Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 May 2012, 19:32 (Ref:3076968)   #151
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
About £16? Looks a good price. The beauty of these things - despite being a little anti-social (but then all three of our little group wear them so it doesn't really matter!), is the sound-deadening. Yes, I love to hear the cars, but I also want to hear RLM, and you can - perfectly!
Yeah 16£ is about right .
And as i have just experienced this weekend, they muffle the sound perfectly as you can still hear the cars (maybe not the diesels), and play any Radio messages clearly. (It was however a Motorola Walki-Talki system i used at the Track)
Old 20 May 2012, 19:42 (Ref:3076974)   #152
Mike007
Rookie

England
Orpington, Kent
Mike007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I'm just taking someone who knows the way there, someone who can work the BBQ, someone who can set up the satellite TV, and probably 2 or 3 people who will break down on the way for us all to stand around and offer (im)practical advice to! Actually nothing new at all then!
Old 20 May 2012, 19:51 (Ref:3076979)   #153
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds as though you have it all sorted then Mike.....
Old 1 Jun 2012, 18:12 (Ref:3083401)   #154
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Just bought a foldable bike off the fleabay! Should be handy transportation on the circuit/to Arnage/Mulsanne!
Old 1 Jun 2012, 18:15 (Ref:3083407)   #155
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haven't bought anything new for Le Mans as such, but i will be taking my Marshalling Kit to Le Mans for the first time.

So if you see a wide-eyed englishman (a little on the round side, if I am honest about it) looking dazed and confused at Poste125, then it's probably me - shout some abuse and wave furiously!! ;-)
Old 1 Jun 2012, 18:36 (Ref:3083423)   #156
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Have you been given your jaffa outfit yet
Old 1 Jun 2012, 18:51 (Ref:3083433)   #157
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
His avatar is already the right colour!
Old 1 Jun 2012, 23:21 (Ref:3083574)   #158
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Bought 4 new grooved brake discs for the ol' Toyota GTfour ST185 and a refurbished gearbox.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 20:36 (Ref:3083990)   #159
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got me a peltor worktunes through a friend in return for a entrance ticket I had laying around. Great deal if you ask me
Old 2 Jun 2012, 20:39 (Ref:3083994)   #160
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Just bought a foldable bike off the fleabay! Should be handy transportation on the circuit/to Arnage/Mulsanne!
Now that's a long cycle trip.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 20:51 (Ref:3084005)   #161
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My first Monopod arrived last week,

Queue Simmi being smacked by it as I walk around absent mindedly.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 00:12 (Ref:3084081)   #162
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
My first Monopod arrived last week,

Queue Simmi being smacked by it as I walk around absent mindedly.
Bought myself one too ! €15,- used from the dutch bidding site 'Marktplaats'.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 07:06 (Ref:3084156)   #163
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
what exact;y is a monopod ?
Old 3 Jun 2012, 07:49 (Ref:3084204)   #164
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Think of a tripod Simon - now take away two of the three legs.....

It's simply a single leg designed to give a degree of stability to the camera, particularly when working with longer lenses. I have a couple but have never really got on with them.....
Old 3 Jun 2012, 07:51 (Ref:3084208)   #165
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
if you drink less alcohol your hands won't shake as much
Old 3 Jun 2012, 09:19 (Ref:3084308)   #166
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
if you drink less alcohol your hands won't shake as much
Camera's that weigh 2,5 kg do tend to get heavy if you walk around with them all day. A monopod is a welcome relieve sometimes...
Old 3 Jun 2012, 09:22 (Ref:3084313)   #167
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
But I find carrying it - even the light one I have - too much of a pain....
Old 3 Jun 2012, 10:10 (Ref:3084358)   #168
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
But I find carrying it - even the light one I have - too much of a pain....
I just chuck mine on the side of the bag and it's there without being to irritating. Just a little harder to get the rain cover on, luckily I won't be needing that one this year...
Old 3 Jun 2012, 10:12 (Ref:3084361)   #169
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Now that's a long cycle trip.
9.6 kms from Beausejour to Mulsanne, that's quite allright!
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=...6&via=1,2&z=13
Old 4 Jun 2012, 07:37 (Ref:3084936)   #170
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Better leave the bike at home and buy some waterskis!
Old 4 Jun 2012, 07:40 (Ref:3084938)   #171
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Better leave the bike at home and buy some waterskis!
is it still raining down there?
Old 4 Jun 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3085235)   #172
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so this year my plan is to sneak a knife in the car (not to kill anyone or anything) but if i have to try and carve meat with plastic cutlery again i will scream louder than the race! plus im pretty sure walking into the dutch camp and asking to borrow a murder weapon might have worried them a little too much.

on serious note... he may talk about this wonderful new jag hes taking with him but he's bumped me from it! Seriously thought i was going to have to walk to Le Mans!
Old 4 Jun 2012, 23:25 (Ref:3085371)   #173
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel View Post
so this year my plan is to sneak a knife in the car (not to kill anyone or anything) but if i have to try and carve meat with plastic cutlery again i will scream louder than the race! plus im pretty sure walking into the dutch camp and asking to borrow a murder weapon might have worried them a little too much.

on serious note... he may talk about this wonderful new jag hes taking with him but he's bumped me from it! Seriously thought i was going to have to walk to Le Mans!
Do you have to sneak a proper knife in? One of the areas where Tertre Rouge has always struck me as having things in common with a business class cabin on an airliner is the ready access to proper cutlery.
Old 5 Jun 2012, 07:09 (Ref:3085450)   #174
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It is amazing what people take to terte rouge campsite one year the dutch next to us had a load of old kitchen units and set them up with a sink, cupboards and running water very civilised indeed
Old 5 Jun 2012, 09:14 (Ref:3085485)   #175
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Do you have to sneak a proper knife in? One of the areas where Tertre Rouge has always struck me as having things in common with a business class cabin on an airliner is the ready access to proper cutlery.
oh its not the campsite i have to sneak it past! dads insistence for awful cutlery!

if only we had the comfy seats and the food service of business class oh well foam mat and bbq will have to do