Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 28 Mar 2013, 18:05 (Ref:3226086)   #101
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
erm, anyone worked out what they're attempting to do with that livery yet?
It says 911 50 when looked at from above, pretty straight forward.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 18:10 (Ref:3226089)   #102
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
It says 911 50 when looked at from above, pretty straight forward.
ahh, gotcha - thanks!
Old 28 Mar 2013, 18:20 (Ref:3226096)   #103
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah! Just saw a picture from above. Looks nice.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 18:22 (Ref:3226099)   #104
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Distinctive livery. Not what I was expecting but then again I have no idea what I was expecting.

Can't wait to see it in a couple of weeks.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 18:43 (Ref:3226109)   #105
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
One car has a gray livery , the other is red ..... even the drivers boots kinda match up . Seems to me that this will be the livery , which I like as I always think a white Porsche looks best .

Refueling nozzle moved to more easily reachable position ..... lot of thought gone in here , as was mentioned before .

Excellent looking machine , love the low headlights , looks like a front downforce idea ..... delighted with it .
Old 28 Mar 2013, 18:54 (Ref:3226115)   #106
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
One car has a gray livery , the other is red ..... even the drivers boots kinda match up . Seems to me that this will be the livery , which I like as I always think a white Porsche looks best .

Refueling nozzle moved to more easily reachable position ..... lot of thought gone in here , as was mentioned before .

Excellent looking machine , love the low headlights , looks like a front downforce idea ..... delighted with it .
They have also put another refuelling nozzle on the other side, which is covered by a panel.

I have also noticed that on the steering wheel they have a button labelled 'PTP' which to me must stand for 'Push To Pass' and there is a switch on the centre console labelled 'Launch Control Pos.'

The RSR also has the rescue hatch like on the 991 Cup car.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 18:55 (Ref:3226116)   #107
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks good. Waiting for Silverstone is getting harder by the day though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
One car has a gray livery , the other is red .....
They both have the same basic livery, only details are different (rear wing, windshield sticker and mirrors colours).
Old 28 Mar 2013, 20:56 (Ref:3226158)   #108
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don´t like it, maybe on the track looks better. Felbermayr, Prospeed and Flying Lizards had fabulous liveries in the past, maybe they´ve set a very high standard.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 01:36 (Ref:3226231)   #109
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Livery seems to be saying "title sponsor wanted (perhaps also for 2014 ;)"

Despite that 50/911 thing (similar to Audi putting their cars full of their own stickers), I can't believe they'd turn down any sponsor who came to them and offered BIG enough bag money.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 01:45 (Ref:3226232)   #110
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I apologize for being off topic, but has anyone come across some high definition shots of the car yet ?
Anything above 3200x1080 would do, I just want to put this beauty as my wallpaper

Thank you.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 01:52 (Ref:3226235)   #111
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
I apologize for being off topic, but has anyone come across some high definition shots of the car yet ?
Anything above 3200x1080 would do, I just want to put this beauty as my wallpaper

Thank you.
Try this magic tool one picture at the time: http://www.google.com/imghp?sbi=1

Here are at least 1600x1200: http://www.netcarshow.com/porsche/2013-911_rsr/
Old 29 Mar 2013, 01:58 (Ref:3226237)   #112
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I don't like the livery too much... I like minimalism, but this is too minimal to me. Oh well... the car and chassis itself looks great, though! Looking forward to seeing this up close in person at the 24 Hours of Le Mans and the 6 Hours of COTA.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 04:35 (Ref:3226266)   #113
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I think the car looks great but Im gonna jump on the 'the livery is average' bandwagon and rightly so, its nice to celebrate 50 years of the 911 but theres nothing emotive or something that pulls on the heart strings and compels you to look again. And theres probably going to be some out there who think that just because Im a Ferrari fan Im just having a crack at Porsche but Im not, Ive been keenly looking forward to the official launch and that livery is pretty disappointing, was hoping for something a bit more recognizable as far as Porsche history goes.

So this is the WEC livery or a special launch livery? Hopefully a one off.

Shouldve done something with Mobil and those colors like the GT1 now that was recognizable.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 04:51 (Ref:3226268)   #114
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Video of the launch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLJKP4FEVYU
Old 29 Mar 2013, 05:01 (Ref:3226269)   #115
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Shouldve done something with Mobil and those colors like the GT1 now that was recognizable.
Is it big enough sponsorship deal to warrant a livery? I think not.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 05:49 (Ref:3226273)   #116
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
The 997 made its debut at the Spa 24 in 2006, again with Manthey, and again not really festooned with any kind of sponsor-related livery. I'm pretty sure the investment in a works GTE programme this year will be getting recovered from 2014 onwards when the car goes on sale for customers.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 07:45 (Ref:3226278)   #117
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Well its a Manthey car so lets just paint it green or yellow or put a gummi bear on either side No complaints there.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 09:47 (Ref:3226305)   #118
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Livery seems to be saying "title sponsor wanted (perhaps also for 2014 "

Despite that 50/911 thing (similar to Audi putting their cars full of their own stickers), I can't believe they'd turn down any sponsor who came to them and offered BIG enough bag money.
The difference is of course, that Audi don't have a model that is celebrating it's 50th anniversary (a feat in motoring history). If you look back to the 70's you will see that Porsche was racing with Porsche+Audi all over their cars, so it's not really an Äudi thing".
Old 29 Mar 2013, 12:07 (Ref:3226331)   #119
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like the livery, it would probably look better with less carbon on the front fender (looks a bit like a big mouth), but overall it's ok.

Quote:
Try this magic tool one picture at the time: http://www.google.com/imghp?sbi=1

Here are at least 1600x1200: http://www.netcarshow.com/porsche/2013-911_rsr/
Thank you, I'll try to do some "collage" with those 1600x1200 pics
Old 29 Mar 2013, 12:17 (Ref:3226333)   #120
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
I love that big mouth.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 12:52 (Ref:3226351)   #121
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Only 8 seconds off the pace in the first testing session.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 13:56 (Ref:3226365)   #122
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Only 8 seconds off the pace in the first testing session.
Wet/drying track.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 14:16 (Ref:3226370)   #123
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody know what the deal is with the roof hatch?
Old 29 Mar 2013, 15:19 (Ref:3226395)   #124
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
The difference is of course, that Audi don't have a model that is celebrating it's 50th anniversary (a feat in motoring history). If you look back to the 70's you will see that Porsche was racing with Porsche+Audi all over their cars, so it's not really an Äudi thing".
My point was that it is still similar, it's like a placeholder livery. Maybe this was the plan all the time, but even with a bigger sponsor, they could have still incorporated that 50/911 thing in it. I can't believe it is purely by choice.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 15:33 (Ref:3226397)   #125
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boy, sure alot of snarking about the livery. You know what the best livery is? The one that wins.