Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 12 Dec 2004, 09:33 (Ref:1177470)   #51
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4 x 3 inch screen does not sound very promising,and I doubt that it would work at all on my ancient PC. Though I hope to have a new one before the start of the season,and we are promised broadband by July 1st.
Old 12 Dec 2004, 10:53 (Ref:1177512)   #52
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is also LIVE Timing, because I watched it during the free races at the start of the year.
Old 12 Dec 2004, 14:31 (Ref:1177601)   #53
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've put a call in to some people who should be able to shed some light on the situation with British Eurosport - and I'll report back here if I hear anything concrete.
Old 5 Jan 2005, 19:46 (Ref:1193927)   #54
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This should be interesting - from January 10th Eurosport2 will be available via the digital cable provider I have here in Sweden. It's going to replace Eurosport News.

I currently don't have Eurosport News selected in my customised package (if I had I would have gotten Eurosport2 automatically), but I'll make sure to get it included so I get it in February (all changes made to customised packages are carried out at the end of each month).

It's being describes as "...will give the viewers more choices, in-depth features and the chance to see even more LIVE sports focused on winter sports, tennis and motorsports."

Just a shame we'll have to wait until April 10th to see how Eurosport plan on doing with their Champ Car coverage, but then again, I'm happy I'll be all set well in time for the season to start
Old 5 Jan 2005, 20:13 (Ref:1193950)   #55
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sadly, I understand only seven races are planned to be live.

I'm not happy about this - given that I had every race live in 2004.
Old 5 Jan 2005, 20:15 (Ref:1193952)   #56
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Off-topic, but there has still been no word regarding Canada's package...
Old 5 Jan 2005, 20:17 (Ref:1193956)   #57
Kicking-back
Veteran

Sadly not.

I can understand your frustration.
Old 5 Jan 2005, 21:06 (Ref:1193981)   #58
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Sadly, I understand only seven races are planned to be live.

I'm not happy about this - given that I had every race live in 2004.
Really? I thought one of the conditions was that Eurosport was to show all races live?

Well, if there are races that aren't shown live, I hope they are at least shown in full a few hours later, tape delayed.

Also, are MotorsTV going to lose their coverage or something?
Old 5 Jan 2005, 21:46 (Ref:1194025)   #59
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
Really? I thought one of the conditions was that Eurosport was to show all races live?

Well, if there are races that aren't shown live, I hope they are at least shown in full a few hours later, tape delayed.

Also, are MotorsTV going to lose their coverage or something?
Yep........but there's always race director as a backup!

Only the fact I knew Motors TV would be showing the races on time last year stopped me from getting it, but this development, coupled with the ability to watch the races when I'm on my laptop at Uni will swing the decision RD's way this year!

Clever old Champcar, they accepted Eurosports outbidding for Champcars, now they'll accept yet more money from frustrated Eurosport viewers rushing to the race director in droves...

Who says the Trioka aren't good businessmen!
Old 5 Jan 2005, 21:53 (Ref:1194032)   #60
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lose one series, gain another (Aussie V8's). I'm not sure that's a fair trade off. The 'European' public are more discerning - and if they don't get a decent opportunity to watch the series, they'll abandon it.

Okay, if the series itself was fantastic like it was a few years ago...better effort would be made - but tape delayed highlights of uninteresting races won't cut it. I doubt I'll switch to Race Director - if they turn that one race trial on, I'll see if it's worth it - but cutting up bandwidth to watch a race on my monitor isn't my idea of fun.

Hopefully the 'not live' races will be tape delayed by not much, and full events. What I can't stand is 'edited' highlights...I'd much rather have the full race at 5am (hey, I have a VCR!) then 45 mins in prime time.

I won't forgive Eurosport for that race in 2003, where I sat watching a tape delay of a rain prevented start for about 1hr 30 - just to find out the live race had already taken place!!!