Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Oct 2003, 11:26 (Ref:748150)   #1
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brad Jones...

As a young forty year old race fan, I have seen a lot of stuff pass through the TV screen (or my eyes if I make a race), but today was a first...

I watched Larry hold up what seemed like endless people lap after lap. Then have the "gun" driver Stevo Richards go out and take out John Bowe.

Did Bowe block him lap after lap, I;m sure he did. But Steven didn't need to punt him off.

Then the justaposition of the camera between the Perkins and the Jones on air interviews.

Larry, you are unfortunately an fundamental orifice, and despite the wins or near wins you can't escape your personality flaw.

Brad, I was not a fan until today.

Well done.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 11:31 (Ref:748153)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did anyone else get the feeling that Bathurst was absolutely everything to Jones, anytime anyon pointed a microphone his way this week..?
Old 12 Oct 2003, 11:32 (Ref:748156)   #3
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree; I thought it was very considerate of Channel Ten to give Brad a chance to reply to Larry's, ahem, comments. I liked how he tried to sugar coat it and pay respect to Larry before he whipped out the axe Nice one Braddo
Old 12 Oct 2003, 11:34 (Ref:748159)   #4
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, he could have let loose, but chose to be diplomatic while the other party just gloated and grinned.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 11:36 (Ref:748163)   #5
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got to agree here as well. I have always liked Brad Jones and his demeaner during that interview was brilliant. Larry needs to have a good hard look at himself. We all know that JB is one of the best blockers in the business, and getting that close to the end of the race has every right to make his falcon as wide as the QE2 if he so wishes.
The best line i heard was from Cantos radio when he tried to go down the insid eof Larry at the end of pit straight and Larry shut the door "What the **** was that, silly old prick".

Well done Brad.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 12 Oct 2003, 11:38 (Ref:748166)   #6
Airhead
Veteran

Not bad commentary from Dean either!
Old 12 Oct 2003, 11:51 (Ref:748197)   #7
ford boy
Veteran

ford boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was some very good radio chat today i thought !
Old 12 Oct 2003, 12:10 (Ref:748217)   #8
Rhys_00
Racer

Rhys_00 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Brad, I was not a fan until today.
... Larry, I was a fan until today.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 12:17 (Ref:748222)   #9
Airhead
Veteran

There is no accounting for taste is there...
Old 12 Oct 2003, 12:42 (Ref:748255)   #10
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Geez Larry go back to the nursing home you old coot. Good team good bunch of guys fast car ......Silly ( yeah well what Canto said).

NICE ONE BRADLEY handled it superbly and with such manners,You must be proud.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 23:57 (Ref:748891)   #11
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brad Jones is a class act.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 00:30 (Ref:748903)   #12
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You need every type of personality giving there comments on TV as well as many of the driver comunications as possible as this will increase interest Channel 10 are learning.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 03:19 (Ref:748987)   #13
ozemailrox
Rookie

ozemailrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too, thought Brad Jones was very professional on the weekend and there should have been a drive through penalty (at least) for what was done to JB.
Congratulations to the Ozemail Team for their effort on the weekend and better luck next time.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 09:48 (Ref:749241)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I reckon Ozemail got way too much airtime for their race position.... Murf was a mile in front and was ignored, yet #10 kept highlinging the Jones/Bowe car, or BJ or JB in the pits at any available moment....

The whingefest on the teev at the end was a load of shyte and should not have been allowed to happen... might invoke one of those magical "bringing teh sport into disrepute" things in the Teams Licence Agreement.

Wasnt there supposed to be a sponsorship announcement for that team at Bathurst? :confused:
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 13 Oct 2003, 10:10 (Ref:749278)   #15
Gudgeon
Rookie

Gudgeon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR Magic you have again hit the nail on the head are you a carpenter in real life?
I agree that BJR got more than their fair share but then they always do. Brad is very articulate and knows how to Schmooze the Media. They gave a fancy cocktail party for the Bathurst Media over the weekend perhaps this and Kim being on the TEGA board may have helped the media think about them.
I did not agree with the hatchet job Brad did on Larry he showed no respect for his elders
Old 13 Oct 2003, 10:25 (Ref:749296)   #16
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A Bathurst Media Cocktail Party? GTR is media, isn't he? He is better than most of the media combined!

I would back what GTR said about the sponsor announcement.

Makes the whole fiasco sound like the quiet whispers of a desperate man.....!
Old 13 Oct 2003, 10:31 (Ref:749301)   #17
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
I reckon Ozemail got way too much airtime for their race position....
And I'm sure supporting sponsor Telstra Bigpond was very impressed by this
Old 13 Oct 2003, 11:57 (Ref:749397)   #18
kaos
Rookie

kaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I should know better than to poke my rookie head into this discussion but IMHO Brad Jones did his team proud, he didn’t spit and carry on although he was obviously gutted by what had happened. I would have thought that LP would have or should have known better than to flap his gums like he did.

I can’t say that I am BJ’s number 1 fan but I did develop some new found respect for him, as for Larry well I was a fan, and to think I only purchased his legends CD on Friday.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 21:24 (Ref:750226)   #19
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO Brad handled himself brilliantly and LP came off looking like an arrogant old fool. Hang in there Brad, every year you are a major contender for the 1000 and IMHO it's just a matter of time before you win the crown at the mountain.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 21:52 (Ref:750251)   #20
Deano
Rookie

Deano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am far from a BJR fan but the way I saw it, when the camera first went to BJ, while he was obviously gutted, he was reasonably philosophical. BJ only "put the boot in" when the camera came back to him after Larry mouthed off about JB blocking.

Must have been pretty hard to take after getting turned around himself by Tander, although Tander appeared to have the position.

Incidently, it seems to me that every time Brad gets in the commentary box it's a good time for Cromley and the gang to visit the toilet or have a smoke, 'cause boy that bloke could talk underwater.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 22:24 (Ref:750281)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
BJ wasnt on his pat malone when it came to failure though, ten-tenths own Mark Noske was shattered after the #9 car decided to have the oil and water mix inside the engine bay... they were in 3rd at the time, and likely to have been podium contenders on pace....

On top of the vision of his own car (that has to be ready for Indy next week!) getting a frontal rearrangement and another engine issue, Mark did very well to keep his chin up, despite the bad news.

I guess some people can take comfort from acquitting themselves well by driving the wheels off the thing, even if the end result isnt as you might like
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 14 Oct 2003, 02:32 (Ref:750397)   #22
GTV27
Veteran

GTV27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brad Jones aquitted himself incredibly well under very trying circumstances - a good bit of handling a difficult situation that his team, his sponsors, his family and his supporters can be proud of.

As for Larry Perkins, well if you can't say something nice about somebody, its best not to say anything, so I'll stay silent on that one.
Old 14 Oct 2003, 03:01 (Ref:750409)   #23
ozemailrox
Rookie

ozemailrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR, in case you havent noticed, the Ozemail team has not been that far up the front of the field for a while, what is wrong with them having media coverage?? Or would you rather it was you...because I dont see you working for any of the teams out there
Old 14 Oct 2003, 03:13 (Ref:750413)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
My point is not against Ozemail, more that the Kmart car that was pulling away from the field was largely ignored in deference to that team.

That is what sucked. Kmart obviously won, but I am betting didnt get the same time on the teev!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 14 Oct 2003, 03:22 (Ref:750418)   #25
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
aj_308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
probably the same thing for murf and craig in '96 GTR, unfortunately the people want to see where the action is, and although it was a tremendous drive i would rather see action than a lone vy..

Last edited by aj_308; 14 Oct 2003 at 03:30.