Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 8 Sep 2009, 14:02 (Ref:2536576)   #51
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Team LTN will race the Zytek with the Mansell dou numbered as red 5 ..... from Nigels old Williams F1 days .

Hope that Leo doesnt cause dad & Greg any troubles !!! Id be quite interested in hearing what the older Mansell might have to say about that one .
Old 8 Sep 2009, 14:39 (Ref:2536586)   #52
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
WouterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
E-I reports the withdrawal from Racing Box: http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-2304.html

That means that Quifel-ASM is LMP2 champion.
Old 8 Sep 2009, 15:45 (Ref:2536615)   #53
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouterM View Post
E-I reports the withdrawal from Racing Box: http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-2304.html

that is quite the development! Too bad for the Racing Box team, but congrats the the Quifel team.
Old 8 Sep 2009, 16:02 (Ref:2536621)   #54
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
That's a real blow........very disappointed!
Old 8 Sep 2009, 16:46 (Ref:2536639)   #55
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

A Big surprise, whats the reasoning behind the withdrawal?
Old 8 Sep 2009, 16:53 (Ref:2536641)   #56
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone here going to Lola tomorrow?
Old 8 Sep 2009, 17:10 (Ref:2536649)   #57
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
A Big surprise, whats the reasoning behind the withdrawal?
Budget problems.
Old 8 Sep 2009, 19:35 (Ref:2536706)   #58
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Budget problems.
********, i was looking forward to seeing Racing Box at Silverstone, not my favourite P2 team, that honour goes to WFR or Quifel, but its unfortunate that the team has had such bad luck over the past couple of year's, lets hope this wont happen again next year.
Old 8 Sep 2009, 19:38 (Ref:2536710)   #59
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
was it a wise decision to go with 2 cars into the season? .. I guess the drivers from the 2nd car might had funded the 1st one? ..

Ciao Marco
Old 8 Sep 2009, 21:36 (Ref:2536756)   #60
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
i believe Biagi brought a fair amount of cash from his sponsors with him did he not or is that just me?
i think one car is for pay drivers the other for the pro's, this is very unfortunate and will take away from the P2 battle for sure, P2 however will still be a great battle though.
Old 8 Sep 2009, 21:37 (Ref:2536758)   #61
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quifel ASM Team
LE MANS SERIES LMP2 CHAMPIONS

Old 8 Sep 2009, 21:59 (Ref:2536769)   #62
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone know, which teams will be in each garage yet?

Tom.
Old 9 Sep 2009, 00:50 (Ref:2536821)   #63
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Congrats to Quifel, shame that my favourite team in LMP2 had to end the season this way. Hopefully they find some more funding and come back next year.
Old 9 Sep 2009, 00:50 (Ref:2536822)   #64
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a shame RB couldn't enter at least 1 car to try and steal the title away from Quifel.
Old 9 Sep 2009, 21:45 (Ref:2537358)   #65
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wish they'd put the classics on Sunday morning instead of the Radicals - I've decided to go only on Sunday
Old 9 Sep 2009, 22:01 (Ref:2537366)   #66
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510 View Post
Wish they'd put the classics on Sunday morning instead of the Radicals - I've decided to go only on Sunday
as do i, im only going on Sunday as well, it would have been nicer if they at least had the Formula Le Mans in the morning, ive been looking forward to seeing FLM in action, looks like i will have to wait until next year, and next year to see the CER in action as well.
Old 9 Sep 2009, 22:05 (Ref:2537368)   #67
tux1234
Racer

tux1234 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heres hoping that Gigawave and Luc Alphand have a great battle in what will probably be the last Corvette v Aston Martin showdown with the current spec GT1's.

How does everyone rate Strakkas chances of getting a top 3 result this weekend?
Old 9 Sep 2009, 22:15 (Ref:2537377)   #68
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
as do i, im only going on Sunday as well, it would have been nicer if they at least had the Formula Le Mans in the morning, ive been looking forward to seeing FLM in action, looks like i will have to wait until next year, and next year to see the CER in action as well.
Surely there has to be a good reason for putting the CER and FLM guys on Friday and Saturday only? With a fantastic CER grid like that (looking forward to seeing that Matra!) I'd have thought they'd want to display some LM heritage on the race day...
Old 9 Sep 2009, 22:18 (Ref:2537380)   #69
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
CER has been on the Saturday for the last 3 years, for some reason. I noticed that FLM are racing in France next weekend, so maybe that's why they're not racing Sunday?
Old 9 Sep 2009, 22:35 (Ref:2537386)   #70
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnage arnie View Post
CER has been on the Saturday for the last 3 years, for some reason. I noticed that FLM are racing in France next weekend, so maybe that's why they're not racing Sunday?
It was held on the Saturday back in '05 too, when the main event was held on that day/night. Plus they had practice and qualifying for a whole F3/GT package that was racing on the Sunday too.

I remember at Donington they had the Radicals as well as CER on the Sunday. The LMS race went on past 6pm, though, and maybe they don't want to let that happen anymore...?
Old 9 Sep 2009, 22:53 (Ref:2537393)   #71
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I suspect CER get to be the 'feature' on the Saturday. From what I recall from Le Mans, the FLM was deadly, you ain't missing much! Think Formula Renault 3.5. Good on paper, but 3 laps, and you've seen it!
Old 9 Sep 2009, 23:12 (Ref:2537401)   #72
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How ironic, Quifel, a team that didn't last 3 hours at the LM24 gets glory the other way, by winning the championship by default.
Old 9 Sep 2009, 23:19 (Ref:2537404)   #73
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
ive been looking forward to seeing FLM in action
I'd heard there was one. With 4½ hours (that's half an hour per car) of track activity you'd hope someone's going to be entertained by them. The CER should more than make up for that, superb field if they all turn up and they've produced some good racing over the last couple of years.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 03:12 (Ref:2537474)   #74
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The CER races have been very good at all the races this year. The NRing had the largest number of cars - they closed the entries at either 65 or 66. Looking good for this weekend also, I think it's 56. The Ferrari 712 is back on the entry list - took pole at one of the races, but didn't finish the race, another time was also a dnf (Barcelona). The two 512's haven't been back in a couple races. The Howmet is also at Silverstone this weekend - that's a very different car for sure.

The driver autograph session Sunday morning will be a madhouse for sure at LNT and same at the Astons. Kolles is looking better each race, Andy is doing a terrific job during his stints.

It's hard to believe this is the last race of the season. The '10 schedule is suppose to be out the end of October.

Carol
Old 10 Sep 2009, 04:25 (Ref:2537489)   #75
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux1234 View Post
How does everyone rate Strakkas chances of getting a top 3 result this weekend?
Top 3? A good chance, certainly..........and an even better chance that Danny will put the car on pole!

As a precursor to Silverstone, there's an excellent Lap Of Silverstone With Danny Watts article which is free to view on Daily Sportscar.