Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 28 Feb 2004, 19:53 (Ref:888463)   #1
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For Those Who Can't Get Enough...

For those looking to get into the IRL spirit:

ESPN2 will be airing "The Fast Life...2004 IRL IndyCar Series". The one-hour show will highlight the personalities and lifestyles of the IndyCar drivers. It starts at 8 PM tonight.

Also, ESPN Classics, is featuring an IRL marathon from noon to 8 PM today. It will include highlights of the 03 Indy 500 from 6-7 PM.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 20:41 (Ref:888490)   #2
MLM
Veteran

MLM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got it on now.
The program on Motegi was really interesting....kind of like a "travelogue".
Old 29 Feb 2004, 02:13 (Ref:888765)   #3
MLM
Veteran

That "Fast Life" program was great fun (especially seeing some drivers in various states of...um, shall we say, "un-clothing", hehe . My goodness, I got the vapors during the Scheckter feature! I'll tell you one thing...he's definitely "my Boy" this year! hehe )

Great promo and publicity for the IRL....it highlighted the drivers personality (and, *ahem*, other assets . OK, I'll behave myself...for now )

Last edited by MLM; 29 Feb 2004 at 02:16.
Old 29 Feb 2004, 02:17 (Ref:888769)   #4
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it was actually pretty good, this is a format that IRL should use to push the series and make it more common household thing, Champcar could do much odf the same too, but...
Old 29 Feb 2004, 02:44 (Ref:888790)   #5
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by MLM
That "Fast Life" program was great fun (especially seeing some drivers in various states of...um, shall we say, "un-clothing", hehe . My goodness, I got the vapors during the Scheckter feature! I'll tell you one thing...he's definitely "my Boy" this year! hehe )

Great promo and publicity for the IRL....it highlighted the drivers personality (and, *ahem*, other assets . OK, I'll behave myself...for now )
I'm sure you got the "vapors", because of Scheckters, um, stats, right?

I thought it was a pretty good show also, and Jamie Little, the new pit-babe, actually seems to know her stuff. It's funny, when you see the drivers clowning around together, you realize, that all of the off-season stuff that bothered us so much, seemed not to bother them at all. There just happy to be doing, what there doing.

It made me believe that being a race car driver, is just alittle better than being a construction worker...
Old 29 Feb 2004, 02:53 (Ref:888798)   #6
MLM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
I'm sure you got the "vapors", because of Scheckters, um, stats, right?

Oh, of course! I hung onto every single word that was said in that feature,hehe.
(and if you believe THAT, I've got a new Lola I can sell to you...cheap,too! LOL )

BTW, wouldn't you LOVE to have Helio's Ferarri AND Lexus?

How many people do you suppose could LIVE in Greg Ray's garage? When they showed the neighborhood, I thought "McMansionville". That one house they passed looked like a mini French chateau!
Gee, life is sooooooooo rough for some people....I wish I had their problems (driving cool cars, lolling on the beach,etc... )

Last edited by MLM; 29 Feb 2004 at 02:56.
Old 29 Feb 2004, 06:16 (Ref:888868)   #7
jenna
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
jenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by MLM
That "Fast Life" program was great fun (especially seeing some drivers in various states of...um, shall we say, "un-clothing", hehe
oh. my. god. please don't tell me there was a show with drivers taking their shirts off and i missed it! i'm beyond inconsolable right now
Old 29 Feb 2004, 14:13 (Ref:889165)   #8
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
Quote:
Originally posted by jenna
oh. my. god. please don't tell me there was a show with drivers taking their shirts off and i missed it! i'm beyond inconsolable right now
Well, jenna, most of the drivers only took off their shirts... until Tony Kannan came on! Geez, I didn't think you could show that much on TV!
Old 29 Feb 2004, 16:34 (Ref:889250)   #9
MLM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
Well, jenna, most of the drivers only took off their shirts... until Tony Kannan came on! Geez, I didn't think you could show that much on TV!
Um, then you better not tell her about Tomas draped in only a towel.

Yes, jenna, we gals had something to DEFINITELY drool over last night (which is only fair since the guys have had trophy queens, grid girls, all those bikini clad girls at Surfer's paradise, Tecate girls,Danica Patrick, etc....for years! )
I'm so sorry you missed it.
All I can say is Helio, Tomas, and Tony looked HOT!

Here's to equal opportunity drooling!
Isn't it a great sport? (racing, of course!)

ps...I'm going to go back and look at what I taped last night. I missed taping the Helio part...darn...but I did get Tomas and Tony )

Last edited by MLM; 29 Feb 2004 at 16:37.
Old 29 Feb 2004, 21:43 (Ref:889476)   #10
jenna
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
well thank god, they replayed the show before the race this morning!! i'm thanking my lucky stars i didn't miss out on that display, actually i don't think i've recovered fully yet! TK looked beautiful as always, and he's so hilarious, you just gotta love him. also Sam Hornish looks great clean shaven. Tomas Scheckter is so divine i've been kind of sour on him since he took TK out in that race last year, but off the track my god that boy is TALENTED!!! i think they should make it a rule that he has to get around everywhere in just a towel
Old 29 Feb 2004, 21:45 (Ref:889479)   #11
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you think Tomas is so good looking, why did he have to pay for it......
Old 29 Feb 2004, 21:58 (Ref:889498)   #12
MLM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
If you think Tomas is so good looking, why did he have to pay for it......
He hasn't met jenna or me, yet!

That incident was about 3-4 years ago when he was REALLY young and dumb.
I must admit I thought that was a really dumb thing to do...I mean, with all the females which frequent the pits/paddock, you'd think TS could get it for free!
Let's hope he has grown, matured...and gained some sense!
He looked pretty good on track today (finishing 5th)....and used his head!

jenna, I'm so glad you got to see your Tony Girl,we may need to be hosed down! LOL I think the IRL should have MORE programs like this one.
(talk about "Up Close and Personal",hehe)
Old 29 Feb 2004, 22:18 (Ref:889524)   #13
jenna
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
i don't know about the incident you're talking about, but who cares if he did pay for it? as far as girls who frequent the tracks go, maybe he wanted to spend some time with a girl who wasn't a total groupie working her way up the track. generally i think guys (gods) like him would do it because regular girls are such a pain in the backside, paying for it is much more hassle free. so give him a break!
Old 29 Feb 2004, 22:20 (Ref:889526)   #14
jenna
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by MLM
He hasn't met jenna or me, yet!

after seeing that, you can bet he'll be meeting me in May!!
Old 29 Feb 2004, 22:36 (Ref:889540)   #15
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
Man, its got to be a living hell, to be a race car driver these days, always being chased down by lovely young ladies...

I swear, I don't know how they do it!

Danica Patrick
Old 29 Feb 2004, 22:38 (Ref:889541)   #16
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a tough job, but I guess someone has to do it
Old 29 Feb 2004, 22:57 (Ref:889556)   #17
MLM
Veteran

Quote:
i don't know about the incident you're talking about, but who cares if he did pay for it? as far as girls who frequent the tracks go, maybe he wanted to spend some time with a girl who wasn't a total groupie working her way up the track. generally i think guys (gods) like him would do it because regular girls are such a pain in the backside, paying for it is much more hassle free. so give him a break!
Not all regular girls are such a pain in the arse.

If memory serves me correctly, TS was arrested (I think this took place in London) and lost his job as Jaguar's test pilot. Not to mention the embarrassment of having this incident splashed in the pages of Autosport(and, I'm sure, other racing mags).....not very hassle free, unfortunately.
BUT, like I said, it happened 3-4 years ago. I'm sure TS has learned his lesson, like we all have from our youthful escapades....end of story.

I'm planning to come to Indy for Pole Weekend, jenna, and will be there with my Dad raceday.
When will you be there and for how long?

Yup,GP and Downforce, you've been at the track...it's really a tough life for them, eh? That's why the CART drivers REALLY hate (haha) going to Surfer's.

BTW, jenna, wonder if Tomas needs someone to take care of his towels.
I know I'd gladly volunteer,.

Last edited by MLM; 29 Feb 2004 at 23:01.
Old 29 Feb 2004, 23:03 (Ref:889557)   #18
jenna
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
i'll probably make the long long long trip on about 19th May, so i'll get to partake in all the festivities! (which will probably include a little bit of stalking )
Old 1 Mar 2004, 00:30 (Ref:889617)   #19
MLM
Veteran

Quote:
i'll probably make the long long long trip on about 19th May, so i'll get to partake in all the festivities! (which will probably include a little bit of stalking )
You might want to think about getting a garage (Bronze) pass. It entitles you to admission to the grounds AND the garage area ("Gasoline Alley"). It's $100 US but it's good for everyday during the month of May(from the 9th though the 29th) except race day.
If you're interested contact the Speedway...here's the info off of my application
phone: (317)492-6500 (I don't know the country code for the US and all that)
address:
Credentials
P.O. Box 24906
Speedway, IN 46224-0906
ps...I assume you're over 18
Old 1 Mar 2004, 12:33 (Ref:890009)   #20
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stalking? Those of us in Indy will let 'em know you're comin'!
Old 1 Mar 2004, 16:55 (Ref:890308)   #21
MLM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by indycool
hehe...don't worry,indycool,my bark is far worse than my bite. I mean, how much trouble can a teacher/tutor from Ohio
get into?

You know, I forget to ask the gents what they thought of "Jamie the Pit Reporter"....how rude of me!
Here we ladies have been going on and on about 1/2 naked(well, maybe I should say 2/3 naked, hehe )drivers and we really should devote some equal time (of depravity ) to the gents.
Old 1 Mar 2004, 17:51 (Ref:890379)   #22
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
Well, Jamie came off as very intelligent, smart, and serious. She really seemed to know what she was talking about! She made some good points and seemed to have the respect of the drivers. Her outfit was very conservative, proffessional, and business like.

All in all, very disappointing!

Danica Patrick
Old 1 Mar 2004, 18:03 (Ref:890394)   #23
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aw, MLM, us locals won't spoil you ladies' fun!

We didn't get to see Jamie like you gals did the drivers! I thought she did her homework and did well in the pre-race with set questions to ask, but thought she was a bit weak in calling live pit stops....particularly Wheldon's when he killed the engine and there was a lot of dead air. Probably the first ones she's called, though, and I thought she showed promise
Old 1 Mar 2004, 18:29 (Ref:890428)   #24
jenna
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by indycool
well i guess it's only fair to give them a bit of warning!
Old 1 Mar 2004, 18:40 (Ref:890444)   #25
indycool
Veteran

I'm sure they'll run and hide if we tell 'em "Ladies incoming." Somehow, I don't think they'll be all that bashful!