Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 15 Apr 2023, 18:54 (Ref:4151649)   #401
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3_Fan View Post
The S365 notebook talk about potential current teams interested in the Ford Mustang. I'm already speculating Weathertech and Heart of Racing myself. Just a guess.

I wouldn't think those two would be tops on the list there, Heart of Racing seems to be the only team getting decent AMR support and they run lots of them. Is Weathertech still running with Proton support for the MB as they had, or did they build up a race team themselves with Proton being a bit GTP busy?
Old 28 Apr 2023, 21:35 (Ref:4153419)   #402
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Some classic GTPs

They didn't tell us they were running so the pictures were quick from the hip at the site. The Nissan ain't running, owned by the guys who run the Intrepids. The 962 is running
Old 29 Apr 2023, 02:22 (Ref:4153441)   #403
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
parade laps? 2x2 seems cool.
Old 29 Apr 2023, 13:41 (Ref:4153543)   #404
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Had to work yesterday, so I couldn't go to the Mitty. Really love the ole cars. I remember all too well when that GTP Nissan dominated.
Old 29 Apr 2023, 15:10 (Ref:4153585)   #405
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice.

And gives me an excuse to say I once got overtaken by a Nissan GTP into Les Combes in the rain.

Old 29 Apr 2023, 15:52 (Ref:4153606)   #406
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's one of the reasons I currently own two 300ZX Twin Turbos.
Old 30 Apr 2023, 19:44 (Ref:4153897)   #407
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
It's one of the reasons I currently own two 300ZX Twin Turbos.

Nice to know turbos are still popular with some
Old 1 May 2023, 14:16 (Ref:4154017)   #408
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Looked like some IMSA testing this week at Road Atlanta. Vette team hauler in the entry lanes and passed a Michelin truck on the way out yesterday.
Old 1 May 2023, 15:53 (Ref:4154038)   #409
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Looked like some IMSA testing this week at Road Atlanta. Vette team hauler in the entry lanes and passed a Michelin truck on the way out yesterday.
GT3 test?
Old 1 May 2023, 19:25 (Ref:4154057)   #410
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Lots of tires for just a test of the GT3 program, full 53' Michelin truck
Old 1 May 2023, 19:57 (Ref:4154062)   #411
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Eh, depending on what truck it was, it could be carrying all the equipment as well, and then like 4-5 sets or something. Do you remember if it was a cool looking split trailer, or a generic box on wheels?

Also possible the truck would leave the test and go straight to Laguna.

It's also possible other teams might show up, even if it's a prototype c8 gt3.
Old 1 May 2023, 21:15 (Ref:4154072)   #412
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Full livery sleeper truck with trailer but looked like the usual truck and trailer without any cool cutouts or panels. I assumed an IMSA test and Corvette was just the first to show up.

There were kicking out any overnighters after Mitty by 6 am so assuming that meant track rental starts at 8 and you better be out before
Old 1 May 2023, 22:12 (Ref:4154080)   #413
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
All the units are sleepers and fully wrapped, but regular ol freight trailer would be a lot of tires for a single team test in the gt3 era.

They also service David Murray track days and another track day promoter that I can't remember (maybe Apex?). But Corvette being there is definitely something imsa would track or at least be aware of. The imsa page used to publish a testing schedule but I lost the link or they took it down a couple years ago.
Old 2 May 2023, 13:04 (Ref:4154176)   #414
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
All the units are sleepers and fully wrapped, but regular ol freight trailer would be a lot of tires for a single team test in the gt3 era.

They also service David Murray track days and another track day promoter that I can't remember (maybe Apex?). But Corvette being there is definitely something imsa would track or at least be aware of. The imsa page used to publish a testing schedule but I lost the link or they took it down a couple years ago.
That all makes sense. They obviously do more than just run the series. Wonder what Corvette will get out of it? Obviously IMSA will be looking on at that. Shame we get no more info than that
Old 2 May 2023, 14:22 (Ref:4154197)   #415
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Andretti adding GTD Aston from Laguna

https://www.imsa.com/news/2023/05/02...nto-gtd-class/

Not all races and running Jarett and Gabby Chavez so guessing not Petit or Glen as think they're in a P3 there
Old 3 May 2023, 09:19 (Ref:4154293)   #416
S griffin
Veteran

Wonder why they've added Aston too? Some deal with the F1 team? But they've got a decent driver lineup there and I can understand them running a limited programme
Old 3 May 2023, 13:17 (Ref:4154323)   #417
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Andretti adding GTD Aston from Laguna

https://www.imsa.com/news/2023/05/02...nto-gtd-class/

Not all races and running Jarett and Gabby Chavez so guessing not Petit or Glen as think they're in a P3 there
Are they just looking to keep in another class once P3 goes away?
Old 3 May 2023, 13:30 (Ref:4154326)   #418
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
That's what I would guess and the Andretti goal of world racing domination
Old 3 May 2023, 21:51 (Ref:4154397)   #419
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bye bye LMP3:
https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/l...-championship/
I think this is a good decision, these LMP3s aren't much faster than GT3s and with growing GTP field I don't suppose IMSA needs to worry about entries.
Old 3 May 2023, 22:25 (Ref:4154401)   #420
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
More importantly is LMP2 through at least 2025 from last month, LMP3 teams have plenty out there to choose from and WEC teams can now go ELMS or IMSA with their cars for a couple more years too

That will likely be similar car numbers as now with more LMP2s running in a better gap to GTs
Old 4 May 2023, 13:08 (Ref:4154467)   #421
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
That's what I would guess and the Andretti goal of world racing domination
Yes, there's rarely a top motorsport series Andretti's team has not got their foot into. Apart from F1, but that might change soon. But fair play to them, if they've got the means to do it, that's up to them
Old 4 May 2023, 13:24 (Ref:4154469)   #422
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
Bye bye LMP3:
https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/l...-championship/
I think this is a good decision, these LMP3s aren't much faster than GT3s and with growing GTP field I don't suppose IMSA needs to worry about entries.
I hope we'll see a few of the current P3 runners step up to P2. There should not be a shortage of available P2 cars for 2024!
Old 5 May 2023, 06:40 (Ref:4154547)   #423
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Minor BOP adjustments for Laguna Seca:
https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/i...r-laguna-seca/
Old 5 May 2023, 12:07 (Ref:4154594)   #424
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
Minor BOP adjustments for Laguna Seca:
https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/i...r-laguna-seca/
I always wonder what data the series is looking at when making these small changes. 4kg off the BMW and 3kW of power reduction to match. What does that equate to on a lap of Laguna Seca?
Old 5 May 2023, 12:33 (Ref:4154620)   #425
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
2023 IMSA Season

This whole BoP thing just drives me crazy. Takes all of the power and skills of the teams out of the picture. The better they make their product perform the more they bet BoPed for it.