Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Jun 2014, 21:01 (Ref:3417112)   #26
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Reading at the ACO press releases from the scrutineering today, it sounds like mr Dempsey was again the number 1 centerpiece of French crowds.

They also bit overhyped the fact that "Ligier" is there after so many years... yeah if only was that name more than stickers on those Oak coupes.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 21:04 (Ref:3417113)   #27
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Reading at the ACO press releases from the scrutineering today, it sounds like mr Dempsey was again the number 1 centerpiece of French crowds.

They also bit overhyped the fact that "Ligier" is there after so many years... yeah if only was that name more than stickers on those Oak coupes.
Sorry: Dempsey was number 1 centerpiece of French girls
Old 8 Jun 2014, 21:05 (Ref:3417118)   #28
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Sorry: Dempsey was number 1 centerpiece of French girls
But aren't those the loudest and therefore most notable demographic
Old 8 Jun 2014, 21:37 (Ref:3417160)   #29
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
My Favorit from today
Old 9 Jun 2014, 07:01 (Ref:3417331)   #30
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very nice indeed!
Old 9 Jun 2014, 11:33 (Ref:3417465)   #31
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
But aren't those the loudest and therefore most notable demographic
you have clearly never met *any* fangirls.

Old 9 Jun 2014, 13:50 (Ref:3417547)   #32
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
My Favorit from today
Nice picture Walter
Old 11 Jun 2014, 07:37 (Ref:3418443)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Best looking car at scrutineering? It was there both days......
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5271a.jpg  
Old 19 Feb 2015, 20:06 (Ref:3506769)   #34
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
For all the tips and suggestions we have for the race itself, I haven't seen much in the way for advice on how to make the most of scrutineering. As someone who has never been for scrutineering and am planning to go both days this year, would someone who has been before mind posting a "guide to scrutineering"? Tips on what to expect, how good of access can be had, what to do and what not to do. Are there particular times that are better than others (other than being there for your favorite teams, is it better early or later in the day, is one day better than the other)? How big are the crowds? How early should I get there? Is there a good opportunity to get autographs from the drivers? Do they give out anything like at the parade? So many questions!
Old 19 Feb 2015, 21:13 (Ref:3506793)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The croque madame at the Bar Galand. Best bit of scrutineering.......

I'm not really sure what the best way to do it is, even though I've been for 4 of the last 5 years. For me, the press of bodies in the 'scrutineering' area in the Place de la Republique isn't really my scene. I like to hang around in the area where the cars arrive and leave. You can check this out in my stories of the last few years on my site for a (sort of) overview.....
Old 19 Feb 2015, 22:32 (Ref:3506834)   #36
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The only right way to do it is your way. It can't be done wrong. Everything happens on one square so you can see everything happening in 2 days very intense. Ofcourse you must be arround to see your favourite team arriving and go through scruteneering. You will also find time is on your side when you have two whole days. Yes they hand out stuff, mostly posters and cards and you can get (if you are lucky) autographs during the fotoshoot If your timing is good you will meet drivers when they are entering the closed area and most of them take a little time for the fans. And yes it is busy but it won't be to busy.One can get extremely close to the cars. You can't say what day is better for it depends on how ACO divides the teams. And to be honest I have never been attending the whole day because it is often more of the same only with different teams. I usually also straw a little through the city. You can easily get there by car and use the parking under the square, it has never been full, or take the tram.
If you have ACO membership you can take a tour in the closed area wich brings you even closer to some of the action. You will have a great time
Old 20 Feb 2015, 02:42 (Ref:3506898)   #37
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Thanks whitemr2 for the very helpful information. Sounds like no matter what I do I cannot go wrong. Figure that this will be the first of hopefully many times doing the entire Le Mans week!

And Aysedasi, I cannot tell you enough how much I am truly enjoying reading your blog entry of your entire experience last year at Le Mans! I am eating up every page of it! Thank you so much for taking me back. It's so fun reading your blog and being reminded that there are other folks out there that love the Le Mans experience just as much as I do. You're very fortunate that you have many more years under your belt, but I dare to say that our passion can come close to being matched. I have the tattoo to prove my love of the place (I'm looking forward to showing it off this year!). It has inspired me to go back through the old memory bank and photos taken during that glorious week last year to remember where I was and what I was doing and to compose a blog entry myself. Maybe I'll get up the nerve to share it once I am done.

I met both of you guys last year at both the Michelin tour (which I was so happy to help organize) and at the tenths meeting. It was so great for someone coming all the way from the US to come over and meet with faces that maybe were not familiar, but people who I knew were like minded and just like me. I'm really hoping that we can meet up with each other before the tenths meeting. If you guys are going to be at Scrutineering I'd be happy to meet up and buy a round of beers somewhere. I will be without my better half this year (she's in the final year of medical school), so I'll be especially keen to see some familiar faces!
Old 20 Feb 2015, 13:50 (Ref:3507041)   #38
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I have the tattoo to prove my love of the place (I'm looking forward to showing it off this year!).
Something like this?

Old 20 Feb 2015, 17:21 (Ref:3507107)   #39
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Something like this?

Is that you?

Here's mine, just after I got it. Man that spot hurt bad!

Old 20 Feb 2015, 17:53 (Ref:3507116)   #40
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Is that you?

Here's mine, just after I got it. Man that spot hurt bad!

No! That is definitively not me. Just a picture, the only one actually, I found of somebody with a Le Mans tattoo.

Like your tattoo very much! Glad you went with the actual North/South orientation of the circuit, and not like in the picture I posted.