Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 29 Dec 2023, 09:08 (Ref:4190137)   #1601
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Sorry to if let you down Bob . The rendezvous just did not happen. Spent a good time in the pub looking out for Viv wearing a tenths badge . Mrs Delta and family were getting excited about this meeting . Enjoyed the day apart from awful pasty . Never mind the beer was good. I will sign off now and wish you all Happy 2024 .
Sorry we didn't manage to meet up Iain, we will have to make a more concerted effort next time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Not from Mrs Viva presumably!
John, family Christmas tradition is home made Pork Pies not pasties. I would have included a picture to show you how good they look but 1. They've all been eaten. & 2. Now that Baub's back on the scene I don't want to give him any easy targets for criticism!
We leave for home tomorrow so I'll wish you al a Happy 2024 and look forward to the banter continuing (whatever next years new thread is called).
Old 29 Dec 2023, 09:16 (Ref:4190138)   #1602
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think that to try to join the latest trends, we could call the 2024 thread "T time bants" no matter how awful that that is.
Old 29 Dec 2023, 09:16 (Ref:4190139)   #1603
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Sorry we didn't manage to meet up Iain, we will have to make a more concerted effort next time.

John, family Christmas tradition is home made Pork Pies not pasties. I would have included a picture to show you how good they look but 1. They've all been eaten. & 2. Now that Baub's back on the scene I don't want to give him any easy targets for criticism!
We leave for home tomorrow so I'll wish you al a Happy 2024 and look forward to the banter continuing (whatever next years new thread is called).
And a Very Happy New Year to you also.

Bauble is presumably not up yet!
Old 29 Dec 2023, 10:47 (Ref:4190143)   #1604
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I think that to try to join the latest trends, we could call the 2024 thread "T time bants" no matter how awful that that is.
I'm looking forward to discovering what next year's thread is called but I'm not sure who will set it up since everyone moans about the choice anyway......
Old 29 Dec 2023, 10:48 (Ref:4190144)   #1605
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post

Bauble is presumably not up yet!
Doubt it as he was on his puzzle page at 1am!
Old 29 Dec 2023, 11:48 (Ref:4190150)   #1606
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post

John, family Christmas tradition is home made Pork Pies

Thanks Viv.... I now have a craving for Pork Pies, something I rarely see in Supermarkets here, and when I have found them in the past they were very average.... my local delicatessen that used to sell them and they were reasonable, but they changed hands and the Pork Pies disappeared.

I have spent the last 10 minutes googling and have found a reasonably local market that claims they sell home made traditional ones so guess where I am of to in the morning.

As for tonights craving I will have to settle for a bacon sandwich.

Safe journey home Viv and wish you all the best for a safe happy healthy and hopefully prosperous 2024.
Old 29 Dec 2023, 12:10 (Ref:4190151)   #1607
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
What about “rendezvous 2024”. Someone clever on here can put up that film of the Ferrari racing through Paris .Just thinking ?
Old 29 Dec 2023, 12:21 (Ref:4190152)   #1608
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
What about “rendezvous 2024”. Someone clever on here can put up that film of the Ferrari racing through Paris .Just thinking ?

Leclerc did that at Monaco a few years ago
Old 29 Dec 2023, 12:57 (Ref:4190156)   #1609
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
May I respectfully point out to those non-domiciled posters that 1st January is the start of the New Year, December 31st is still 2023.

Just saying.
Old 29 Dec 2023, 13:01 (Ref:4190157)   #1610
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Iain is right, the sound comes from a Ferrari (Claude Lelouch words) when the caméra was bolted to a 450SEL 6,9 Merc (watta car!) front bumper. A weapon of choice in this matter with its soft and efficient hydro-pneumatic suspension. A smart panty recently posted the film in another part of the forum.

@E.B don't you feel it sounds like a 911?
Old 29 Dec 2023, 13:07 (Ref:4190158)   #1611
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
May I respectfully point out to those non-domiciled posters that 1st January is the start of the New Year, December 31st is still 2023.
Thank you Bob, good info. As a reminder, it's always Middle Age down here… So its either Easter or nivôse also called clay-day (not related to Regazzoni).
Old 29 Dec 2023, 13:07 (Ref:4190159)   #1612
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

Just saying.
Ah but being the advance party so to speak, whilst you in Blighty are enjoying your final dinner of 2023 we will have likely already had our first breakfast of 2024! I daresay it will have been a "Full English" breakfast too.

Just saying.
Old 29 Dec 2023, 13:22 (Ref:4190160)   #1613
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Ah but being the advance party so to speak, whilst you in Blighty are enjoying your final dinner of 2023 we will have likely already had our first breakfast of 2024! I daresay it will have been a "Full English" breakfast too.

Just saying.
I shall be attempting to cook a 'Full English' for three on Sunday, some friends having successfully smuggled the ingredients in from England!

And yes, I also have the Claude Lelouche DVD of the drive through Paris - it is a fascinating bit of viewing. Just don't have anything to play it on at the moment...
Old 29 Dec 2023, 13:44 (Ref:4190162)   #1614
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Iain is right, the sound comes from a Ferrari (Claude Lelouch words) when the caméra was bolted to a 450SEL 6,9 Merc (watta car!) front bumper. A weapon of choice in this matter with its soft and efficient hydro-pneumatic suspension. A smart panty recently posted the film in another part of the forum.

@E.B don't you feel it sounds like a 911?
I thought it was the rear bumper, except for the parking scene. They reversed the film and speeded it up. There was a film of a train from London to Brighton where they did something similar. Filmed from the rear of the train, then reversed it for publication.
Old 29 Dec 2023, 13:58 (Ref:4190164)   #1615
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I thought it was the rear bumper, except for the parking scene. They reversed the film and speeded it up. There was a film of a train from London to Brighton where they did something similar. Filmed from the rear of the train, then reversed it for publication.
I dont think it could be reversed as the pigeons flying up must be from in front of the car .

Might work from this link
Old 29 Dec 2023, 14:04 (Ref:4190165)   #1616
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Fair enough, I saw it a long time ago.

Edit: After a quick google: https://www.granturismoevents.com/ne...is-movie-1976/
Old 29 Dec 2023, 14:26 (Ref:4190166)   #1617
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
I dont think it could be reversed as the pigeons flying up must be from in front of the car .

Thanks for that - briliant! Just watched it twice.
Old 29 Dec 2023, 14:26 (Ref:4190168)   #1618
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The movie still looks awesome to this day. And the editing of the tyre squeals and Ferrari engine were done very much in synch with the pictures
Old 29 Dec 2023, 14:34 (Ref:4190169)   #1619
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Fair enough, I saw it a long time ago.

Edit: After a quick google: https://www.granturismoevents.com/ne...is-movie-1976/
Yes , it was about 47 years ago .
I did see back then , but did not know if it was still about , but managed to find it . And your link does explain a lot about it .
Old 29 Dec 2023, 15:38 (Ref:4190172)   #1620
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Yep,and the crushed moskitoes should be on the mirror of the sideview mirrors and not outside. If you see what I mean…

John, I think its the best you can watch from Lelouche together with the famous 'Stang at Deauville (Un Homme et une femme, aka Shabada bada bada…)).https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtz9hs

Bob bquizz mode on: there's a relation between the actor and a famous F1 driver. A clue? Family name does not begin with a B…
Old 29 Dec 2023, 15:44 (Ref:4190173)   #1621
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The movie still looks awesome to this day. And the editing of the tyre squeals and Ferrari engine were done very much in synch with the pictures

Most of the time....there were a few spots where the engine revs and the apparent road speed seemed out of sync, but overall well done.....
Old 29 Dec 2023, 15:53 (Ref:4190174)   #1622
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
My CD of 'Rendezvous' is dated 2003 & was available from www.spiritlevelfilm.com. However, the website no longer seems to be active.
Old 29 Dec 2023, 16:05 (Ref:4190176)   #1623
Tim Barry
Racer

United Kingdom
Rainham, Kent, UK
Tim Barry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I have the photo Tim of us at the start . Well done with the Winn.?
I'm sure I have a laminated blown-up copy of it somewhere. I was in the Wimhurst PLP4 which I'm sure a certain Mr. Morgan would know about!
Old 29 Dec 2023, 16:11 (Ref:4190177)   #1624
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Yep,and the crushed moskitoes should be on the mirror of the sideview mirrors and not outside. If you see what I mean…

John, I think its the best you can watch from Lelouche together with the famous 'Stang at Deauville (Un Homme et une femme, aka Shabada bada bada…)).https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtz9hs

Bob bquizz mode on: there's a relation between the actor and a famous F1 driver. A clue? Family name does not begin with a B…
Aha time for Tea'... avec mon oncle Maurice!
Old 29 Dec 2023, 16:17 (Ref:4190178)   #1625
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Well done Tel?
Closed Thread