Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 11 Jan 2023, 13:04 (Ref:4139699)   #301
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
55 recently was crowded, 57 without many teams that will break in the first few laps will give flaggers tennis elbow
Old 11 Jan 2023, 13:18 (Ref:4139704)   #302
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
55 recently was crowded, 57 without many teams that will break in the first few laps will give flaggers tennis elbow
I'll gladly pay that price!

And last year's Petit had 45 or 46 cars on track I believe.
Old 11 Jan 2023, 15:39 (Ref:4139734)   #303
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
WTR livery:

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/w...arx-06-livery/
Old 11 Jan 2023, 23:01 (Ref:4139780)   #304
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Given how much they teased this, one would think they could've put in a little more effort with the livery reveal than a single (and frankly, uninteresting) side profile shot.

Looking forward to the roar.
Old 11 Jan 2023, 23:19 (Ref:4139782)   #305
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Roar entry list has been released by IMSA today. Have TGM not realized what class they've entered for this season? Yikes.

Full entry list -> https://www.imsa.com/wp-content/uplo...try-List-1.pdf
Old 11 Jan 2023, 23:30 (Ref:4139784)   #306
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
24 cars for the inaugural VP Challenge race...

https://www.imsa.com/wp-content/uplo...try-List-1.pdf

...and a typically strong entry for MPC (43 cars).

Last edited by fergus_r; 11 Jan 2023 at 23:42.
Old 11 Jan 2023, 23:37 (Ref:4139785)   #307
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
24 cars for the inaugural VP Challenge race...

https://www.imsa.com/wp-content/uplo...try-List-1.pdf

...and a typically strong entry for MPC (43 cars)
https://www.imsa.com/wpcontent/uploa..._EntryList.pdf
fergus, it looks like the MPC entry list you linked is broken, but I found one that works from the IMSA competitors page -> https://www.imsa.com/wp-content/uplo..._EntryList.pdf

But Wow! I Wasn't expecting Bob Stallings and Gainsco to come back into motorsport, much less IMSA. That's really cool to see...apparently in support of Courtney Crone who came through IMSA's development program.
Old 12 Jan 2023, 07:16 (Ref:4139814)   #308
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Roar entry list has been released by IMSA today. Have TGM not realized what class they've entered for this season? Yikes.
8 cars in GTD Pro, 25 cars in GTD. A top 8 finish sounds quite tempting?
Old 12 Jan 2023, 13:11 (Ref:4139858)   #309
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
8 cars in GTD Pro, 25 cars in GTD. A top 8 finish sounds quite tempting?
I like those odds better! And likely one or two of the other cars are going to have an issue, or contact, so even better for them!
Old 12 Jan 2023, 13:47 (Ref:4139865)   #310
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
The decision was based on fewer driving times requirements I believe (and possibly a demand from IMSA to let them in over KCMG in the same class??).
Old 12 Jan 2023, 15:55 (Ref:4139900)   #311
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post

Full entry list -> https://www.imsa.com/wp-content/uplo...try-List-1.pdf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
The decision was based on fewer driving times requirements I believe (and possibly a demand from IMSA to let them in over KCMG in the same class??).
Exactly that, plus greater chance of podium in class with fewer cars, a LOT fewer. Starting rules are different as well re qualifying vs starting driver and the minimum for the Bronze is not in the GTD-Pro regs but is in the GTD, I think.
Old 12 Jan 2023, 15:56 (Ref:4139901)   #312
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Caddy stole the Velocity Yellow car I guess

Rest of the liveries from S365
Old 12 Jan 2023, 17:04 (Ref:4139917)   #313
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Caddy stole the Velocity Yellow car I guess

Rest of the liveries from S365
They look great! Way better than the liveries Ganassi ran last year or in testing. The 02 car looks like the WTR Andretti Acura.

edit: I wonder what the JDC porsche will look like? stick with Mustang Sampling? Seeing a yellow proto will just remind me of their old livery.

Last edited by joeb; 12 Jan 2023 at 17:46.
Old 12 Jan 2023, 18:35 (Ref:4139937)   #314
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I missed this earlier, but Ford CEO Farley is entering the VP race at Daytona:

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/vp-rac...ff-at-daytona/

Great to see him involved and having fun with some racing.
Old 12 Jan 2023, 19:44 (Ref:4139951)   #315
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Sorry, I haven't been following sports car racing as much as I should have the last couple years so this may be a dumb question (it feels like the kind of thing I would have been heavily invested in years ago and would be the guy answering the question).

When seeing the Cadillac liveries (which look bad-ass BTW), I see that the IMSA cars say GTP on them, whereas the WEC car says Hypercar. I understand that these classes can race together per BOP (ah, BOP, the reason I've watched less sports car racing than I used to...), but are these Cadillacs in fact different from one another? Because GTP and Hypercar have a different set of rules, right? Am I overthinking this, or is there something going on here?
Old 12 Jan 2023, 20:15 (Ref:4139960)   #316
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Nope, same cars just branding exercise. In theory they should run same BoP but we know how that goes. Hypercar includes LMDh and LMH together as dual rulesets under that umbrella, so far GTP means only LMDh as no LMH cars have declared and been accepted for IMSA
Old 12 Jan 2023, 20:26 (Ref:4139963)   #317
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They are the same. Built to LMDh regulations. GTP and Hypercar are the category names in IMSA and WEC.
Old 12 Jan 2023, 21:15 (Ref:4139968)   #318
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Thanks for the answers. Am I mistaken, or is it true per the rules that a Hypercar built to the maximum allowable rules would on paper dominate a GTP also built to the maximum spec of those rules? Or am I completely mistaken and LMDh are an overarching set of rules that both Hypercar and GTP are built to, and that the only thing allowing them to be competitive with one another is the dreaded BOP?
Old 12 Jan 2023, 22:23 (Ref:4139981)   #319
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Hypercar was slower than DPi at Sebring last year and GTPs were reportedly faster in early testing than DPi so not sure. But part of the regs for Hypercar is a target pace so that limits the car, if they built a Porsche 919 Evo yes probably faster but GTP could probably be faster as well unrestricted.

LMDh is GTP, aka DPi 2.0; Hypercar (LMH) is the FIA regs set and begat the Toyota, Glickenhaus and Pug last season. Think before the still born Aston Martin they would have been far faster but ACO seems to love slower and slower each evolution before the teams claw it back

At least as far as I can remember and have distilled between the lines
Old 12 Jan 2023, 22:41 (Ref:4139984)   #320
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
GTP BoP out, appears to be mostly maintaining engine power max via RPMs.

BMW 8000, Porsche 8158, Caddy 8800, Acura 9512 for max of 572 hp at 1030kg. Same "fuel load" and refuel time

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/i...for-gtp-class/
Old 13 Jan 2023, 07:11 (Ref:4140007)   #321
Mike E
Veteran

Not sure that max power is right. I'm also not sure I know how to read a BoP table but it looks like they all achieve 500kW (670hp) at 95% of max revs. Which is what they should be doing.

https://www.imsa.com/competitors/202...cal-bulletins/
Old 13 Jan 2023, 13:03 (Ref:4140036)   #322
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Is the extra the power output of the hybrid system? Was just going by the article statements

Nope, it was updated to reflect the above 670 hp
Old 13 Jan 2023, 13:37 (Ref:4140043)   #323
Mike E
Veteran

That makes more sense. The 670hp can be achieved by ICE alone or by ICE+hybrid. But it may not be exceeded. It's up to the car's brain to juggle the two power sources. Hybrid deployment reduces fuel consumption. And I guess it could be used to smooth out torque delivery.
Old 13 Jan 2023, 13:46 (Ref:4140044)   #324
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Also could make BoP a bit easier, the old Caddy launches better and dominant at Long Beach vs Acura more consistent at twists without heavy acceleration. Hopefully it's better than my old work CMaxx, great for economy compared to he 3cyl Escape but smoothness was not its strength
Old 13 Jan 2023, 15:56 (Ref:4140066)   #325
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Basically, a trade off. Well, you can't have everything, but you can get pretty close.