Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Jan 2023, 00:38 (Ref:4138954)   #376
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
But then Kimi was far prior to the Q1-2-3 era.. as was Glock.
Old 5 Jan 2023, 05:01 (Ref:4138958)   #377
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I think the Charles Pic (non 'racing') record is that in qualifying he never even once got out of Q1, with a best career qualifying position of 18th despite two full seasons trying.... although others failed to get out of Q1 in their entire career, Pic did it more often than any other.
This answer is getting very warm....
Old 5 Jan 2023, 17:43 (Ref:4139025)   #378
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe another clue:

The record was first established in 2006.
Old 5 Jan 2023, 18:14 (Ref:4139033)   #379
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
hmmmm.... the same year as elimination qualifying
Old 5 Jan 2023, 18:28 (Ref:4139035)   #380
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
The biggest gap with a team mate? Lost of the super licence like Ide?
EDIT: wont match the Pic example.

Last edited by Gerard C; 5 Jan 2023 at 18:49.
Old 5 Jan 2023, 20:30 (Ref:4139048)   #381
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Kimi was the first to hold the record.
Multiple drivers shared it then until the US GP, when Sato became the only holder of the record.
Old 6 Jan 2023, 07:22 (Ref:4139071)   #382
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Overtaking of the year? Had to others compadres as teammate, Ide and Yamamoto?

Last edited by Gerard C; 6 Jan 2023 at 07:28.
Old 6 Jan 2023, 07:45 (Ref:4139075)   #383
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
71 – Marcus Ericsson
Old 6 Jan 2023, 09:18 (Ref:4139078)   #384
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
59 for the next guy who could be a walk in the park, with AN Other the same number

Last edited by E.B; 6 Jan 2023 at 09:23.
Old 6 Jan 2023, 09:33 (Ref:4139079)   #385
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
59 for the next guy who could be a walk in the park, with AN Other the same number
Old 6 Jan 2023, 10:07 (Ref:4139083)   #386
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Fingers and toes trouble!
Old 7 Jan 2023, 07:57 (Ref:4139154)   #387
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Fingers and toes trouble!
If you're able to count to twenty, just do it three times… May be its time to reveal the right answer?
Old 7 Jan 2023, 08:16 (Ref:4139155)   #388
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
OK, one final clue before the answer is revealed:
Lance Stroll reached 60 at the 2022 Mexico City Grand Prix.
Old 7 Jan 2023, 08:39 (Ref:4139157)   #389
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Number of times eliminated in Q1?
Old 7 Jan 2023, 08:49 (Ref:4139165)   #390
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yes.

The reference to Pic is that he never got out of Q1.

Marcus Ericsson holds the record though.
Old 7 Jan 2023, 08:50 (Ref:4139166)   #391
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Would it be crashes we'd have Grosjean first…
Old 8 Jan 2023, 09:30 (Ref:4139232)   #392
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Yes.

The reference to Pic is that he never got out of Q1.

Marcus Ericsson holds the record though.
And in 2022 he won the Indy 500....
Old 8 Jan 2023, 10:58 (Ref:4139236)   #393
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
And in 2022 he won the Indy 500....
Works with at least one Japanese too.
Old 9 Jan 2023, 06:41 (Ref:4139283)   #394
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
This was the first correct answer posted.

S griffin - you have the honour of posing the next question......
Old 9 Jan 2023, 09:24 (Ref:4139309)   #395
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ok, give me time to think of one....
Old 9 Jan 2023, 09:33 (Ref:4139313)   #396
S griffin
Veteran

Mine’s BTCC related

Name the 8 drivers who first appeared in the NC TOCA Shootout or Tourist Trophy in the 90s, before subsequently appearing in the actual championship
Old 9 Jan 2023, 13:50 (Ref:4139348)   #397
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The 1977 London-Sydney Rally was the longest race ever. What's the second longest race?

(Hint: it's not the 1970 London to Mexico World Cup Rally or the 1974 London-Sahara-Munich World Cup Rally, and it's not on the English-language Wikipedia.)
Old 9 Jan 2023, 16:37 (Ref:4139381)   #398
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Pékin Paris may be?
Old 9 Jan 2023, 16:47 (Ref:4139384)   #399
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Pékin Paris may be?
This was going to be my guess. The Peking-Paris race of 1907 was 10,000 miles!

For S Griffin’s question, I remember one of them is Anthony Reid.

Edit - but that race is on Wikipedia so can’t be the answer!
Old 9 Jan 2023, 18:25 (Ref:4139409)   #400
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
He said not "in english language". How do you say Pékin? Beijing? Dont tell me you say Parigi!!