Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 May 2002, 14:20 (Ref:296607)   #1
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC WINS IN MONACO!! But is the championship really "wide open"???

WELL DONE DC!! (can't belive I'm saying this!!)
Old 26 May 2002, 14:22 (Ref:296609)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Never been a DC fan, but well done, your best win so far!
Old 26 May 2002, 14:29 (Ref:296622)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monaco can't be taken as indicative of anything as it's such a weird track. But good to know DC hung on for the win. Although I'd have preferred Montoya.
Old 26 May 2002, 14:29 (Ref:296623)   #4
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to DC. A masterful drive on a question mark of a car.

And about the WDC championship.....

Go Schumi !!!

Old 26 May 2002, 14:33 (Ref:296632)   #5
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Terrific drives from DC, HHF, and, of course... FISICHELLA!!!!! Forza Giancarlo!
Old 26 May 2002, 14:34 (Ref:296636)   #6
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to DC!!!!! A great win! Always good to see Montoya blowup, too bad TGF didn't suffer the same fate.

Also great job by Fisichella, Trulli and Frentzen. Good to see Trulli can actually drive a good race every now and then.

Bring on Canada, and go DC! (although I realize his chances here are slim)
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 26 May 2002, 15:27 (Ref:296674)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Monaco can't be taken as indicative of anything as it's such a weird track. But good to know DC hung on for the win. Although I'd have preferred Montoya.
Well done DC. But here's a thing.

The commentators said the TGF wouldn't worry too much now that his championship rival was out (JPM). And yet, which Wlliams driver has more wins?

I still question the "JPM is the greatest" line even if today was definitely not his fault.
Old 26 May 2002, 15:35 (Ref:296678)   #8
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrads DC. a great drive.
Old 26 May 2002, 15:40 (Ref:296680)   #9
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The thing that Ralf and JPM now ends on the same score really heat things up between the 2 and their fans...

Gentlemen...draw out your swords!

PS. Congrats DC, now all you need is to keep such performance up.
Old 26 May 2002, 15:47 (Ref:296685)   #10
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter, Peter, Peter... I don't think JPM would have been better than third today though, had he not gone out of the race with mechanical problems. TGF just looked too fast, and DC was too far ahead.

Masterful drive by DC. Thankfully that smoke we saw several times didn't cause DC's race to come to a premature end. Refreshing to see someone other than TGF take the 10 points for a change.
Old 26 May 2002, 16:21 (Ref:296728)   #11
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Great drive by DC, good to see someone other than TGF win. Also very pleased that Ralf has finally broken his Monaco jinx.

Unfortunately the championship isn't wide open because TGF still has a huge lead and Williams can't concentrate on one driver because they're both equal. Still, I think we needed a close race after what happened in Austria.

And while we're on the subject of the race, I dare anyone to praise Barrichello this weekend. Great job by Frentzen to hold on to that 6th place, which he deserved far more than Barrichello (who was, quite frankly, absolutely rubbish today).
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 26 May 2002, 16:38 (Ref:296737)   #12
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great 1 DC - im so rapt that he won, he drove a fantastic race today. Nice to see schumi senior beaten too
Speaking of being rapt..... WELL DONE MARK WEBBER - WHOOO HOOOO!!!!!Should of finished higher but im still very happy with his race & his season for that matter - hasn't it been great or what!
Old 26 May 2002, 17:10 (Ref:296750)   #13
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC really kept his head during the first 30 laps or so when Montoya,Michael and Ralf were almost within a second of his time and one slip could have cost him the lead.He did well and interestingly it seemed that the Mclaren Mercedes is still able to go easy on its tyres compared to the Williams. Both Williams were sliding all over the place prior to the first pit stops while DC was busy setting fastest laps.

As for the championship - unfortunately its all over. The only excitement will be to see if Williams can win the constructors title - they have the drivers to do it.
Old 26 May 2002, 17:25 (Ref:296758)   #14
Kenny W.
Racer

Kenny W. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

After 3 years on the forum, I get to use my 200th post congratulating DC on a well deserved win.
I can't say I expected it.
Anyway
Old 26 May 2002, 18:04 (Ref:296780)   #15
M Coupe
Racer

M Coupe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done to DC.

Good to see the stewards are using thier powers well, with both Massa and Barrichello getting penalties for bad driving, I couldn't believe Brundle saying Bernoldi had messed up when he got pushed off by Massa. Wonder who will get the first move back 10 places penalty, think Massa deserved it today. Hopefully someone will teach him to come off the brakes when the locks up.

Colin McRae 1968-2007
Old 26 May 2002, 18:38 (Ref:296810)   #16
Baby Spice
Racer

Baby Spice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vrooooooooooooommmmm!
Old 26 May 2002, 18:55 (Ref:296819)   #17
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Bernoldi had messed up"... was Brundle watching the same race as the rest of us?!?

Excellent overtaking by Enrique (go you good thing), once again proving his worth in that race. Too bad Massa messed up.
Old 26 May 2002, 19:26 (Ref:296853)   #18
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, another good piece of racing from Bernoldi now all he needs is to score a point...
I think it was Massa who breaked very late and pushed off Bernoldi but I think Brundle was saying that Bernoldi would have gone off anyway :confused:
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 26 May 2002, 21:19 (Ref:296939)   #19
Mantis13
Racer

Mantis13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A well deserved victory by DC. I thought for a minute that the puff of smoke coming from the engine would have ended his day. But is amounted to nothing and he was able to collected those ten points.
Old 26 May 2002, 21:36 (Ref:296952)   #20
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I just finished watching it on Tape delayed broadcast on ABC.

I realy wish I had seen it live, but HEY NOW!!!!You go DC!!!I am thrilled. On his best days, he's brilliant. I'm looking forward to Canada, and though I don't expect much, I'll still be cheering. All in all, a satisfying result.

And for the doubters, that wa his second Monaco win.
Old 26 May 2002, 22:14 (Ref:296977)   #21
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic job by DC, JPM showed his doubters he can stay of the wall, pity about the blow up, a 3 way battle to the finish would have been great.
Old 26 May 2002, 22:21 (Ref:296982)   #22
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done DC, he did a great job today.
I don't think the championship is "wide open". Perhaps in the second part op the championship we will feel like it is open for Williams drivers, but I think it's closed and designed for the Nº1 Ferrari of Michael Schumacher.
Old 26 May 2002, 22:24 (Ref:296987)   #23
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Congrats to DC!!!! Great great job! Best GP of his career. I am thrilled for DC yet feel sad for JPM as he drove his heart out. I cant believe how DC and JPM were able to extract the laptime that they did out of these trucks in the qualifying session. Ferrari was on another planet today yet thanks to JPM blocking MS, DC was able to get the job done.

Old 26 May 2002, 22:29 (Ref:296992)   #24
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

f1grandprixshop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
now thats racing DC!

7650-wallpaper Yahoo! Groups - F1 Wallpapers for your Nokia phones
Old 26 May 2002, 23:01 (Ref:297021)   #25
Bibendum
Racer

Bibendum should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow. Puffs of smoke: that was nerve-racking. But DC was there at the end, and I must say I'm delighted to see McLaren able to pull it off. As for the "light fuel load at the start" which enabled him to pass JPM...evidently not! He just made a fabulous start which, after last year, he deserved. John Watson (on ABC, in the US) is...tolerable. I am sure there are Danny Sullivan fans out there, but I have to say, what a tedious prat; he was definitely the Jason Priestly of this race. However, in terms of cameras and shot selection, this was one fabulous GP from us ABC-consumers' point of view. It makes me sad that we can't get Bernie's box in the US... All the in-cars -- those battles in superb perspective, and really excellent replays of critical moments. I shall watch the Speed replay next weekend (girlfriend's out of town at the moment, and she's a DC fan, so she'll be eager to watch), to compare.