes me mad and I drive better, or I start making mistakes!! He seems to be able to dump all this stuff verbally and it never affects his driving!