Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30 Dec 2003, 23:30 (Ref:824023)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What makes a good driver pairing?

A number of the current threads have me thinking about what makes a good driver pairing in a team. There seems to be a number of philosophies out there. Some teams like Ferrari have the star paired with a clear number two, even though I think Rubens is a fine talent. But then Williams have a rather strong pairing with Ralf and Monty. Mclaren will have a similar setup with Monty and Kimi in 2005. Do teams with two strong drivers lose points due to the two fighting it out? Or does it give them an edge in the constructor's championship? I know there have been some very strong teams in the past as well, i.e. Senna and Prost. Other teams (due to choice or necessity) have two young bucks. And others pair a young up and comer with a veteran. Williams in 1996 comes to mind as one example of that. In fact, Williams will be facing this question in 2005 wont they?

A simple question to you all. Out of these scenarios, which do you feel is the best? Any ideas?

Last edited by jhansen; 30 Dec 2003 at 23:30.