Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 7 Sep 2005, 16:45 (Ref:1401526)   #1
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lausitzring: Laconi loses, Lanzi lands in *Spoilers*

(Great alliteration, huh?)

Regis Laconi misses this weekend's WSBK meeting due to his injuries from Assen - Lorenzo Lanzi steps up from the NCR Caracchi team to fill in. BBC Ceefax's article notes that Lanzi has 8 successive top-10 finishes - an impressive run for a rookie on a 2004 bike.
Old 7 Sep 2005, 16:52 (Ref:1401538)   #2
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
damn .. i wan't able to cover the Assen race very well ... but i did see that Laconi was missing from the race ..
hope Lanzi does a good job. and hope Regis can come back to secure at least 3rd in championship ..

Ciao Marco
Old 7 Sep 2005, 22:25 (Ref:1401769)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I missed assen completely

in fact ive missed heaps of superbike events this year..
Has Corser won it yet ??
Old 7 Sep 2005, 22:37 (Ref:1401782)   #4
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nope, Chris still has a mathamatical chance, but we're talking about Corser "Doing the Doohan" here and fracturing something...
Old 10 Sep 2005, 13:03 (Ref:1403688)   #5
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lanzi p2 after Quali.
Old 10 Sep 2005, 20:34 (Ref:1403916)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And he's took Superpole. ahead of Vermeulen, Corser and Toseland. Quite something really. I'm sure a lot of viewers won't have a clue who he is, but I always felt he had some potential. The races are the real challenge though.
Old 10 Sep 2005, 20:54 (Ref:1403930)   #7
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
didn't he raced Superstock or something like that before ???

Ciao Marco
Old 10 Sep 2005, 22:29 (Ref:1403987)   #8
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He raced the sole Ducati 750 in the World Super Sports last year.
Old 11 Sep 2005, 06:19 (Ref:1404177)   #9
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
and raced Superstock before that . i've checked.
http://www.superbike-racing.co.uk/20...s/Lanzi_01.htm

Ciao Marco
Old 11 Sep 2005, 11:12 (Ref:1404448)   #10
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Ahhh Chris V took the race from Haga with Troy in third.

Lanzi goofed up and cut the track, got a ride through, finished 8th.

Bostrom 10th - Meh...

McCoy 11th - Show's that he's still "The man". Ahead of Martin.

2nd race on soon(ish)

Last edited by Hazza; 11 Sep 2005 at 11:14. Reason: It was my will. And so it was done.
Old 11 Sep 2005, 19:02 (Ref:1404866)   #11
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
and Lanzi wins race 2 . nice showing well over Toseland . how did he became champion ?? . i know . stupid Laconi kept falling

Ciao Marco
Old 11 Sep 2005, 21:05 (Ref:1404992)   #12
deebrief
Rookie

England
Haddenham
deebrief should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Lanzi making such a good impression, where does this leave Toseland for 2006.
Sorry, but time has run out for him and the Ducati works team may well take up with Lanzi and retain laconi as well.
Old 11 Sep 2005, 21:42 (Ref:1405042)   #13
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
they would be my choice too

Ciao Marco
Old 11 Sep 2005, 22:13 (Ref:1405081)   #14
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
3 bikes?

The superbikeplanet heading was "Somebody is out of a ride, we're just not sure who."
Old 12 Sep 2005, 08:54 (Ref:1405384)   #15
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Lanzi was Ducati test-rider also for a season or two.

Quote:
With Lanzi making such a good impression, where does this leave Toseland for 2006.
Suzuki MotoGP team ??

JT won the title, because of Laconi's poor showing in few races, Laconi was the better of two IMHO, and he still is.

Hey guys, have anyone of you heard the rumours of MV Agusta/GSE Racing/Troy Bayliss?
Old 12 Sep 2005, 19:40 (Ref:1406021)   #16
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
nope . havent heard .. interesting . but do they have enough backing ?? . i hope it's not another Foggy .. MV Agusta name should be respected

Ciao Marco
Old 12 Sep 2005, 20:12 (Ref:1406058)   #17
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
Alex, I take it you're implying that Toseland would be in the team alongside Bayliss? Sounds quite likely as both have been GSE guys before, but it would be such a big risk for everyone involved.

To me James is better than Regis overall, and he held his nerve when neccessary last year. Laconi crashes much too frequently to be a topline rider. I'm not sure James could keep his head above water in MotoGP - if there's a Suzuki MotoGP ride available for a British rider I'd prefer to see Shakey Byrne get a chance on a half-decent bike.
Old 12 Sep 2005, 21:51 (Ref:1406160)   #18
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Nope Boots, AFAIK JT heads into Suzuki MotoGP, he was really looking serious when asking about it. But who knows : GSE has some great line up this year: with Lavilla and Haslam...

AFAIK Alstare wanted to come to WSBK with MV Agusta if the Suzuki factory deal would fail last year, it came into fruition and Alstare is a Suzuki team. Now this rumour about MV Agusta and GSE Racing is really serious, I wonder how serious are Bayliss' talks to GSE : Let's face the fact, he's only chance to do factory Duke ride is with... GSE Racing in UK. There is almost certain that Ducati Austin retain their line-up and Ducati Corse sign new kid in town Lorenzo Lanzi. The only real and good bike for Troy is Honda from ten Kate... and GSE Racing factory MV Agusta deal.
Old 13 Sep 2005, 01:13 (Ref:1406254)   #19
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Australian Motorcycle News reported that if GSE moved to WSB next year it would be on Ducati's with Lavilla and Haslam.

Bayliss was mentioned as likely to be on a Ducati Superbike next year.

Haven't i read somewhere that Eric Bostrom won't be riding for Austin Ducati next year?
Old 13 Sep 2005, 12:41 (Ref:1406648)   #20
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Miguel DuHammel should step down when he's still on top.

AFAIK Eric has contract with Ducati.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 00:48 (Ref:1407192)   #21
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
AFAIK FGSport were talking at the start of the year of a factory MV-Agusta team and a factory Aprillia team entering next year's series.

I guess the logic is that the only ex-World Superbike champion still riding who doesn't have a ride next year is Troy so people put 2 and 2 together to make 4.

Does anyone know how good the German SBK championship is? Because if it is any indication, MV won their first race at the 'Ring this year.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 00:53 (Ref:1407194)   #22
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
Haven't i read somewhere that Eric Bostrom won't be riding for Austin Ducati next year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbikeplanet.com
What are Eric Bostrom's 2006 plans in regard to racing? While there is no on-the-record confirmation, it seems quite apparent that any reports that Bostrom would be returning to the Ducati Austin team for next season were fanciful at best. As of this week Bostrom is no longer in contention for the second rider seat on the factory US Ducati team for 2006, but whether this is Bostrom's decision, Ducati's decision or a mutually agreed upon decision is unknown.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2005/Sep/050913d.htm

Old 15 Sep 2005, 20:13 (Ref:1408820)   #23
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
Perhaps Bayliss will end up in the US alongside Hodgson then? This Ducati situation could work out in any number of ways - Lanzi and Laconi on the factory bikes and Lavilla and Haslam staying with GSE but moving back to WSBK is one possibility, but I wonder if Ducati would retain a presence in BSB and leave Haslam there to mature for one more year - Lavilla has outpaced him on tracks he didn't know this year - with perhaps Lavilla and Bayliss riding for GSE? Certainly, Lavilla has improved his stock greatly this year, and Lanzi has suddenly now - personally I wonder if Toseland or Laconi would be missed, when such talent could be on offer?
Old 16 Sep 2005, 21:46 (Ref:1409617)   #24
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Laconi has still won 3 times this season . only Corser and Vermuelen won more races .. and even that by missing a few races . a pairing Laconi with Lanzi would be the best imho ..

Ciao Marco