Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 28 Jan 2004, 21:39 (Ref:854305)   #76
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Mexico city Promoter is up saying the same stuff, money loss, harmful to the economy. It looks as if all the track promoters that are in the courtroom will probably take a turn at the stand.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 21:41 (Ref:854310)   #77
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
wats the speed web address...for the forum?????
Old 28 Jan 2004, 21:44 (Ref:854316)   #78
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's www.champweb.net.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 21:48 (Ref:854318)   #79
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
thx
Old 28 Jan 2004, 21:49 (Ref:854319)   #80
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't the race promoters have to keep accounts that could be reviewed? And wouldn't they have figured all this money stuff out to show sponsors anyway? In the case of Toronto I know the figures were used when a local union tried to throw their usual strike threat into the middle of the race, when they counterthreatened to send in strikebreakers from the USA if anything was done, because the extra money would be worth it to the city to put on the race -- and also during the garbage strike last year. They don't pull those figures out of the air.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 21:49 (Ref:854320)   #81
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another update, from SPEED:

Updates:

TG lawyers have at the creditors, try to rip them to shreads saying there is no way they are making the kind of money they say they are but all the creditors hold their own . Doesn't look like the judge is buying into their ****. CW admin says there will be a funny story up on the website shortly too.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 28 Jan 2004, 21:53 (Ref:854323)   #82
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apparently their is a rumour going round the courtroom that Dingman is to sue OWRS for interference,because KK bough Patrick racing and gave it to Fittipaldi. I don't understand this at all, because they were business partners, why would Dingman be upset?

Also, things are looking good for OWRS, because the IRL can do little discredit the figures being presented by the promoters. The biggest thing IRL has against them is the $63m debt from CART Delaware, that the IRL would possibly owe if they purchases CART's assets. CART Delaware of course has said, if OWRS wins the bid, they will relieve OWRS of having to pay that debt. However if this debt isn't on the list of creditors sent to the court, than the IRL might be able to get around this.

Sounds to me like this $63m debt, was OWRS's ace in the hole. Maybe that is why they were so confident, and what allowed them to not by out CART, but rather let it declare bankruptcy and then buy it for cheaper. With a $63m debt, that would be passed on to the IRL, it seems to be making it VERY difficult for Judge Otte to make a decision in the IRL's favour.

Last edited by jjspierx; 28 Jan 2004 at 21:55.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 22:05 (Ref:854339)   #83
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ch@mpweb just reported OWRS has been granted the bid.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 22:05 (Ref:854340)   #84
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
It's over, OWRS was awarded ALL assets!!!!!
Old 28 Jan 2004, 22:08 (Ref:854345)   #85
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So when is the first race and what is the schedule now? (new thread for that?)

Last edited by Phoenix1; 28 Jan 2004 at 22:08.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 22:11 (Ref:854348)   #86
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
I imagine Long Beach will be the first race, as expected earlier. Also RA and Laguna Seca have both withdrawn their objections with transferring their contracts from CART to OWRS.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 22:11 (Ref:854349)   #87
EBTM
Rookie

EBTM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GGRRRRRRRRREEEEEEAAAAAATTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!

Old 28 Jan 2004, 22:12 (Ref:854352)   #88
SurfaceUnits
Racer

SurfaceUnits should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wooohooo!

Last edited by SurfaceUnits; 28 Jan 2004 at 22:14.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 22:12 (Ref:854353)   #89
SurfaceUnits
Racer

wooohooo! The judge said that if TiG was granted the sale that follow on lawsuits would never end.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 22:16 (Ref:854358)   #90
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
Now the next question is, how much did OWRS bid?
Old 28 Jan 2004, 22:18 (Ref:854360)   #91
ascarracinguk
Veteran

YESSSSSSS!

Last edited by Down F0rce; 28 Jan 2004 at 22:34.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 22:20 (Ref:854363)   #92
SurfaceUnits
Racer

www.wibc.com is interviewing Tony George in ten minutes

Last edited by Down F0rce; 28 Jan 2004 at 22:33.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 22:21 (Ref:854364)   #93
EBTM
Rookie

EBTM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just for the record... 2650 views to this thread @5:20PM Eastern

I counted up to 28 users logged on at a given time.

I guess we have a record!!
Old 28 Jan 2004, 22:24 (Ref:854370)   #94
ascarracinguk
Veteran

check out the other forums...speed had 108 and motorsport had about 50 or so....shows ppl still care
Old 28 Jan 2004, 22:28 (Ref:854377)   #95
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by ascarracinguk
check out the other forums...speed had 108 and motorsport had about 50 or so....shows ppl still care
Now they have to start voting with thier $$$$$$!
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 28 Jan 2004, 22:45 (Ref:854408)   #96
SurfaceUnits
Racer

Apparently the LOOSER decided not to talk, but here is a link to a recording I made of the local report from the courthouse

http://www.indyBooks.net/DATA/NewsReport.wav
Old 28 Jan 2004, 23:11 (Ref:854437)   #97
ascarracinguk
Veteran

hehe thought he wouldnt...this is the first time hes lost isnt it???
Old 28 Jan 2004, 23:11 (Ref:854438)   #98
Mags
Veteran

http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?id=69967

Good News Travels Fast!!!
Old 28 Jan 2004, 23:56 (Ref:854461)   #99
mitchie
Racer

Australia
mitchie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*does monty burns impersonation*
as a champ car fan, i am quite lost for words this morning, didnt sleep very well last night, and was very nervous when i connected to the internet this morning, but thankfully all has turned out well, and the series can get back to what it does best - bloody great racing
Old 29 Jan 2004, 00:13 (Ref:854470)   #100
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Let's get out of court, get cars on the track and go racing...couldnt have said it better myself!