Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 4 Jun 2016, 17:52 (Ref:3647178)   #76
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
85, Please go to the pits and do not come back out.
Old 4 Jun 2016, 17:52 (Ref:3647179)   #77
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another PC in the wall. Another FCY. That's it. I've had enough of this crap.
Old 4 Jun 2016, 17:53 (Ref:3647180)   #78
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
PC Should be made to race on their own behind closed doors. Awful class.
Old 4 Jun 2016, 17:55 (Ref:3647181)   #79
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's the same damaged car that caused a previous FCY. They just shouldn't be allowed back out.
Old 4 Jun 2016, 17:59 (Ref:3647182)   #80
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
I really want to enjoy this series, I really do. But it is made nearly impossible. Had to try four different places to get a working feed, which has started to freeze now and as I type has gone poof, pc's causing yellow after yellow, and of course the bop where the mazdas are dominant at Mazda raceway and now corvettes dominant at the corvette sponsored race in Detroit..... Just so irritating.
Old 4 Jun 2016, 18:03 (Ref:3647183)   #81
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
On the other hand, PCs might finish third and fourth----if they don't crash as well.
Old 4 Jun 2016, 18:06 (Ref:3647184)   #82
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
At this point, I'd enjoy seeing the 5 and 10 wreck each other and see a pc win unless the Mazda could pass them. Just for the lols.
Old 4 Jun 2016, 18:10 (Ref:3647186)   #83
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The stream is going worse, i remember how good it was on ALMS days.
Old 4 Jun 2016, 18:22 (Ref:3647187)   #84
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was hoping for the same ... but no luck. I bet the GTLM teams are thinking," How can we keep not getting invited to this event?"
Old 4 Jun 2016, 18:38 (Ref:3647189)   #85
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Some crazy times put up during the race.

The #31 pulled a 1:23.138, versus the pole at a 1:23.815.

In PC, the fastest time had been a 1:26.211, and Renger threw down a 1:24.977 in the race!

In morning practice, the GTD mark was a 1:31.063, and that was lowered to a 1:30.626 by the class-winning Viper.
Old 4 Jun 2016, 19:03 (Ref:3647192)   #86
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I bet the GTLM teams are thinking," How can we keep not getting invited to this event?"

They will make out best of all with the cost savings of not having to replace loads of shredded carbon parts, and equally expensive suspension components.
Old 4 Jun 2016, 19:23 (Ref:3647199)   #87
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 4 Jun 2016, 20:36 (Ref:3647218)   #88
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BOPing existed during the since the GTP but it is getting ridiculous.

But you know, I don't envy them, I'm mean trying to control lap time of two completely different platforms is nearly impossible. Hopefully this will end during the DPi era.
Old 4 Jun 2016, 22:13 (Ref:3647249)   #89
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I do not honestly believe that IMSA is deliberately fixing the races ... well i don’t always think that ... but Chiana’s point is valid.

No matter who wins, there is always the question of was it the best driver and team, or was this the car that got the best BoP breaks this time around?

With cars being adjusted on a race-by-race basis, there is no chance to see if the BoP is right. Okay, this car was fast ... slow it down? Wait, this is racing ... cars are Supposed to be fast. Maybe the engineers got it right and what we saw wasn’t just BoP. Maybe the cars which were slower were less well-prepared for that track.

No matter. IMSA will change everything for the next track anyway.

There are two reasons I can see for adjusting BoP. Obviously, different levels are needed for Daytona, with its banking, and all the other tracks. And obviously, if something new comes along—like HPD’s bigger V6—then an adjustment is needed.

Otherwise, the only reason to adjust BoP would be ... because the series if freaking incompetent to set it correctly anyway.

I really don’t care so much anymore about it for the rest of this era ... the DP/P2 era. We have seen nothing but artificial results since this series started. I can accept that for the rest of this season, we will get skewed BoP as we always have.

What bothers me, is that IMSA seems likely to continue on with this idiocy even after every car is essentially identical—and that makes me kind of sick.

GT3-based series seem to be able to adjust a much wider range of weights, dimensions, chassis and engine types, and can produce excellent racing. IMSA needs to learn from that.

Don’t base BoP on practice results. Obviously teams will cheat in practice to win in the race. Have independent test drivers test each car and set its baseline before the season starts, then after Daytona ... and maybe once more after Le Mans if needed.

Otherwise, in a series where no real development or modification is allowed, why is constant BoP adjustment needed?

Chiana’s real point is that whoever has won in IMSA up until now, has been gifted the win by BoP at least in part. This really does devalue every win. Every other sport in the world strives for fairness and a level playing field; IMSA tries to help whoever lost the last race, at the next race. It is stupid and it devalues each victory.

IMSA needs to be told that once everyone has the latest DP, all those BoP games need to Stop. Let the teams and drivers decide the winner, not the stewards and series officials.
This is the most long-winded response of saying the races are manipulated but not fixed, as suggested.
Old 4 Jun 2016, 22:28 (Ref:3647251)   #90
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
GTP's were not BOP'ed. Not this way. There was a power to weight ratio scheme, but it did not change race to race. A turbo Buick would have been treated the same in a March, Lola or Whatever chassis. If the engines were the same capacity, the weight rules (balance) would have been the same across the board. If your Whatever GTP was slower the the March, well, get busy-and not lobbying for legislation, you were working on aero refinement, and engineering, and what not, like getting a different driver.

The times are different. You can run all sorts of performance projections now, and customize all sorts of things to do with performance. I am some old curmudgeon who doesn't see this as an emulation of the sort of wonderful power you have in video games (I am clueless when it comes to referencing something like that, so maybe it is out of line), so yippee. I can't get excited. I hate to think that is the future, but maybe I should just accept it? (apparently someone in Tokyo, Scranton and London can connect on the internet and play racing games in real time-can we enlist the people responsible for that to actually make internet timing and scoring, and video work without glitches? Please?)

Grumpy curmudgeon going off to sulk.
Old 4 Jun 2016, 22:30 (Ref:3647252)   #91
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Oh, and the Viper won the Daytona GT class today, so I will set aside my 'grumpy' briefly.
Old 4 Jun 2016, 22:30 (Ref:3647253)   #92
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes! Skycafe, you are mirroring my thoughts perfectly.
Old 4 Jun 2016, 22:39 (Ref:3647254)   #93
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
. I can't get excited. I hate to think that is the future, but maybe I should just accept it? (apparently someone in Tokyo, Scranton and London can connect on the internet and play racing games in real time-can we enlist the people responsible for that to actually make internet timing and scoring, and video work without glitches? Please?)
That pretty much sums it up. Streaming video on the internet is easy these days, don't know why racing has an issue with it. And problems with T&S are beyond my comprehension.
Old 4 Jun 2016, 22:39 (Ref:3647255)   #94
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Clinkie Clinkie
Old 4 Jun 2016, 23:05 (Ref:3647263)   #95
Deleted
Veteran

Every single comment on sportscar365 race article was about BoP.

Negri also wants to complain:
http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...&id=abca85a8e7
"We definitely need some help from the series to make the BOP a bit more equal because we are not equal with these other guys. It is completely embarrassing that the BOP - in what is supposed to be the top class in IMSA - allows a PC car and GTD car to pull away from us.""
Old 5 Jun 2016, 00:46 (Ref:3647278)   #96
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
On Mazda's twitter, they say the 'overboost' was caused by the car leaving the ground on the bumps. Imo, this track is a low point in the calendar. Everyone is gearing up for Le Mans and they put on this eye-sore while also playing second fiddle to Indy. What was the attendance like?
Old 5 Jun 2016, 01:06 (Ref:3647280)   #97
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
On Mazda's twitter, they say the 'overboost'
Please, what is 'overboost?' So, you can overboost on a bump and have to take a penalty?
Old 5 Jun 2016, 01:15 (Ref:3647281)   #98
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Well, it's not IMSA's fault that a "decent" (in your eyes) road course doesn't exist near Detroit, or even in the state of Michigan. (And "second fiddle" is a matter of your perception.)

Penske has seen to it that millions have been poured into Belle Isle, including quite a bit to do work on the track. They're not using the short course anymore, and section by section, the track is getting redone.

As for the bumps, is it any worse than the lower half of Sebring? I know some years, Lime Rock was absolutely diabolical, particularly 1992, to give an example. Houston and Baltimore were fairly mean in the roughness department. Is Long Beach a billiard table? (As for F1, they have the clout to get their street circuits repaved every year; I'm not sure even NASCAR could pull that one off.)

We'll see what Chevy does for 2017, but even if they disappeared, and Detroit went away, for IMSA, I wouldn't count on them adding Mid Ohio, or any other "better" circuit, in its stead, necessarily. I still think the calendar is too sparse with just 12 events, so I wouldn't relish losing another one.
Old 5 Jun 2016, 01:27 (Ref:3647283)   #99
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Please, what is 'overboost?' So, you can overboost on a bump and have to take a penalty?
Here's the tweet I mentioned https://twitter.com/MazdaRacing/stat...44421149642752.
Old 5 Jun 2016, 01:56 (Ref:3647285)   #100
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Results for those that haven't seen or need to see them!

http://results.imsa.com/Results/16_2...03_Results.PDF