Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Jun 2005, 21:49 (Ref:1335154)   #1
awegrzyn
Racer

awegrzyn has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Pescarolo.

Not that many people talks about the Pescarolo team and how good they were in the race. I don't think there was a car in LMP1 that ever came up from the 16th place all the way to be on the same lap as the leader. They made the race very interesting. With 150 laps to go they were catching 5 sec per lap on average. I knew on early Sunday morning that with this speed they will catch up to the Audi. What a race. Someone should write an articel about them, because they were great. I hope they will be there next year.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 21:53 (Ref:1335159)   #2
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Amen to that...

their game-plan was to go like hell and keep everything crossed - how bizarre that it's almost the opposite of how Pesca himself approached the race!

I think they added immeasurably to the race - great drama and some stunning driving...

Considering the relative sizes of the teams, budgets etc etc etc, they did amazingly...

Those considerations aside, they did amazingly!

Once more, we bow down to the Frenchman with the beard...

Hope to see them next year with better luck
Old 20 Jun 2005, 22:25 (Ref:1335199)   #3
Svierge
Racer

Finland
Bucks/UK
Svierge has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yep, they did a great job. We were watching our race on the monitors but were keeping an eye on the Pescarolo all the time - whenever it was close to an Audi on track you could see how much faster it was in every sector. Such a shame they had problems early on.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 22:28 (Ref:1335204)   #4
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I think the expectations built up around Pescarolo have distracted people from just how well they did. 2nd place against three Audis is fantastic.

(PS Hello, Martin - great commentary over the weekend, it kept my Eurosport vigil highly entertaining.)
Old 20 Jun 2005, 23:37 (Ref:1335299)   #5
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote from awegrzyn: "I don't think there was a car in LMP1 that ever came up from the 16th place all the way to be on the same lap as the leader."

What about the Champion car and Veloqx #8 in 2004? Both taken out and dropping past 30th place if I recall, only to come back and finish 3rd and 5th overall. Maybe not quite up to the lead lap, but quite an achievment.

But, all credit to Pescarolo. He did exactly what he needed to do to be competitive this year, which was to bring a hybrid. And they ran brilliantly and deserve that podium.

But I'm not sure enough credit is being given to the Audi teams either. They were very competitive despite the laundry list of restrictions.

All in all, a great race.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 02:46 (Ref:1335401)   #6
awegrzyn
Racer

awegrzyn has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Not to mention I did not sleep, because of them when I started to calculate and recalculate.