Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 15 Sep 2006, 21:09 (Ref:1711410)   #1
tim-b
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
tim-b should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Online portfolio templates

hello fellas, i'm thinking about getting a site for my snaps, and am not sure of the best way to do it. i want something that looks pretty professional and has a fair degree of adaptability in the layout and colours etc., also considering trying to sell a few, so in-built payment methods would be a bonus.

sorry if it sounds like i'm being lazy by not researching this all on my tod, i've spent a while looking but not sure whats out there, and i'm sure some of you guys with your flashy sites know what youre talking about and could offer some advice!

nb i'm a complete noob when it comes to html stuff, but sharp enough to learn a few basics if need be...
Old 18 Sep 2006, 16:12 (Ref:1713005)   #2
tim-b
Rookie

United Kingdom
London

anybody?
Old 18 Sep 2006, 16:23 (Ref:1713016)   #3
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have you already got a website?

Some ISP's will provide templates for you to use, although I have never used one myself.

My ISP is oneandone.co.uk

On their homepage there is a section about templates etc on the right hand side under New to the Web.

I hope this is of some help.
Old 22 Sep 2006, 12:49 (Ref:1716327)   #4
tim-b
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
thanks, i guess i was looking for something more specific for photo galleries...obviously there is stuff like flikr i just wondered if there is anything more flexible in terms of design and layout.

maybe i'll just do it in flash, not the best tool for this kind of thing though.
Old 22 Sep 2006, 15:41 (Ref:1716455)   #5
gungadan
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
gungadan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim-b
thanks, i guess i was looking for something more specific for photo galleries...obviously there is stuff like flikr i just wondered if there is anything more flexible in terms of design and layout.

maybe i'll just do it in flash, not the best tool for this kind of thing though.
I've used http://gallery.menalto.com/ (which I saw recommended here) in conjunction with Joomla but it's only on a test page and I've not really done much other than install it. I might get round to migrating my site across over the winter (but probably not). Anyway, HTH.