Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 21 Aug 2021, 04:04 (Ref:4068189)   #326
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Toyota drivers were told to take it easier during the race thanks to the few incidents in practice and qualifying. I hope all their previous issues are sorted.
Old 21 Aug 2021, 11:45 (Ref:4068252)   #327
kartman24
Racer

kartman24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They can probably run a couple of seconds slower and still outpace the other Hypercars, should have had a BOP adjustment.
Old 21 Aug 2021, 12:35 (Ref:4068264)   #328
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartman24 View Post
They can probably run a couple of seconds slower and still outpace the other Hypercars, should have had a BOP adjustment.

as happened since 2018, likely toyotas would say goodbye to alpine and both 007 after the first 4-5 laps, then traffic will do the rest.
Old 21 Aug 2021, 12:41 (Ref:4068268)   #329
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, but there will be issues, I’m confident of that…..
Old 21 Aug 2021, 17:17 (Ref:4068600)   #330
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Toyota has a joker I hope they can change the rear wing. Make it more hypercarish...and not so LMP'ish. It woulk make a huge difference in the look of the car. Kind of like the original rendering way back when.

https://www.ultimatecarpage.com/img/...id-147033.html
Old 21 Aug 2021, 21:26 (Ref:4068959)   #331
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I must be in the minority, but I think it looks good as it is. Ok, livery isn't that imaginative, but shape is good!
Old 21 Aug 2021, 21:50 (Ref:4068981)   #332
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I must be in the minority, but I think it looks good as it is. Ok, livery isn't that imaginative, but shape is good!

to me gr010 is basically a fat lmp1, but to be honest I never found toyotas very good looking, last 2 seasons TS050 was so weird looking with that falling nose and those diveplanes looking like a bonnet...
Old 22 Aug 2021, 01:22 (Ref:4069231)   #333
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Well that is an interesting point because I think its JUST ABOUT there in the looks deparatment. Yes the livery could be better. But that rear wing is the component I finally put my finger on where it could make a huge difference in aestetic appeal if it was modified.
Old 22 Aug 2021, 03:29 (Ref:4069420)   #334
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel that Toyota seeing this thru and running LeMans (after the heavy hitters left); will continue to pay off.

I think Peugeot, Audi, & Porsche will be playing catchup for a few years.

Toyota has learned to be PRETTY darn reliable.
Old 22 Aug 2021, 10:07 (Ref:4069609)   #335
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I noticed that the car looks better at night, partially helped by the full light cluster being in lit, and it also looks better when dirty.
Old 22 Aug 2021, 10:50 (Ref:4069621)   #336
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Any idea what DDef could stand for? Deceleration default? Differential default?

Old 23 Aug 2021, 02:15 (Ref:4069889)   #337
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
It seems that Toyota's issues late race at LM weren't gearbox issues like we heard on the broadcast. The were having fuel pick up issues similar to what the #8 had at Monza. Difference here is that instead of taking an hour to fix it, they, one found a work around, and two, if they decided to fix it, it would've cost them about 25 minutes.

And if not for the work arounds, they would've lost the race by about 3-4 laps to Alpine instead of winning by 4 laps over them.
Old 23 Aug 2021, 04:38 (Ref:4069897)   #338
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
There's a video on facebook of #7 drivers celebrating, Kamui still in the car. Their gestures (pressing the button repeatedly and yelling "default! default! default!") make it very clear that whatever the "DDef" button is, it pretty much saved their race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
It seems that Toyota's issues late race at LM weren't gearbox issues like we heard on the broadcast.
Which broadcast? That's the first time I hear anything about gearbox. The "fuelling issue" was mentioned in Toyota #8 team radio on Sunday morning and was a constant talking point in the WEC broadcast and here at 10-10ths.
Old 23 Aug 2021, 04:53 (Ref:4069898)   #339
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I watched on MotorTrend (which carried Eurosport's coverage), and I kept hearing gearbox, though given that (IMO) some of the commentators didn't seem to understand what they were talking about, it's not surprising that they deduced gearbox just because one of the drivers asked or said something about it.

First I heard of it being a fuel issue was reading on here during a break from watching the race this morning. And though this probably would be a better fit for discussion in the TV coverage section, I also felt that the commentary teams didn't do a very good job of briefing each other during shift changes.
Old 23 Aug 2021, 08:17 (Ref:4069916)   #340
Coldasice
Rookie

Canada
Coldasice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Any idea what DDef could stand for? Deceleration default? Differential default?

I don't know exactly what it stands for, but I believe it is directly related to the fuel system counter-measure Toyota came up with. Here from Toyota's post-race press release:

https://toyotagazooracing.com/wec/re...78_from_pickup

Quote:
Nerves were stretched in the TOYOTA GAZOO Racing garage as the final quarter of the race approached. An issue on the fuel system of the #8 car prevented it completing full stints. Over consecutive fuel stops, it returned to the pits earlier each time as the team worked intensively to find a solution.

With four laps in hand over the third-placed Alpine, and no prospect of a quick repair, a remarkable team effort tested several options until an effective counter-measure was developed. The drivers had to activate a specific setting at defined points around the track to return the #8 car to normal stint lengths.

That proved even more crucial when the #7 developed a similar issue. Kamui and then José could quickly manage the situation and maintain a comfortable lead. Close communication between drivers and race engineers on both cars ensured the issue was kept under control.
DDef must have been used to activate the 'specific setting' (counter-measure) in order to maintain relatively reasonable stint lengths and stay on track. Also according to Toyota's press release, Akio Toyoda said that apparently Buemi helped come up with the counter-measure to the fuel system issue.
Old 23 Aug 2021, 08:27 (Ref:4069919)   #341
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nr 7 did iiit!

Fantastic win, it is even sweeter if you know that you had a nailbiting time for 6 hours! They could not solve the problem after Monza. Hope they can get it right for the future. Otherwise they seem to be bulletproof, which is a good sign for the future too.

In the TV coverage they really told there was a problem with the gearbox. Nakajima told in the radio he had vibration problems. Did we hear the radio well? What vibrations can you become when the fuel pump is in trouble?
Old 23 Aug 2021, 08:30 (Ref:4069921)   #342
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachinets040 View Post
In the TV coverage they really told there was a problem with the gearbox. Nakajima told in the radio he had vibration problems. Did we hear the radio well? What vibrations can you become when the fuel pump is in trouble?
I've seen Chernaudi say this too, but I never heard it, it was always the fuel pump issue (WEC comms). Perhaps Eurosport made a mistake?
Old 23 Aug 2021, 08:42 (Ref:4069924)   #343
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Finally #7 is lucky 7. Well done to Lopez, Conway and Kobayashi
Old 23 Aug 2021, 09:30 (Ref:4069935)   #344
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One thing to come out of the race for me is that the GR 010 is a beautiful machine. It looks so right around Le Mans.
Old 23 Aug 2021, 10:04 (Ref:4069948)   #345
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
I've seen Chernaudi say this too, but I never heard it, it was always the fuel pump issue (WEC comms). Perhaps Eurosport made a mistake?
I don't recall hearing it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
One thing to come out of the race for me is that the GR 010 is a beautiful machine. It looks so right around Le Mans.
For me, it's not a 'pretty' car, in the way that the Glickenhaus just looks 'right' and previous Toyotas in the past (TS010 and TS020) had killer looks. But it's definitely grown on me. A new livery other than the now very dull red, white and black could work wonders.
Old 23 Aug 2021, 10:09 (Ref:4069951)   #346
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn’t really care for the looks of it but then they wheeled it past me in the pit lane last Wednesday and it is a cool looking car up close, also a lot bigger than it looks on tv, sounds better than the previous V6 cars as well
Old 23 Aug 2021, 10:27 (Ref:4069959)   #347
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I don't recall hearing it either.

For me, it's not a 'pretty' car, in the way that the Glickenhaus just looks 'right' and previous Toyotas in the past (TS010 and TS020) had killer looks. But it's definitely grown on me. A new livery other than the now very dull red, white and black could work wonders.
Toyota should place a third car next year as an Artcar with lots of colours and designs. I could even imagine that car with drawings from children who are Toyota fans. It would be great!
Old 23 Aug 2021, 10:34 (Ref:4069962)   #348
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It would be good if they at least differentiated between the two cars, even if one was the opposite of the other. Teams like Proton show that you can have a 'generic' style but vary it from car to car and year to year.
Old 23 Aug 2021, 10:38 (Ref:4069963)   #349
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Wide mouth is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide.

But it's not by any means a dog. The big problem is the livery, but not due to the generic colours, it's the asymmetry that spoils the look.
Old 23 Aug 2021, 15:25 (Ref:4070014)   #350
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It would be good if they at least differentiated between the two cars, even if one was the opposite of the other. Teams like Proton show that you can have a 'generic' style but vary it from car to car and year to year.
I agree, i like inverse color schemes between cars as an option. Having two cars look the same with maybe a red mirror vs white mirror, makes it difficult to tell the difference if the number panels aren't easy to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Wide mouth is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide.

But it's not by any means a dog. The big problem is the livery, but not due to the generic colours, it's the asymmetry that spoils the look.
I noticed that for the first time this weekend too. And after I saw it, that is all i could notice!